Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For some reason the art style on the Bomberman Hero box immediately dredged up Jumping Flash in my memory, and I only played that game like twice, nearly two decades ago, but I remember it being rad.

Turns out it has a boss soundtrack, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW-0GSqb008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dude789 posted:

Chrono Trigger has a lot of great songs. World Revolution is my personal favorite.

World Revolution was great and I think better than the actual final boss theme.

Also the cooking singla dad manga that crunchyroll picked up is good and makes me both hungry and ashamed of my own lame due to laziness cooking. And I can't blame the high school girl for crushing on him, because I kind of am, too :blush:.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRFcMHia-Q

This is the best Fire Emblem battle music, just so you know. Mainly because it first plays when you have Lyn wrecking some rear end in a top hat to claim the throne.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

I've been playing more DMC4

Have you played Trish yet she owns.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Layton vs. Wright may not be the most beloved Ace Attorney game, but it does have a good Cornered theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYg0J2rE0Aw

And the slow version of Apollo's them in AA5 was the standout from that game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZgQKDZ3i0

AA5 made Apollo so drat good.

And while I'm thinking of Shu Takumi's games, just pretend I posted the entire Ghost Trick soundtrack.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm ready for multiple loving super smash brothers games to be at evo if that's what you're asking

Do they have rules this time that will make each round not last half an hour? Like whatever on the whole "Is smash a real fighting game" thing, but good lord do their rule choices make it an absolute slog to watch.

Still better than Marvel, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Allarion posted:

I'm surprised they don't put it on a timer. Though I guess you don't need a timer for one-on-one matches.

I think last year they had each round on an 8 minute timer, which was way too drat long. Not each set between players, but each round of the set.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that the rocket angels in red alert 3 own. It's too bad they're so far up the tech tree that by the time you can build them, you probably already have a ton of other units instead so an armada of women in flying suits is a distraction from your mecha-tengus, walking chickencopter mechs, giant mechs, and the telekinetic schoolgirl commando.

It goes on sale a bunch, and if you legit don't like RTS games, that's fine and chill and cool. I don't know if you can even play the co-op main campaign anymore or multiplayer at all since it used gamespy and that poo poo's dead as hell.

Rocket angels are still cool tho

That just makes me want a new Mechwarrior game. I miss the Timberwolf.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope someday JRPGs return to when they were generally well paced and not overly grindy or filled with extraneous poo poo. I don't want 80 hour Tales games or Persona's social links and whatever. Just give me a nice, tight 20 or so hour JRPG with some unique mechanics that don't overstay their welcome or need some guide for making god use of.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

so, never?

Super Mario RPG begs to differ.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Countblanc posted:

here's my hosed up gamer opinion, aside from single player games being trash more often than not:

skill systems suck, and non-linear games suck. interesting mechanical interactions come from limiting options, not from giving players free reign over them. tight class systems are a lot better for this than skill systems because designers know exactly what tools players will have access to and can make those skills have fleshed out and interesting mechanics. the quickest way to bore me is to give me 1000 options and have each one only slightly improve me. coincidentally this is why i cant get into Etrian Odyssey games, because having 30 skills that only go up by minor amounts every time i level them is ridiculous.

This is a correct and good opinion. Limiting players is a good thing, provided the options you limit them to are not set up such that one option is just clearly better than all others and thus boring, which is where many games fall short. Also yeah, incremental improvements suck. Players should be given a new thing, not a 5% better thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She has the best haircut, too.

Which reminds me that I really need to get a haircut.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 19, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't know what ASMR is :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afe58vHdJVk

Basically people getting really weird and fetishistic about pretty common sounds or voices.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Time for more CROWDS.

You will not be disappointed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it is time to get back to watching Michiko and Hatchin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything in Soul Eater after Arachne was downhill, I think. I was particularly annoyed by how the whole thing with Medusa ended, because she was a cool character with cool powers and relationships to the cast.

Also Soul Eater Not should have just stayed Soul Eater K-On. I recall them eventually injecting some plot into it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now that I think about it, are there any good Rune Factory/Harvest Moon-esque games for PC besides Recettear?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

.jpg can no longer be stopped.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I finished Gatchaman CROWDS. It's a really good anime, I'm excited to see where they take it with Insight. There's a lot of places it could go, and ideas to explore.

Insight is already incredible.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Just play it til you stop having fun, it turns in to some tedious poo poo once you try to A rank everything, especially the DLC adventure maps.

Some of more gimmicky characters/weapons feel especially like no one tested them on higher difficulty maps.

I think part of that might also be that damage scaling is really weird and seems to be basically a cliff between dealing zero damage and annihilating things instantly, at least in my experience.

But not everyone can be Cia.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I legit want Cia to be a continuing cameo in future Zelda games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I've played and beaten all of the handheld Zelda games, outside of the HD remakes. Of the console games, I've only beaten TP

TP gets more hate than it really deserves. I mean it definitely has its problems and isn't among the best Zelda games (though MM and WW are practically untouchable), but I think opinion on it mostly comes down to whether its atmosphere hits or misses for a given person. I think it's better to build an atmosphere that doesn't land for everyone (TP) than not really build one at all (SS).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am not searching for imouto paradise.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fujiko Mine has tig ol' bitties and a (so far) really cool and stylish show bearing her name.

Fujiko does what she wants to get what she wants, and that is to be respected.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The grand irony of Art is that making fun of how dumb Art is is in itself Art. There is no escape.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The cosplay thread in pyf is slow and sad.

Be the cosplay you want to see in the world.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I wonder if Okada is a fan of Twin Peaks.

Okada is certainly a fan of twin peaks, at any rate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yo did I see people poo poo talking Ghirahim? He is a very well designed character whose only flaw is that he is not bullshit on the level of some of the other characters. All of his combos are good for different things without a lot of redundancy rather than having one catch (nearly) all like Cia stomps or a bunch of useless moves (styling is not useless), and his character gimmick skill is powerful and fun to use. You just have to learn when you can style and when you should stop a little short. I think he is overall the best designed character in the game, it's just he gets overshadowed by the completely bonkers broken ones.

Fi I agree has problems.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

You can marry a witch in Rune Factory 3

You can marry Saber in Rune Factory 4.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

so who is Collectors aimed at

People who like good things.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

Instead of watching anime I am playing Bayonetta and sucking at it.

1 or 2? 2 is a lot more forgiving and easier for the average player (though really good players have reasonable complaints about its mechanics being too oversimplified and some kinda poor gameplay decisions). If you don't care about the rich narrative of the Bayonetta series I'd suggest starting with 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I did terribly at MtG today. Opened a lot of packs and made a lot of lovely decks, though, so it was fun. Makes me wanna read Wizard's Soul.

A couple years ago some friends and I all put in for a booster box (2013 core set, I think) and drafted from it on weekends for a few weeks, which was pretty fun even though I lost a lot because I'm bad at both MtG and drafting and none of my cunning plans ever worked. One of the packs in the box contained a Nicol Bolas followed immediately by a foil Nicol Bolas, which was funny.

Drafting in card games is fun. gently caress playing constructed.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 26, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crowds and Insight are cool and fun to watch without having to think too deeply about what it says about giving power to the masses or the cost of imprisoning an evil alien in your boobs, though you may think about such things if you like.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

I'm going to start submitting stuff in the thunderdome just so I can torment you.

My first story: A man is roped into a life or death mahjong game but, plot twist, the man doesn't know the rules.

Plot twist: Nobody who plays mahjong actually knows the rules.

E: gently caress! Beaten to the punch on the plot twist!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I played Splatoon too long and now I have to make an Anime Choice: first two eps of Diebuster or finish off Fujiko?

Finish off Fujiko. Diebuster should be experienced all in one sitting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I have decided on the secret third option, Non Non Biyori, because I have to wake up relatively early tomorrow to feed kittens, and it will be good to relax before going to bed a bit earlier.

Alas, I had such Anime Plans for the evening, but they have come to naught. Or rather, come to just a single boring episode.

Non Non Biyori is also a strong choice, but be warned! The horrifying monster in this episode might give you nightmares.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Cammy is the best Street Fighter girl.

Sorry, but Chun Li, R. Mika, Karin, and Makoto are all higher.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you do not consider Usopp the current best straw hat, you are wrong.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Long hair can be good, and short hair can be good. It's all about the styling.

Which reminds me that I really need to get my hair trimmed a bit this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Best Monster: The Snake Girl

Wrong.

• Locked thread