Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ant-Man also does not have a case of fridging in it. It's a term people misuse all the time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I could have sworn I saw an outline of someone for a split second but it might have been a case of trying too hard to notice something that wasnt there

I think the consensus is that there is a silhouette or outline of a person. I thought I saw a flash of wings, so I'm assuming it was Janet shown to still be there. Other people are speculating it has something to do with Dr. Strange.

I hope Michael Douglas returns as Hank Pym in Civil War and just goes around punching everyone.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

I have some plot issues I need straightened out.

1. What exactly is Scott's incentive to help Pym? Pym doesn't offer Scott anything. All he gives Scott is the chance to prove himself the hero his daughter thinks he is. So is Scott being Ant-Man just to impress his daughter? Is it really just about saving the world?

2. That cop Paxton learns that Hank Pym masqueraded as Scott's lawyer and visited Scott just before Scott busted out of prison. Why did Paxton wait until Pym went to his company for Cross' unveiling? Why did he not immediately go to Pym's house and arrest him?

3. There is a moment in the Yellowjacket vault where Cross has a gun pointed at Scott's head. Hope uses the ants to disarm Cross. At this point, there is a strange cut where Cross just grabs a suitcase and walks out the vault. Why didn't Scott or Hope stop him? That was weird.

4. The explosives Scott plants totally destroys the Pym Technologies building. That could have killed anyone inside. We saw the building being evacuated before that happened, but how did Pym and his gang arrange that? The explosives were on a timer.

1. Pym promises to help Scott out in regards to seeing his daughter. Pym is rich and has connections. It's not a stretch to imagine he could get Scott a job and apartment and poo poo. But hey, being a superhero is probably a good way to impress people too.

2. Who's to say they didn't and nobody answered? Pym is a recluse and rarely ever even goes to his company. So he likely never goes out in public and stays in his secret rooms.

3. Pym had just been shot and they wanted to make sure he was okay.

4. Luis pulls an alarm to evacuate the building.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doctor Nick posted:

Not only was it a paint-by-the-numbers superhero flick with every single cinematic cliche you come to expect from these movies, they had really lazy racist stereotypes as the only two non-white people in the movie used solely for comic relief. We walked out when we heard "THIS IS THE WORK OF GYPSIES" coming from Luis. gently caress this movie.

I know this is a troll, but Luis and Dave both have heroic moments that save lives.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Oh no, the general form of one of the types of jokes they did in those scenes had been done before.

Simpsons did it!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

I don't like something != Tired and played out

I bet more studios wish they could be tired and played out by getting out movies that are liked by the majority of people who see them and by critics, and manage to always perform well at the box office.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

The Falcon fight scene was there for pacing. Without it, the middle of the movie would have been nothing but training montages and exposition.

It also showed what Scott is capable of when fighting, and how his skills improved from learning from Hope.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wade Wilson posted:

Yeah, so was nap time.

Nap time has and always will own.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cocks Cable posted:

It's Paul Rudd. Who wouldn't make out with him, just for fun at least?

Now Lang I can get into!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They won't be able to have Jean Grey give Jessica immunity to Purple Man's powers after the fact though, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that aspect

They don't really need to do anything like that. In the comics they've explained that people with extreme willpower have been able to beat him. Hell, one time Moon Knight just wore earplugs and beat him.

They could just have Jessica do something as simple as that, or the whole inner strength thing where she overcomes his powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

That's not even Millar or ultimates. It is from a really bad run of avengers though.

Geoff Johns!

• Locked thread