Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You could see the seams in this one, there's lots of stuff Edgar Wright clearly would've babied more and his editing style is very distinct. However outside of Iron Man 3 its the one most resembling a movie than a TV show. Part of that is that I would rather watch Michael Pena eat cereal than than most of these bozos in any of these movies do anything.

Despite the obvious butchery, it's easily at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also after all the talk about "fridging", that particular character does the most badass thing in the whole film, that is, sacrificing herself without hesitation and the male character she inspires is deeply flawed and fragile.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yep. I don't think Reed managed the action particularly well, you can see that Wright was clearly using comedy timing to show how awesome the power could be. It was reliant on editing and camera tricks rather than depicting mini world. It works best to play the absurdity.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

duz posted:

Not entirely related, but I laughed when they showed Hank looking longingly at the photo of him and his wife, and her hat is pulled down so you can't see the actress they haven't cast yet to play her.

That was a real Batman and Robin Poison Ivy at the airport situation. Perfect example of something Wright would've called attention to in the editing, like Cate Blanchett in Hot Fuzz.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I can think of like one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dexo posted:

Yes, there's a link floating around somewhere. I think the BSS movie thread had it.

Hope was barely in Wright's script, Luis's explanations and flashbacks weren't in the original script. Jan wasn't mentioned at all. And obviously the Avengers warehouse wasn't there either.

Luis reads like Adam McKay punchup.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

effectual posted:

i totally agree.

It's too bad Hardy had to drop from SuiSquad.

They cloned him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

jivjov posted:

Well, I've actually never seen a Michael Douglas film before this and I spent the whole movie thinking they had aged him up for the bulk of Ant-Man, if that tells you anything.

Jivjov please watch something other than a comic book movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bongo Bill posted:

Because Sauron had an air force that could just kill all the eagles as they approached.

Ah yes,

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Eventually we'll get the Miracleman vs. Kid Miracleman in London fight when we're all in our 40's.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
And then she shrinks down and goes up his rear end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Strange Matter posted:

I scoffed at this, and then made the mistake of thinking about it for a second-- what exactly can she do that doesn't require spelunking? :psyduck:

The cheeky "your turn" is rife with possibilities. Either she's gonna give him a prostate orgasm or sound his urethra or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Golden Bee posted:

So the DVD release is coming out soon and my friend's doing some promotional 1-on-1s. Does anyone have any burning, insightful or assholish questions to tell to these Ant-Guys' Faces?

Just tell him to ask Rudd to load up Celery Man.

• Locked thread