Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

BrianWilly posted:

Can someone actually explain his motivation to me? It seems like he was just mad at Daddy Pym (who, again I stress, was his boss and not his father in any meaningful way depicted) for some vague betrayal (that was also never actually shown) and then Evil Midichlorians finished the job by just making him a full blown lunatic.

Yeah, I must be among the minority of people who felt that Cross is one of the weakest Marvel villains thus far along with Sam Rockwell (and you have no idea how much it kills me to say that Sam Rockwell has a weak performance in something). Seriously, his motivation seems to waffle between "ME WANT MONEY!" and "MY MENTOR IS A BIG STUPID POOPY HEAD AND I HATE HIM!!"

And maybe this is a dumb gripe but the whole timing of him putting on the Yellowjacket suit felt really off. He was out of sight for maybe 10 seconds and then BOOM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

therealjon_ posted:

I felt like the Darren Cross character was made to be played by John Malkovich.

Holy poo poo Malkovitch would've been loving amazing.

Also, I have to give credit where credit is due. Ant-Man made me feel bad for an insect in a way I haven't since Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kerrrrrrr posted:

"It's not a keychain",

You know, with the emphasis on the keychain in multiple scenes, showing it off, I had a feeling what was gonna happen, but it was still loving awesome.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So, who thinks either the Time or Soul Infinity Stone are hidden in the Quantum Realm?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Avalerion posted:

Other things (the ant, train and garden gnome) were made giant sized though so the tech for it is there.

Except they were just scaled up to relative size to humans. I mean, yes from their own perspectives they're now giant. But the Thomas the Tank Engine was enlarged to roughly scale-sized.

(Also, after they went to the trouble to show that the ant had been adopted by Cassie, am I the only one wondering what they would've done with Thomas?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

McDragon posted:

Also they left the Stan Lee cameo so late I totally forgot to watch for it so when it happened I was very surprised. That's still the best running gag in Marvel films. They should have him pop up in Batman vs Superman I think. Or just any DC film one day.

Deadpool better recognize him on sight, if only because we got a "gently caress LIEFELD!!" in the SDCC footage.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

A Bug posted:

The Microverse stuff was pretty rad and I hope they nail the same vibe in the Dr Strange movie

Feige has said that the Quantum Realm is very connected to Dr Strange.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kal-L posted:

But what if Hydra is willing to pay double of any legitimate amount? Why are you against the free market, you commie?

...says the guy who just advocated selling superweapons to actual Nazis.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So this from Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #6?

I cannot tell you how awesome seeing an MST3k referenced shoehorned in like that is.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Now let's be fair. Scientists throughout history who create technology that can murder people have had deep feelings of guilt about it. Alfred Nobel regretted dynamite so much, he dedicated the rest of his life to promoting peace. Albert Einstein was horrified by the implications of the atomic bomb. Sure Hank goes a little more...extreme about it than others, but really, not that different.

Besides, would you rather have quasi-Luddite Hank Pym, or, well...

this version?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So apparently Evangeline Lily wants Michelle Pfeiffer to play her mom returning from the Quantum Realm in a future movie.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

twistedbutterfly posted:

I never thought I would be emotionally invested in the well-being of ants.

It's the most emotion I've had towards an ant since Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

jivjov posted:

Yeah, the statements from Feige seemed to me much more Look at all this weird and wacky stuff; Dr. Strange messes with these forces all the time" and less "His magic is based on quantum mechanics explicitly"

It's all about alternate dimensions more than anything. Strange's powerset isn't being hosed with at least.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vintersorg posted:

This is from a few pages back (and I just got back from Ant Man, loved it) but umm.... you know Jet Jaguar is a real thing in the Godzilla series? It's not MST3K (even tho they rightfully make fun of it).

...No, I live in a cave.

I was referring to the PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH! part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

WarLocke posted:

The last scene in AoU makes it explicit that Falcon is part of the Avengers (or part of the new team they're setting up, with Stark and Thor and Banner all leaving).

I think it's more implied that Thor is "on leave" while he figures out the whole Infinity Stone deal. And Stark is still technically an Avenger seeing as he owns the base, my understanding is his deal is more "Only call me if you really need me. Or money. Or if you have booze."

• Locked thread