Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The David stuff is kind of out there but IIRC he did turn out to be kind of a crappy king by the end of his life.

Something I thought was kind of weird is how it seems like between seasons they decided that the whole Alex/Claire thing wasn't working and decided to break them up and just needed an excuse to get rid of the baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

The David stuff is kind of out there but IIRC he did turn out to be kind of a crappy king by the end of his life.

Something I thought was kind of weird is how it seems like between seasons they decided that the whole Alex/Claire thing wasn't working and decided to break them up and just needed an excuse to get rid of the baby.

It's not like Sergeant Tatoodork and President Supermodel was that great a couple to begin with.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm not the only one who thinks this show would be way better with just Gabriel and Michael as main characters, right?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'd totally watch a wacky sitcom about Michael and Gabriel slaughtering humans throughout history. And Simon Merrells.

(yes, you're totally right)

Speaking of David, Gabriel was acting like his father but was he actually his biological father? I vaguely remember something from the first season where Michael had just finished up with an orgy and worrying about what would happen if he got a human woman pregnant. He implied it wouldn't be pleasant.

The black guy with pyro powers is God right? Or maybe Satan?

And I'm pretty sure Arika is only in this season so we have some extra eye candy. So far she's done nothing but stand there and look hot while trying to play both sides.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 25, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angels and humans can totally have kids together, it's one of the reasons God did the whole Noah thing, there were too many Nephilim.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did we not see William die in season one?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Did we not see William die in season one?

On the third day he rose again

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Still needs more Gabriel/Michael and less Vega; although this new "Prophet" character that just showed up in that little bonfire town might draw more focus than Vega, now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well, poo poo finally got interesting.

The Prophet is Lucifer i.e the devil or whatever depending on what mythology they use

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

Well, poo poo finally got interesting.

The Prophet is Lucifer i.e the devil or whatever depending on what mythology they use

Yeah, this was a good episode. A lot of loose ends tied up, and some decent plot advancement.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I still want Vega to be destroyed utterly and completely before the season finale, though. Enough of that city, already.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why doesn't every lower angle posses a human like Julian/ricin? Seems like a better deal.

Also is Gabrielle possessed now or what's the deal with his eyes?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

"ALL CLEAR" *Immediately puts gun down on table*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I don't know what this show is about anymore but the bar burger looked amazing.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

etalian posted:

I don't know what this show is about anymore but the bar burger looked amazing.

It did holy poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why doesn't every lower angle posses a human like Julian/ricin? Seems like a better deal.

Also is Gabrielle possessed now or what's the deal with his eyes?

The difference seems to be that 8-Balls take by force while Dyads are a willing subject.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The difference seems to be that 8-Balls take by force while Dyads are a willing subject.

The only downside is the angelic side can take over the body completely in the right situation

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So I guess the whole point of introducing Lucifer was for a season 3 hook in the expectation of renewal. Otherwise at least Vega was destroyed because gently caress that place every Vega plot has done nothing but slow down the show.

The music and theme of the episode had a weird CW vibe to it, although given the quality of the big CW shows if someone crossed over and is working on Dominion then it can only be an improvement.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pentyne posted:

So I guess the whole point of introducing Lucifer was for a season 3 hook in the expectation of renewal. Otherwise at least Vega was destroyed because gently caress that place every Vega plot has done nothing but slow down the show.

The music and theme of the episode had a weird CW vibe to it, although given the quality of the big CW shows if someone crossed over and is working on Dominion then it can only be an improvement.

well after the recent episode looks like Vega got pretty much hosed and Gabriel still has his massive 8 ball army to mop up the survivors.

also appreciated how in tight jeans haven't gone out of fashion in the apocalypse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pentyne posted:

There are still two more episodes left so I imagine they'll pick things up before the end.

For the music thing, it's always weird when a show uses a song you know and they completely chop it up.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Not completely caught up yet so not reading the thread but I hope someone's posted a psyduck or two about how Whele's son somehow has a completely different accent after like 2 months of not being in Vega.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You assume that we were invested enough in the character to remember his accent in the first place.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Fair point. I only noticed because I was dumb enough to rewatch season 1 before the second started. It's so bizarre that I can't imagine someone on production didn't notice it but probably just threw their hands up and said who gives a poo poo.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Loving the angel melodrama, but who the hell made the casting decision on the Alex character? He's the least attractive, least charismatic romantic lead I've ever seen. Ditch that guy and have Princess Hairdo hook up with Michael and/or Arika.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 24, 2015

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think I've had it with this show because it's become tedious. There's plenty enough action in every episode but the whole thing just seems to move along at a glacial pace. The whole thing with Claire's baby is still confusing to me. I feel like the writers wanted to take that somewhere and then either decided, "gently caress it, we don't need the baby so let's get rid of it", or miracle of miracles, the baby is not really dead, which would be a horrible plot device. The idea that everyone in Vega slaughters each other or themselves but, the main characters all just had cathartic visions was pretty stupid.

I think the show needs to shift gears and show us how the people in India are just chillin, still operating call centers and enjoying the good life as devout Hindus and Sikhs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gabriel's emo hair is still the best part of this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Gabriel's emo hair is still the best part of this show.

The scene during the darkness vision where it was all standing up was hilarious.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Season finale tonight.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Already? Man has this been a disappointment of a season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Theme song for Season 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As always the angel part was supreme, the Vega part meh until the end :stonk: That was some Sodom and Gomorrah Game of Thrones poo poo for the last 20 minutes. This show can only be better because of that. I really like this show's depiction of Lucifer, even if we barely see him. Also, Michael not even hesitating to beg for Gabriel's life and instantly going towards murderous threads when that did not work was awesome too.

Too bad the rest of the season was mostly so dull, these few last episodes really picked it up. Hope they burn Vega down and salt the Earth

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I actually enjoyed this season quite a bit. Simon Merrells was great. I'm gonna have to go back and watch again but Noma went over to the dark side yes?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I actually enjoyed this season quite a bit. Simon Merrells was great. I'm gonna have to go back and watch again but Noma went over to the dark side yes?

lucifer gave her a offer she couldn't refuse

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Wait that episode was the season finale?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

One of the dark sides, anyway. This show has like twelve. That scene was magnificently creepy.

Really, how much worse could Lucifer be? He sounds like a swell guy, giving us knowledge and...well, all the other things, but I like the knowledge part. His brothers seem way worse, in past or present depending on the brother in question

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 3, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lucifer is a good guy just for stopping the 8-ball menace in any form.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

Lucifer is a good guy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hail Satan

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

I didn't mind it, but I also binged the middle episodes which were by far the most tedious/boring. The Delphi stuff was decent and yeah Simon Merrells was a great addition, but the Vega stuff without Alex there was just straight up a waste of time. All the dumb politics just emphasized how little thought went into that entire city/system, everything about that one dude was the worst, most cliche poo poo ever, the civil war arc could've been interesting but was ultimately awful and nonsensical, and Arika was a terrible character because somehow TV writers still don't understand that making a character whose only characteristic is being smug without making them funny or interesting is a terrible idea.

Actually looking forward to next season though. Alex+Michael+Gabriel in a burned down Vega vs literally Lucifer could be a fun arc. Just gotta hope they think of enough stuff to not have half a dozen episodes that focus on Alex ~falling in love~ again or something equally groan-worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did this already get picked up for a third season then?

• Locked thread