Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQXCkIHP_Tg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i feel empathy for sovereign citizens. they realize something is deeply wrong with the current system, but are so inundated by patriotic propaganda and so thick headed they can't quite articulate what the real problems are. its sad really, more than funny

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Antifreeze Head posted:

Yeah. I know a police officer and he hates the freemen on the land/sovereign citizens because there are a few of them that are willing to go that extra step and really stake a claim at sovereignty like they were a nation.

thats the critical point where sovereign citizen logic fails. you can not escape laws, you ether follow the laws of society, or the law of the jungle comes into effect.

i hope you have the biggest claws

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ColoradoCleric posted:

Where do their ideas that they can squat on other peoples property and take it over or charge people money for frivolous things come from?

200 years of the federal government doing just that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Hey dumbass those checkpoints exist to stop people who made it past the actual border when they shouldn't have, they're not for you, which is why they let you go if you say yes. It's because they already know you're a legal citizen since the previous checkpoints let you through, and only an idiot would say 'no'. If you weren't they would have heard about it and been ready to be like "actually we heard otherwise lol". The only reason they still ask anyway is because they are legally still required to stop you because you are in a car going down their highway. I can't believe you're actually this much of an idiot, it's common sense dude.

i dont think anyone gives a poo poo what the justifications are, setting up checkpoints and detaining people arbitrarily is one of those things that really should be a violation of the constitution (even if it isn't because of some legal "interpretation" bullshit)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

It sure is a good thing that they explicitly don't detain you then, even those jerks in that vid I linked were free to go after they declined to answer since being a dickhead =/= reasonable suspicion.

so you can just drive past and not stop then? i doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Omi-Polari posted:

Have you been through one of these checkpoints it's a breeze you just go ahhhyup! And they go okie dokie!

thats how it starts, soon enough it'll only be "one or two" soldiers quartered in your house, only a "short" pryer to jesus, no more "grand juries" just acceptable ones, the right to bear arms will be restricted to bears!

• Locked thread