Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Berg Katze's VA is intense.

I can only hear an excited Taichi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Good god, littleorv

edit: let's make that image less stupid

How does one generate such a list?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Click on the number of posts in the thread list.

Oh, that easy. Thanks.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

The single contribution level is pretty impressive but the thread having over 19,000 posts is kinda blowing my mind. If it had stayed open for another day or two it could have beaten the Dragonball thread.

Good thing we killed it before it got too powerful. I don't know if the forums could have taken another .jpg post in there.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've heard Tragedy Looper is a good anime board game, but I've yet to have the opportunity to play it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dmboogie posted:

Need to step up my emptyquote game, so I too can become powerful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I could never get past the ships growing arms and punching each other.

That's the best part.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Makes me fear for the Beef Chief's ani-love.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I will read this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Hello new anime chat thread.

Today I watched Tari Tari

what the gently caress was that all about

Hey, I remember that one. It's... alright. The horse-riding girl was cool.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Macdoo posted:

New anime thread is a chance for me to make my astounding debut by recommending Takahashi-San is listening.

thankyouthankyounoneedforapplause

I read through this last night, actually. It's alright, but it could really benefit from a snappier translation. A lot of stuff just sounds really awkward, and I'm only able to get a good chunk of the jokes due to having watched approximately 3 metric shittons of anime.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.

Not getting into movies (Ghibli/Kon/Yuasa would make this terribly difficult) or OVAs (this lets me break the 3-way tie between FLCL and the last two on the list), and only the first three being ranked:
  1. Utena
  2. Madoka
  3. Gurren Lagann
  • Cardcaptor Sakura
  • Kaiba
  • Mushishi
  • Shirobako
  • Chihayafuru
  • Hikaru no Go
  • Katanagatari

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

WickedHate posted:

Kind of. Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game, but either A Link To The Past or Ocarina of Time is the best Zeldagame.

In my head you will forever be the kid who drew your old sonic av.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
At least half of why I love Big O is that it's just anime Batman the Animated Series with a giant robot and a robot maid.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

no it's not holy crap were you even watching

R D

R DOROTHY

Don't loving forget the tomatoes, or the Big Fau, or the...foreigners, and the angel....stage....thing....

Look Big O was great okay and it was not Batman in any way shape or form.

I don't deny that there's a lot more to it but you're kidding yourself if you think that Roger isn't anime Bruce Wayne. Rich, butler, mansion w/secret cave where he keeps his cool ride, friends with the honest head of the corrupt police....

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ping Pong has such a good soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiOhl6gRtg

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

The last episode of Katanagatari Shichika's vengeance fueled rampage against the shogun when he no longer has to obey Togame's rules about protecting the swords, protecting her, or protecting himself.
It is also :smithicide: as hell at the same time.

Ending of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

also this

Chihyaya taking a card from Shinobu

These are really good answers, and I claim them as my own.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Splatfest was cool, but I wish you could play ranked during it. Glad the right team won.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

That's not a boat at all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

Revolutionary Girl Utena is good right? I may have asked this already and forgot.

YES.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Honey-senpai is awful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Father and Son is far from the best single dad manga I've read, but it's pretty good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Everything Burrito, you should make the dad manga thread.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Husbando chat:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

I clicked the link in your av and a lot of the comments are saying that the art is bad :suicide:

Don't read youtube comments.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

arisu posted:

Over the last half week I watched both seasons of Log Horizon.

Should I continue to watch more anime?

...yes? is this a trick question?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Fujiko Mine has tig ol' bitties and a (so far) really cool and stylish show bearing her name.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hah, Goemon is smitten with Fujiko.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think I might be smitten with this OP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

I decided to re-read Onani Master Kurosawa today. I really wish that would get licensed somehow so that I could easily own a physical copy of it.

Also that manga's nearly ten years old now what the gently caress

I like the part where he beats off.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I tried reading it because a friend recommended it to me but I felt so goddamn uncomfortable reading it that I couldn't.

I mean, the same friend had recommended Steins;Gate to me so I'm sure that manga must be engaging but I just can't bring myself to read stuff that'll make me cringe.

It's really really good. It does a better job portraying personal growth than just about any other manga I can think of.

That said, I totally feel you on the cringe. It's worth it anyway, if you can stomach it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

alcharagia posted:

Unrelatedly, Eruna Ichinomiya from Mikagura School Suite is my hero and role model

She knows what she wants and enthusiastically pursues it. That's pretty admirable.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Happy birthday, Mr. Orv.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I definitely made some unfortunate DVD purchases in my youth. My standard way to discover new anime was to go to Fry's and buy whatever looked OK and wasn't too expensive. Also, I had bad taste.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Maburaho
Elfen Lied
Orphen S2
Love Hina OVAs
Steel Angel Kurumi
Sorcerer Hunters (this might be OK; I don't trust Past_Cantaloupe's taste, but I have no interest in rewatching it to find out)
Inuyasha movies
and probably a dozen or two other series that I figured out were poo poo after a disc or two.

I think all of this has long since been sold for pennies and shelf space to Half Price Books, except maybe for the Inuyasha movies, because I'm too much of a Takahashi fanboy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It seems we're at roughly the same point in Fujiko. I too will watch more tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Happy Birthday Nico Yazawa

• Locked thread