Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Holy poo poo did you see that?!
Like, I'm not trying to startle you or anything, but ohmigawshdidyouseethatsnipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Hulk Hogan Called Kaiyden a N****r Lover
And eight more reasons why I'm now cheering for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Quailmom: How I'm Fighting For The Rights Of My Fictional Children
Ever since I adopted Doug Funny, I've been proud of my status as a mother, but my doctor...

10 Crazy Things You Won't Believe They Let Clouds Look Like In Japan!
I spent three days in Japan, and never left my hotel, so I'm kind of an expert on the country...

Placenta Pants: How One Brave Woman Turned An Act Of Misogyny Into A Liberating Business Opportunity
"I've had it with your deranged placenta obsession!" her husband yelled as he fled their home...

Why I've Completely Given Up On My Appearance, And Why Everyone Should Praise Me Nonstop For It
I look like a mound of raw dough someone rolled through a pile of dirty laundry and stuck a pair of goofy glassed into, but...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Command Ant posted:

Why I've Completely Given Up On My Appearance, And Why Everyone Should Praise Me Nonstop For It
I look like a mound of raw dough someone rolled through a pile of dirty laundry and stuck a pair of goofy glassed into, but...

This Blogger Is Changing The World, One Brave Day At A Time
Command Ant is a blogger who is challenging the patriarchy's notion that a person should wear clean clothes and...

10 Fat Acceptance Activists You Should Be Following On Twitter
What topics are trending on twitter is a matter of serious importance, just like being genderqueer...

These Courageous Pictures Show A Half-Naked Ugly Chick With Bizarre Slogans Smeared On Her Flesh
I applaud anyone willing to brave the overwhelming expectation that people should wear clothes that cover their panniculus...

I Had To Order A Special Toilet Seat Because Of My Body Type. That's Not OK.
I broke three toilet seats in the last 2 years, but I had to search online to find a seat capable of supporting....

My Overeating And Lack Of Exercise Have Nothing To Do With My Morbid Obesity
As a mother, we all eat mac&cheese. I use food to get a much-needed boost after co-sleeping with Ethynn, 13, who tosses and turns all...

The Fad Diets I Demand My Children Eat Along With Me Are Surely Helping Them
Of course it's good for kids to eat Kale-infused everything and abstain from red meat, gluten, and non-organic produce.

The Way Children Are Educated Is More Important Than Them Actually Learning Anything
I took Kaleighe out of school after a teacher told her she had to do her math work after lunch, even after I sent in a note explaining she can decide for herself...

My Child Kind Of Wanders Around During The Day And That's Better Than A Formal Education
For centuries, young people would apprentice under a master to learn a craft- they didn't need schools. Granted, Jaycub doesn't follow a professional anything (except Mother)...

My Children Staring At And Smudging Their Fingers Across Touchscreens All Day Is Giving Them The Tools To Succeed In The Social Future
I didn't want to get my children Ipads, but I don't want my kids to grow up without the valuable experience of dicking around a slick gui all day to no purpose. Other kids will grow up exposed to technology, just like Bill Gates was. He had early access to computers- I want my children to have the same. Sure, my kids don't know a drat thing about how the devices they're using work, or how interfaces are designed, or how the products are marketed and sold, and they sure didn't earn the money to buy them. But giving my kid a way to idly send funny faces to other bored kids with a zero-effort caption like "bored at target" is the same thing as giving a kid access to the technology of the future. Just think- when they get hired they'll have thousands of friends on facebook to vouch for them! An employer will be able to get a sample of their whole life in one google search! This can't harm my kids, it's technology and technology is big business and that means its good.

Sure, some kids are out there writing code and taking apart old TV's and writing crappy poetry in cheap notebooks, but my kids are going to be the Gender-Diverse Bill O'Reilly's of the hyper-connected Social Workplace, where there's no boundaries between work and friendship. Other kids might help their parents with household tasks, or even help at a family business but mine are going to be focusing on what counts: whatever apple says the new way of doing things is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

This Blogger Is Changing The World, One Brave Day At A Time
Command Ant is a blogger who is challenging the patriarchy's notion that a person should wear clean clothes and...

10 Fat Acceptance Activists You Should Be Following On Twitter
What topics are trending on twitter is a matter of serious importance, just like being genderqueer...

These Courageous Pictures Show A Half-Naked Ugly Chick With Bizarre Slogans Smeared On Her Flesh
I applaud anyone willing to brave the overwhelming expectation that people should wear clothes that cover their panniculus...

I read HuffPo's political news section a lot and there is p much a 100% chance that one of the linked articles on the right side of the screen will be a variation on either "I found pictures on the Internet of a fat/ugly person in revealing clothing; here, look, this is them" or "<x celebrity> was seen in public being conventionally attractive and I am reporting on this for some reason while struggling to conceal my resentment of her", it's uncanny

The site is like a newspaper with Tumblr in the margins between articles basically

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

loquacius posted:

I read HuffPo's political news section a lot and there is p much a 100% chance that one of the linked articles on the right side of the screen will be a variation on either "I found pictures on the Internet of a fat/ugly person in revealing clothing; here, look, this is them" or "<x celebrity> was seen in public being conventionally attractive and I am reporting on this for some reason while struggling to conceal my resentment of her", it's uncanny

The site is like a newspaper with Tumblr in the margins between articles basically

Truth, I became a parent last year and I read a lot online. I rapidly discovered that the enormous majority of "parenting" content is complete horseshit.

I Treat My Children's Upbringing Like I'm Min-Maxing Gender In Some Kind Of Video Game
I gave my child a male name, so they'd be viewed as powerful. But I also forced them to live as the other gender, so they'd be compassionate. I pick out Kaighdenn's outfit...

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
When parenting a trans child, let then teach you
Once you see and hear from your child what they experience, all of that [doubt] falls to the side.

Oh wait, that's Mashable. Remember when they used to be a tech site?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
how can a child be transgender?? are doctors allowed to take scissors to their no-nos

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
oh a 17 year old ""child""

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

oh a 17 year old ""child""

Why 17 Is The New 8
After Jenners' latest emotional outburst over video game journalism I realized that everything I'd been taught about maturity was a product of a patriarchal....

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

how can a child be transgender?? are doctors allowed to take scissors to their no-nos

I thought that was normal in America :confused:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Cannibalizing your own children and the 7 best health benefits your doctor doesn't want you to know about.
We'll show you why new meat is lean healthy meat and why you should eat the genitals first in a display of dominance to your household pack.

zaitochi
Dec 2, 2014
5 things your daughter should never mention on a first date
My daughter wants to go out with a trucker.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Why I'm Raising my Child to not Differentiate between his Father and the Family Dog

Are Haircuts Teaching our Children to Hate?

Shocking: 7 out of 10 Doctors Lack Basic Homeopathic Knowledge

15 Lynchings that WEREN'T Racist
We all go looking for the worst in a lynching, but every once in a while...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Sonofsilversign posted:

Why 17 Is The New 8
After Jenners' latest emotional outburst over video game journalism I realized that everything I'd been taught about maturity was a product of a patriarchal....

Well, 17 is the new 8 (for the middle class planning on college) because extending adolescence keeps warm bodies out of a job pool that is having workers retire later and later due to longer lifespans and a lovely economic situation that has devoured retirement funds. Plus, adult children are more likely to make poor financial decisions like buying poo poo they don't need instead of saving for emergencies and large purchases, which makes manufacturers happy. So, not necessarily a terrible thing, I guess.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
How Autism Saved My Child's Life

What This Man Said To My Blind Retarded Deaf Transexual Son Will Enrage You, and Then Make You Smile

My Disabled Kid Isn't Broken, Just DIFFERENT!!1111

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
How I Embraced My Son's New Fursona
Shh, shh, just stop fighting and accept the cool side of the pillow. It will all be over soon, Kaiyden..

Our Family's Homeopathic Healer Thinks She Can Cleanse Kaiyden's Aura, Post-Mortem
And 4 other things that might get the grass to grow again in our backyard

SHOCKING! The Government Put My Undead Furry Son to Work in a Clandestine Operations Outfit
Kaiyden says It's some kind of suicide squad!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

My Husband Asked Me To Take Out The Garbage Twice
Even after I told him I'd do it later

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

How My Doctor Fat Shamed Me By Talking About My High Blood Pressure
I cried for literally hours upon hours but with constant support from my husband who honestly isn't sick of me complaining about stupid shi...

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 26, 2015

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
You Gotta See This
Like, omg, you aren't going to believe this, just hurry up and click the link, it's just that amazing

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

doctor 7 posted:

How My Doctor Fat Shamed Me By Talking About My High Blood Pressure
I cried for literally hours upon hours but with constantly support from my husband who honestly isn't sick of me complaining about stupid shi...

How I Lost 30 Pounds Without Giving In To My Doctors Telling Me To Exercise and Eat Vegetables
When my leg got gangrenous from my (totally unrelated) diabetes and had to be amputated, I knew it was my body telling me it was its natural size...

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
Really? Did you just fatshame my 4 year old's dadbod?
I will not apologize for ordering my child a third IPA.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

How The Food I Eat Has No Bearing on My Weight Whatsoever
And how other scientific facts do not apply to me and possibly you.

How to Appropriately Use Turd-Shaming As a Parenting Tool

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

An Uncredited Comic From Tumblr Explains The Dangers of Gendered Potty Training
Why telling your child to poop like a man can stunt their growth.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Parents use 'corrective rape' to 'straight'en gays

Does your child self rape? Help is on the way.
How masturbation isn't so natural

Methanar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 26, 2015

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Raped By My Fetus
One brave womyn speaks out on the horrors of carrying a male embryo to term

My Child Farts A Lot, And That's Okay
Little Jacelyinn has always been a bit different....

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Miso Horny
13 Japanese recipes that will kickstart that postpartum sex drive

"My GOD! They sucked his brains out!"
How Paul Verhoeven's iconic rendition of Heinlein's classic helped me cope with my 3rd tri termination

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Astrofig posted:

Raped By My Fetus
One brave womyn speaks out on the horrors of carrying a male embryo to term

Over the past 3 years, I have lost many friends, and several of my own family members have completely cut off communication with me. I now know that these are “adults” who just cannot handle the fact that I have the right to make choices, and that these choices ultimately hardly even affect them.

In the spring of 2012, I found out that I was pregnant. I had a good idea who the donator was, but money wasn’t really an issue, and I knew that I would be a good mother-like figure for the child by myself. I have always believed in the right for all women to have a choice in terminating their pregnancy, but when I confirmed the diagnosis about a month into into it, I decided that I WAS ready to have this child.

My journey has taken me to many different places fighting for women’s rights and carrying the banner of the Feminist Movement, even to the point of eschewing a career. One of the more prominent themes that I saw in these places was that men generally would look down on us, refuse to help us, or hardly even lend an ear so that we could air our grievances. This didn’t surprise me, the patriarchy has been well entrenched since the dawn of time, but here I was, here I am, ready to change it.

One of the more alarming incidents happened while I was on my way to San Francisco to participate in an Occupy Wall Street rally. I sat down in my seat on the plane, which happened to be extra full for that day, and a particularly well dressed man happened to be sitting in the seat beside me, in the aisle. After takeoff, he asked me what I was going to San Francisco for, while I generally wouldn’t talk to a man sitting next to me on an airplane, I told him I was going to the OWS rally.

The man literally scoffed when I spoke those words and leaned in and quietly said to me “B****** like you need to learn their place”. Stunned, I screamed “ASSAULT!” while other passengers looked at us, the woman across the aisle from him immediately told him to get away from me, but not 5 seconds passed before a flight attendant had rushed over to intervene. 

As I explained to the flight attendant what had happened and I demanded to move seats, I was told that there were only 2 other open seats available, both back in Economy.

*Trigger warning* – Extreme patriarchy

By this time, a male flight attendant was on the scene and I told him to have the man moved. The woman-hater just laughed as the flight attendant continued to press me on if he made any physical contact with me. For a moment, I contemplated bending the truth in order to get the woman-hater away from me. His words had violated both my feelings, and my trust, perhaps as much of a violation as actual physical touch. In the end, I confirmed that no physical contact was made, to which both flight attendants told me they couldn’t make him move.

I was flabbergasted, and then betrayed as they recommended that I move to one of the empty seats. This left me in tears. I knew the only way to get away was to move seats so I did so tearfully and having felt as though I had been verbally and emotionally raped.

By the time we landed, my outlook had changed, I could no longer depend on men to be an ally of the cause.

As spring turned into summer and my belly started to grow, my mind ran wild with the thoughts of teaching my daughter from a young age tolerance and feminist ideals. Choosing the right all-girls daycare, then elementary school, all so that she could grow up and thrive in an environment where women are told that they can do anything that they want to do. No man will be around to hurt her progress, no boys there to demean her or call her names.

I had already started buying gender neutral clothing since I did not want outside influences affecting what gender she would ultimately become. My research on nannies one day came to an abrupt end when my cell phone alarm went off – time for my 5 month appointment. These early appointments had gone well enough, my baby was progressing in a healthy manner.

Today, my doctor, who I will call “Sandy” did an ultrasound and everything appeared to be fine. “Would you like to know the gender?” Sandy asked. I thought to myself “That machine is an ultrasound, not a crystal ball, you couldn’t tell me the gender of my baby even if you wanted to”

“Sure” was my response.

“It’s a boy”…..

……

“What?” I managed to sputter. Sandy then showed me on the ultrasound how exactly my body had betrayed me even worse than the misogynistic suit jockey on the airplane so many months before. I was in shock, I started crying, weeping at the thought of what I was about to curse the world with.

On my way home, my driver asked if I was ok and if I needed anything. “JUST STOP RIGHT HERE” I yelled. Deciding to walk the 4 blocks back home. My home became my prison and my fetus became my warden the next 48 hours. Crying, sobbing, uncontrollable weeping, mental anguish the likes of which may only be experienced by those who have had their lives destroyed by war, I was a refugee, and my home was my refugee camp, an unfamiliar place that was just….sheltering me.

By the third day, I started regaining some of my mental strength and knew what I had to do. I couldn’t bring another monster into the world. We already have enough enemies as it is. It didn’t matter that I would be raising a son, he would still come into contact with boys, men, perhaps even the suit jockey who would inevitably twist his carefully constructed upbringing with their kindness. He would think “These men aren’t so bad, why would mom say that they are holding me down?”

Not all men are bad, my driver showed genuine concern for my well-being that day and I may have taken my anger out on him. That may have been uncalled for. But I knew what I had to do.

A few days later, I went in for the procedure, as it was fairly later in my pregnancy, I was aware there were certain risks, but it went off without a hitch. My body’s betrayal was no more, I was free, and for the first time since the airplane incident, I felt strong. I had done something positive, something that would actually make a difference, something good, even though as I would find out, many others wouldn’t see it that way.

Today, I have a beautiful 1 year old female who will hopefully grow up to be just as strong and driven as her mother. I have endured a lot regarding my first pregnancy, but I don’t care. Sometimes, even allies will turn on you, but I don’t care.

I stand by my decision to abort my baby because it was a male.

I don’t hate men, I hate the patriarchy, what men, and even some women, turn into, I wasn’t going to let that happen with my offspring. The chances were greater that it would with a male, it was unacceptable.

If the curse returns, I would do the exact same thing all over again.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Could you please link to the article you copy-pasted this from?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Command Ant posted:

Could you please link to the article you copy-pasted this from?
http://injusticestories.com/i-aborted-my-baby-because-it-was-a-boy/

Almost certainly not true.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
This Thing That Wasn't But Then It Was

When I first heard about this thing being not, I was mad but then I found out, it was.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

36 Reason My Parents Wanted Me to be a Professional Writer, but They've Disowned Me Since the Only Job I Could Get Was At Huffington Post
"Why couldn't you even do those little cartoons in the New Yorker?" my father began, one Thanksgiving. "I mean, it seems so easy."

One Million Reasons Why Paleo Diets Transform You Into a Horrible Neanderthal Mutant, Similar to the Movie Altered States
My boyfriend is a beta, so of course he latches onto dumb diet trends due to his pervasive insecurity and middling physical attractiveness...

This Opinion is Controversial, Because Taking an Uninformed Stance on an Issue Generates More Clicks
I'm manipulating your identity politics to polarize an issue that's as benign a subject as whether or not popsicles are a delicious treat enjoyed by many...

The Previous Opinion Was Actually Wrong, Thanks to the Comment Section Telling Me I'm a Useless Piece of poo poo
"of course a fat dum slob like urself would call popsicles microgressions [sic]," wrote user MacUser2014. "i hope a popsicle falls into your butt and you die lmao[sic]"

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 27, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
What I Learned About Love, Family and Fat Acceptance at The Gathering
But Kaiyden seems to have caught Hep C and dysentery from sharing a Faygo with a homeless man

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
The Unspeakable Torment That Is Motherhood
John you loving bastard, you did this to me...

Why I'm Not Upset, Just Very Disappointed
I'm not mad, I just don't understand why you keep being a failure of a husband and father...

This loving Family Ruined My Life

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I despise my size 2 16 year old daughter and why that's OK
Who does this b*tch think she is running around in size 2 mini skirts? The smallest I've ever been is a 10...

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

What American Politicians Could Learn From Listening to My Autistic Son
And why being a mother of an autistic son makes me informed as to the complexities of the current geopolitical state of the Middle East.

An Actually Well Thought Out and Compelling Article
That will sadly be lost in the myriad of dogshit uninformed clickbait that composes most of the stuff here.

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 27, 2015

Sparr
Jan 17, 2006

Start the New Year in Style, By Killing Your Child's Old Selves
2116 is fast approaching, and what better way to prepare your child for the harsh realities of tomorrow than deleting their past selves and forcing them to hyperlife in the Age of the Now?

Spineless: How My Son Fought Back Against Bullying
Once a byword for cowardice, I had my sons spine removed in an attempt to take back the insult and make it our rallying cry for brave-reduced children everywhere.

SHOCKING! Exclusive Interview With the Gene-Jack Who Spliced Kale and Poison Ivy, Slaying Millions
K'aiydd'jen Leaf Gwydollion started out life as any regular Indigo Child, but things took a dark turn when her parents forced her to eat Kale last Tuesday.

I'm Never Injecting My Offspring Into Harvard Medical School Again
I should have known after they rejected my darling Jekyll_Hyde's dissertation, but I attributed this to his 'terrible-two's'. Now I know better.

Spinelessness Just a Fad? Tell that to the Society of Invertebrate h-Mensa
Getting into h-Mensa, or hyperMensa for the Homo-Sapiens among you, is a feat in itself. Once my Child was Accepted, I knew what I had to do.

Remove Offensive Visual Noise By Uninstalling Your Child's Visual Cortex
I know what you're thinking; "ObaMaegayn, I've never uninstalled a brain sector in my life!" This Taco BellŪ Presents Youtube video will make you an expert.

Why I'll Never Regret Not Letting My Child Grow Up
Just because Dr. Pan-Pyotr is being tried in The Hague doesn't mean that keeping your child as a giant oblate ooblast is a source of shame.

Sparr fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 28, 2015

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Why fighting the swarms of Shyyrkaar soldiers is inherently misoginist.
Everyone knows the Shyyrkarr by now. All you have to do is check the security feed from your hab-dome and you can see them razing humankind to the ground. Even though Prime Chancellor Huntyr-zaiden M'batu called on all humanity to resist the invaders, I will not. Neither should you. Since the Shyyrkaar are similar to Earth's extinct bees, almost 99% of their species is female. As an ally, it would be disastrous to the cause to harm a woman.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Mods Knew: My Son Was Outed as a Pedophile
And How Cyber Bullying is Truly Something Awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Why Condemning Child Molestation Is The Ultimate Act Of Male Privilege
Ever since I read Lena Dunham's book, I realized that...

• Locked thread