Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
I'll eat at McD's again when they bring back the Arch Deluxe. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'll eat there again when they rename it to taco donald's and start serving jalapeno mcdouble cruchwrap burritos

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

a large trout posted:

when I was childe I had an irrational fear of getting stuck in the metal hamburglar thing

:getin:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Can I get a small one for my cock and balls?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I seem to recall the bottom part being a solid tube with a small hole for kids to get stuck and die in

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Leon Einstein posted:

I bit into a pus pocket on a mcchicken. It burst in my mouth and covered my tongue with infected and rancid pus. Some rear end in a top hat tried to tell me that's not possible, but it definitely happened.

They didn't leave it in the fryer long enough. Those patties come with grease in 'em that's supposed to spread evenly when "cooked," but it doesn't always work. If you were to say, microwave one of 'em you'll get the grossest sandwich imaginable.

At least, that's how the chicken patties worked around 2000ish. Perhaps they've changed it since then but I doubt it.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

it is a metaphor for interactions b/w civilians and police. very poignant

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I just went to McDonalds cus of this thread and not only were nuggets not on sale, my fries were crispy and overdone. 2/10

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nash Regex posted:

I'm told that they are testing all-day breakfast at two locations in CA. They don't want to pull that card until they are desperate to win the breakfast war with Yum! Foods.

We have it at the McDonalds here where I live in suburban AZ.

Too bad fastfood breakfast is always awful

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I donno man a steak egg cheese bagel no onions is pretty tight

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

a large trout posted:

I seem to recall the bottom part being a solid tube with a small hole for kids to get stuck and die in

Here is your old deathtrap version:

Officer Big Mac, policing some sort of post-collapse suburban hellscape

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I liked when my mom would buy me a happy meal and say "it's for a boy" so I would get a hot wheels instead of a barbie

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

tonite will be nothing but nightmares for me

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

quote:

McDonald's Corp.has agreed to pay the government $4 million in damages for failing to inform the Consumer Product Ssafety Commission of playground injuries at some of its restaurants.

The settlement resolves a dispute arising from enforcement of a 1995 Playground Equipment Reporting Agreement between McDonald's and the government. The cooperative agreement announced today also establishes important new playground facility reporting and safety guidelines.

The injuries involve the "Big Mac Climber," a metal platform resembling a hamburger, that is no longer in any McDonald's playgrounds.

According to CPSC, from the 1970s through the 1980s, more than 400 children were injured on Big Mac Climbers, mostly in falls, including nearly 20 who suffered concussions or skull fractures and 80 who suffered broken bones. Injuries declined significantly in the 1990s as McDonald's began removing the climbers. All the climbers have now been removed and scrapped.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"... and one happy meal."

"Is it for a boy or girl?"

"Xhe hasn't decided yet."

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Germstore posted:

you know some shitgoose has really said that too

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

I don't see any opening? Is it in back?

...Tell me kids didn't have to crawl up officer mcburger's rear end.

e:

McDonald's Corp.has agreed to pay the government $4 million in damages for failing to inform the Consumer Product Ssafety Commission of playground injuries at some of its restaurants.

The settlement resolves a dispute arising from enforcement of a 1995 Playground Equipment Reporting Agreement between McDonald's and the government. The cooperative agreement announced today also establishes important new playground facility reporting and safety guidelines.

The injuries involve the "Big Mac Climber," a metal platform resembling a hamburger, that is no longer in any McDonald's playgrounds.

According to CPSC, from the 1970s through the 1980s, more than 400 children were injured on Big Mac Climbers, mostly in falls, including nearly 20 who suffered concussions or skull fractures and 80 who suffered broken bones. Injuries declined significantly in the 1990s as McDonald's began removing the climbers. All the climbers have now been removed and scrapped.

Key-riced.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

Too bad fastfood breakfast is always awful

I think most people don't stand with us on this but I agree.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Germstore posted:

If anyone had said that to me back when I was a teenager and working at McDonald's, I would have just put in one of the special toddler toys.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

a dog from hell posted:

I think most people don't stand with us on this but I agree.

It's fast food or microwave for breakfast burritos here, and I'll be damned if I give up breakfast burritos.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

That's Mayor McCheese. Duh. I remember those. They were the best.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone mentioned it earlier but Arby's is even worse with their pricing now than McD's is, everything is expensive as poo poo. It's gotta be a front for something illegal at this point cause paying nearly $3 for their tiny roast beef jr. with cheese is insanity. I got my roommate and me food from there a month ago on a whim cause it's right down the street from us and it ended up being $20+ and I have no idea how the gently caress cause it was a pretty normal amount of food

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i won't spend more than $5 on a meal so i can't eat at arbys

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Downercut posted:

It's fast food or microwave for breakfast burritos here, and I'll be damned if I give up breakfast burritos.

Eggs, cheese, tortilla and jalapenos. For the price of a mcdonalds combo meal these days.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

a dog from hell posted:

Eggs, cheese, tortilla and jalapenos. For the price of a mcdonalds combo meal these days.

Well yeah, but I figured not being hosed to cook it every time was implied.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Phobic Nest posted:

I don't see any opening? Is it in back?

...Tell me kids didn't have to crawl up officer mcburger's rear end.

yes. there's a small round hole

it's made specifically for you to get stuck in and die

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's like a crab trap but for children.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

That's Mayor McCheese. Duh. I remember those. They were the best.

Mayor McCheese didn't have a sesame seed bun.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ahh so he was a smoothskin

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Excelzior posted:

Mayor McCheese didn't have a sesame seed bun.

You're right. I didn't know Officer Big Mac was a thing.
Edit: there are a ton of characters I don't remember.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I'm on the whiny bitch diet so no McDonald's for me

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

a large trout posted:

yes. there's a small round hole

it's made specifically for you to get stuck in and die

I forgot these existed, but I legit got stuck in one of these as a childe. It was in a town of like 200 people in rural SD and there wasn't a mac ds for like 100 miles.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yes

one of the problems of growing up in the deep south was that before you get stuck and die of starvation you get stuck on a hot day and get roasted alive

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

I just went to McDonalds cus of this thread and not only were nuggets not on sale, my fries were crispy and overdone. 2/10

the guy who was wrong about the nuggets should come back into this thread and apologize imo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

the guy who was wrong about the nuggets should come back into this thread and apologize imo

gently caress that

ban OP

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Aesop Poprock posted:

Agreed. Full price chick. nuggs are a drat crime.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
having to advertise "the new dollar menu and MORE" was really funny. usually the store manager wasn't on the headset, so if people asked what "more" there was, i'd just say "more money lol"

spidergoats
May 20, 2001

I heard screams coming from one of those and there wasn't a kid in the tube or in the burger. Pretty sure it digested the kid.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Taco bell fresco menu for the won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This thread has made the news!

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/17/investing/mcdonalds-franchisees-survey/index.html

quote:

CNN Money Reports:

Investing Guide
Not loving it: McDonald's franchisees are depressed
By Matt Egan @mattmegan5

It's a dark time to be a McDonald's franchisee.

Owners of McDonald's restaurants around the world are grappling with shrinking sales, slumping traffic and stiff competition from more exciting rivals that are serving up appetizing menus.

It's gotten so bad that McDonald's franchisees are worried about the food they serve and more pessimistic about their future than at any time over the past dozen years, according to a new survey conducted by Janney Capital analyst Mark Kalinowski.

Among other concerns, McDonald's franchisees expressed deep frustration with the top brass at McDonald's headquarters and their inability to improve and simplify the chain's complex menu.

"We may be doomed," one anonymous respondent said in the survey, which polled 29 domestic McDonald's franchisees, who own and operate over 200 restaurants.

Food fail: McDonald's faces a big challenge in trying to steal back market share from faster-growing brands like Chipotle (CMG), Chik-fil-A and Shake Shack (SHAK) that offer fresher and more thrilling food options. It's clear the playbook of the 1990s and early 2000s is simply not working anymore.

"There is nothing on the menu that excites our customers," one McDonald's franchisee said.

Another franchisee complained that management's intense focus on the Dollar Menu "made customers think we sold cheap, not real food."

McDonald's, which has more than 3,000 U.S. franchisees, knows it has deep problems. Steve Easterbook, who took over as CEO in late January, has promised to improve McDonald's food. He laid out a turnaround vision in May, saying the company will experiment with new sandwiches and changes to how customers order.

"The message is clear. We are not on our game," Easterbook said.

McDonald's did not respond to a request for comment on the survey results from CNNMoney.

Trust gap: Franchisees seem to have little faith in management. The survey showed that relations between the franchisees and the company tumbled to 1.45 on a scale of 1 to 5. That falls between "poor" and "fair" and is down from 2.1 over the history of the survey.

Several respondents complained that management is too focused on the short-term whims of Wall Street.

"They don't care about us, they care about shareholders!" one franchisee said.

But management hasn't done a good job of keeping McDonald's investors happy either though. Since topping out at nearly $104 in May 2014, McDonald's shares are down about 6%, trailing the broader market.

'Threat to survival' McDonald's franchisees are also concerned about going into debt to finance improvements encouraged by corporate management. They fear that they might be caught with low performing restaurants that nobody wants to buy from them.

"Everyone is worried that there are no longer any operators that can buy their stores. I suspect there will be a large number of fire sales," one franchisee said.

They also worry that minimum wage hikes around the U.S. are raising their costs at a time when sales are falling.

"The minimum wage issue is a major threat to the survival of the operator community," another franchisee said.

CNNMoney (New York) July 17, 2015: 8:37 AM ET

You scooped 'em!

• Locked thread