Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

chaoslord posted:

Guys look it I found the real scum

This is their only post. More like, LURK under the Rock.

##unvote

Yeah and I'm probably not gonna be around much today as Wednesday is my heavy class day. I'll catch up on the thread but don't expect much as I've got a statistics test at 7 and need to read all the material we didn't cover in class for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

paradoxGentleman posted:

Here's my motivation: I like Hazdoc's reasoning and want him to survive. The way I feel there is the best chance of achieving this is to send someone else to the chopping block, since he has almost the majority of votes up until now. This is the limit of my ability as a Mafia player up until now.

I am sorry Kashuno, but you might be sacrificed at the altar of my incompetence.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Can someone explain to me what does OMGUS mean

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah and I'm probably not gonna be around much today as Wednesday is my heavy class day. I'll catch up on the thread but don't expect much as I've got a statistics test at 7 and need to read all the material we didn't cover in class for some reason.

Good luck with your test!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to me what does OMGUS mean

Good luck with your test!

OMGUS = Oh My God U Suck
Basically retaliatory voting. Except it applies when the vote is a kneejerk reaction, not when you literally lied about the reasoning of your vote and hopped on a bandwagon.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sorry that's should've said accurate, was phone posting. What that meant was that I voted you for extremely aggressive posting that seemed to really wanna put the blame somewhere.

Anyway, it looked to me for a while you were trying to get something to happen with EXAKT, but that train didn't take so you switched to me and tunneled hard after I put a vote on you.

Your vote reasoning sucks. I said you post really aggressively. You accused me of being scum and that's why it scared me. I responded with a post saying that your aggressive posting style is good at getting you voted on, then voted. You respond with saying that my vote on you is low effort/no content and then vote me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My reason for voting you had to do with your attitude, not your votecount. Try again.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kashuno posted:

Sorry that's should've said accurate, was phone posting. What that meant was that I voted you for extremely aggressive posting that seemed to really wanna put the blame somewhere.

Anyway, it looked to me for a while you were trying to get something to happen with EXAKT, but that train didn't take so you switched to me and tunneled hard after I put a vote on you.

Your vote reasoning sucks. I said you post really aggressively. You accused me of being scum and that's why it scared me. I responded with a post saying that your aggressive posting style is good at getting you voted on, then voted. You respond with saying that my vote on you is low effort/no content and then vote me.

Haha ok so, this post:

Hazdoc posted:

Umm, and there is something wrong with me being aggressive? You scared I'm gonna bust you and your scum buddies?
was me being aggressive? I scared you with THAT? Are you sure you're not being too cautious with your playstyle? You voted me for a casual, unsupported statement that I made mostly in a joking manner. I didn't even remember you were the one I made that post at, that's how little I thought of it. But you're going all in on that as an example of me being "aggressive" and wanting to get people lynched.

Take a step back and think really hard about who is tunneling who here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hazdoc posted:

Haha ok so, this post:

was me being aggressive? I scared you with THAT? Are you sure you're not being too cautious with your playstyle? You voted me for a casual, unsupported statement that I made mostly in a joking manner. I didn't even remember you were the one I made that post at, that's how little I thought of it. But you're going all in on that as an example of me being "aggressive" and wanting to get people lynched.

Take a step back and think really hard about who is tunneling who here.

No, I was saying that you accused me of being worried/scared of your aggressive posting because you were going to get me and my scumbros. I'm not tunneling on you, your activity just pinged me and it isn't really changing at this moment. If someone else comes along and pings me I'd be happy to look elsewhere, but right now it isn't.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kashuno posted:

No, I was saying that you accused me of being worried/scared of your aggressive posting because you were going to get me and my scumbros. I'm not tunneling on you, your activity just pinged me and it isn't really changing at this moment. If someone else comes along and pings me I'd be happy to look elsewhere, but right now it isn't.

From "I don't like attitude" to "that was an OMGUS vote and you're trying to get people lynched" to "I'm not tunneling, you just pinged at me". :shrug:

Horsebanger: Why are you voting for me?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I find it interesting that WWM did that whole thing where he randomly voted a bunch of people, and then just randomly stopped when he ended up on a vote leader. WWM how serious is your vote on Kash?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i want to know where mcdonalds man is. he is in my experience very active poster.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not sure how my train of thought isn't being followed. "Your aggressive attitude makes me really suspicious. You can continue to be aggressive, I continue to be suspicious."

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
why do you find aggression scummy?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
d1 there isn't much to go on, so relying on aggression and getting a train going on someone quickly can lead to a good dunk for scum. Not being first vote on a town slam d1 frees scum from immediate suspicion.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i disagree. i think the people who actually try to play and get things going on d1 are more likely to be town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So, who do you have a read on right now Uranus?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i only have town reads so far. not everyone has posted enough for my gart to be activated.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey im officially mentally available to play mafia

what did i miss

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
coffee chat

go chat

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im more of a tea guy myself

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I can't stand pure coffee, I prefer cappucino.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Scrap Dragon is replaced by yuming.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hi yuming

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

scrap dragon hows life

BottleKnight posted:

Scrap Dragon is replaced by yuming.

Somehow I feel this is all Jakes fault

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
serious vote: Hazdoc has reacted really poorly to pressure so far and my gut feel about all present players is that he is currently the scummiest

so, ##vote Hazdoc

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
hello yuming! :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hello hello it's me I was reading about yoga but now I'm gonna read this thread!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

sorry not a fan of burgers
##vote HiipFire

This is my joke vote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

uranus posted:

i'm waiting for someone else to start this time. i keep getting killed when i try to play.
Feels town man.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

okay backing down isn't entirely what you're doing, but you seem to be lacking in conviction.
D1: lacking in conviction.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hiipfire isn't a bad real vote either if u ask me

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

paradoxGentleman posted:

It is clear Now that uranus isn't going to get lynched, and I like Hazdoc's reasoning and don't want him to get hanged, so I am voting for someone else that I think has already a bunch of votes.
This reads like new town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
leaning scum on yuming

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I find it interesting that WWM did that whole thing where he randomly voted a bunch of people, and then just randomly stopped when he ended up on a vote leader. WWM how serious is your vote on Kash?
Jake P is engaged in a way that reads town to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

leaning scum on yuming
:sparkles:

Why?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

yuming posted:

##vote HiipFire

This is my joke vote.

rude

JakeP posted:

hiipfire isn't a bad real vote either if u ask me

rude

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Epsilon Plus posted:

serious vote: Hazdoc has reacted really poorly to pressure so far and my gut feel about all present players is that he is currently the scummiest

so, ##vote Hazdoc

By reacting poorly, you mean calling out people who are voting on me for not having good reasons? Or just posting in general?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

HiipFire posted:

im more of a tea guy myself
Who is a scum and why?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
General read of the thread: two vote leaders going at each other for tenuous reasons and little other discussion.

That other threads of discussion haven't appeared suggests scum haven't had to put in effort to steer discussion and that they're happy with how things are.

I'm going to look at the lazy voters and hassle the low-content posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

yuming posted:

Who is a scum and why?

I haven't been able to read the thread yet cause I've been away for the last 2 days

so I haven't caught up yet, but I didn't really like the flavour claims cause I didn't get any flavour but maybe those were jokeclaims idk

ill properly catch up in a bit

• Locked thread