Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I like video games sometimes, but anime is the true thing in my life which cleanses my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
That's an anime girl alright, thank you for sharing it with us, friend. As someone who's not an expert on boat-girls, is she a kancolle from that ship game the kids talk about?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I usually play a human unless there's a catgirl option.

Don't you have any shame? People will clearly know you're a pervert if you pick the catgirl option. I bet you set the bust slider to max as well.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Davincie posted:

spend your money on plat for me, instead of rebuying your account

id also take archives

Same. Look how long we've been registered, I have naught an avatar to my name. I'm a poor gay baby who likes animes.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I love FF9 but wouldn't be able to play it today without emulator speedup.

Isn't this true of all JRPGs of this era? Chrono Cross' time shifter on NG+ was the best invention in existence. It's too bad no other game has used this clever idea since.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
FF9 has a lot of great things about it, and it's easily the FF which needs a remake and/or a proper modern port. Base game has so many issues, as already mentioned.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

I like shows with guns in them. I will take this suggestion.

Have you watched all shows with 'Gun' in their title? That helps.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

This was very well made and has a lot of effort put into it.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
My brother said Tatami Galaxy is unwatchable because the dialogue is faster than Stand Alone Complex, making the subs hard to keep up with. Then they flash a bunch of images all over the screen that you can't keep up with in combination with the subs.

I haven't seen the show yet myself, what is he doing wrong, anime chat thread?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Why has this become the witches thread? Oh well, whatever. Yes witches are cool and good.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Witches are good, but I feel we haven't covered the full spectrum of witches yet, there's still a greater depth we can go.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm not sure how much more my heart can take. Do you guys think that Strike Witches qualifies as witches? I personally think they're abominations and only witches by definition of being magic users.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I just started and caught up on the entirety of the Railgun manga in the past four days. It was pretty good, at least as far as you'd expect the Raildex universe to be. I expect it will be much better if it gets the next arc animated. There was an awful lot of bullshit powers and "HAH I WAS FAKING IT ALL ALONG" but it was still entertaining, so I guess that's what matters.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Cyberstalking is the next best thing to real stalking for people struggling with obesity. Back in my day, you'd physically stalk people.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I would ask that everyone consider bofa before anything else.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
We will never truly understand Wickedhate's intentions.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
It make me wonder why :crossange: didn't have wickedhate's name on it instead.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Which of these looks better?

#1 Looks better because it's a more focused shot.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I don't want to go into the thread for it cause of spoilers. Can anyone give me a non-spoiler reason why people are hype for Heaven's Feel being a movie? I haven't played the VNs, just watched Fate/Zero and UBW.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

like why do people want an adaptation, or why are they excited about a movie specifically?

the latter is because the route has lots of boring spots that would be trimmed down by necessity in a movie, and a handful of real good scenes that will go well with a movie budget

Yeah, that explains it, thanks thread. I had also heard that it's the darkest of the routes.

As for Charlotte, I love P.A. Works animation, and I like Maeda's stuff, but holy poo poo it needs to pick up soon. It's mildly entertaining at best, and those scenes with the MC's sister are the worst. This pizza sauce thing reminds me of the exact same gag in Kanon with the "jam", and even Kanon didn't beat it into the ground.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I wasn't aware they had contests to decide who has the best wet T-Shirt, weird.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Instead of watching anime, I'm watching SGDQ. But I plan to watch anime later, don't worry.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I was watching SGDQ earlier, and will watch it again later, but I'm not watching it right now.

You're not missing much, DKC3 doesn't seem to have progressed in a meaningful manner. It's basically a let's play.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Well SGDQ is really boring for the time being. Great time to finish up Cardcaptor Sakura. Been working on this for 3 months.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

This is art.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Perhaps an unpopular opinion... Madoka isn't good enough to be worth analyzing as crazy as some people do in that thread. It would be better if we had people doing this for LoGH instead.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Why did you edit out your correct ryuki opinion?

It was out of character.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Madoka is a good show, and you can write endless paragraphs about Shogun 2, and I can agree to not read any of them, deal?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I have not actually seen Mahouka past 6 eps or so. It couldn't hold my interest, but its reputation for being the most boring shlock poo poo has me intrigued.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I wonder how unreadable the LNs are. It just must be nothing but exposition and words. A lot of LNs are that already, but this must take it up to a whole new level.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Angel Beats! is fun, has high production values, and great music. But it doesn't hold up well to repeated viewings and you realize more and more how little story there actually is.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Supposedly someone dropped into the last thread and said the first volume of the VN is legit, and has more choice and consequence than any other VN out there. That's neat I guess, but I can't read Japanese well enough to know.

Either way, the game will probably take 2 years to be fully released, doing it in volumes. So we'll find out if it's any good then.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

something i recently learned about Fate/Stay/Night; it has an entire magical girl franchise spin-off. Like, video games, mangas, an anime, an entire magical girl franchise that spun-off from Fate;Staynight

Isn't that the anime that one with underage girls who make out with each other?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

littleorv posted:

Lol there was sex in the Fate/Stay Night VN

Isn't that practically a requirement for all VNs not made by Key? Even then Key has done it.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

sex in VNs is the reason why a VN thread is impossible

Analyzing the meaningfulness behind those H-Scenes, and "ironically" talking about them is what killed that thread. But it was a fun, slow motion trainwreck while it lasted.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Motto posted:

i'm always confused by the apparently extant group of people that will play a long-rear end VN with the sole motivation of seeing poorly written sex text over a single nude image

Because it's a girlfriend simulator for those who don't go outside

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
VNs are great tho. But some are very hard to get into initially, due to the slow pacing and initial deluge of exposition. The coolest thing about them, is the voice actors have no limit on how they read a line. For example, the Steins;Gate VN is better than the anime IMO, because it explains things the anime glosses over, and the really dramatic scenes have better performances.

Not having to worry about run time and episode number helps a lot. Unfortunately you can also get a lot of garbage when you don't have someone to tell you to move the story along faster.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I'm just saying, but unless you really hate the voice chosen from a character, you should never skip a VA's performance in a VN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Personally I think it's great that VNs are gaining some traction through kickstarter. When it was announced Muv-Luv was getting a kickstarter, I got way more excited than a nerd should, probably.

• Locked thread