Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Why did Richard Clock throw the moron's wife out the window?

Because it reminded him Richard Clock's wife, the woman he was convicted of knife-raping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Had a two hour Norm compilation on at work Friday and i had to pause it and go for a walk when he started talking about his anti-Semitic puppet. I was getting looks.

Ol' Alec, the virulent anti-semite and enthusiastic holocaust denier?

I think you can hear Dennis Miller actually gasping for air from laughing so hard during that

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxdBUP8CULo

all of norm's 94-95 weekend updates 1 hour 45 min (audio only)

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

The thing that makes his roast of Saget golden is the time it took place in. Most everyone knew Saget from Full House as this clean and nerdy dude, then in 2005 The Aristocrats comes out and idiots were all blown away that Saget is a dirty gently caress. By 2008 when the roast happened it was so overplayed that when Norm just went Bob Hope on him, it worked perfectly.

the funny: you're ruining it

human being

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFjEvl43zYY

Norm owns

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

that is really moving, drat

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I've only caught snippets of his newest stuff, this this is hilarious too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXeHndHlZo

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

he talked about this on larry kings ora-tv thing, didn't plan any of it (except the stand up naturally), totally spontaneous declaration of love

norm owns

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Norm hosting the ESPN Awards in 1998, saving up for the greatest running gag at the very end to a mixed reaction of groans and embarrassed laughter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mhUIIhcTb8 I don't think people really remember how big he was getting and how many rich people he really pissed off when they were trying to give him "his shot"

Tom Snyder and Norm MacDonald on the Late Show while Dave was out for his surgery, I've heard this audio clip a dozen times, but I've never actually seen the accompanying video, which just makes it that much more funny. Bonus, see Norm do his Dave impression in front of Dave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaoaTPDSP70

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 25, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
From his appearance on Jimmy Fallon a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKARMsP-UQ

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Norm McDonald is the best.

Weekend Update was pure poo poo after SNL canned him and none of the hacks that have done it since are remotely as funny.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Boosted_C5 posted:

Weekend Update was pure poo poo after SNL canned him and none of the hacks that have done it since are remotely as funny.

Norm says this a lot, that weekend update is basically a stand up bit in the middle of a sketch show, so when you have people who are sketch and situation humor comics trying to do it as a sketch, it doesn't work as well.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Boosted_C5 posted:

I accidentally caught a little of I think last episode's weekend update and it was utterly toothless, boring, bland garbage delivered painfully blandly

Norm's weekend updates were incredible

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
just saw Norm's last appearance on Letterman and he tears up at the end and it got me in the feels, as the kids would say

i do love the Norm.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i just did this for another thread but i love norm so here

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Dogballs posted:

i just did this for another thread but i love norm so here

if u can shrink this down to av size for me and are also ok with me using it as an av ill buy you a forums upgrade or something. its glorious

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Orkin Mang posted:

if u can shrink this down to av size for me and are also ok with me using it as an av ill buy you a forums upgrade or something. its glorious

Well, that didn't take long.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

He was the best single anchor weekend update hands down. I still think Tina and Amy were a better weekend update though

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

vyst posted:

He was the best single anchor weekend update hands down. I still think Tina and Amy were a better weekend update though

Every joke being about how enlightened they are because they hate Republicans. How funny!

Norm wins all of it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Human Crouton posted:

Every joke being about how enlightened they are because they hate Republicans. How funny!

Norm wins all of it.

Yeah basically

I'm not trying to be edgy or whatever by saying this because I know it goes against Goon Consensus but I really don't find Tina Fey very funny

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah basically

I'm not trying to be edgy or whatever by saying this because I know it goes against Goon Consensus but I really don't find Tina Fey very funny

Tina Fey can be funny on the page and even in a sitcom role like she was in 30 Rock, but her SNL work was really bad. Amy Poehler was much funnier in her Upright Citizens Brigade days than she has been at any point since. Also, look at the turd they laid together, Baby Momma is loving awful.

On the other hand, Norm is always funny

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Norm is the only guy who can basically wink at the camera in a commercial for corporate fast food and still be charming.

Hi, I'm colonel Sanders. :shrug:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Had a Norm McDonald question at pub trivia last night :smugdog:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tina Fey can be funny on the page and even in a sitcom role like she was in 30 Rock, but her SNL work was really bad. Amy Poehler was much funnier in her Upright Citizens Brigade days than she has been at any point since. Also, look at the turd they laid together, Baby Momma is loving awful.

I agree almost completely. Amusingly, on this week's Last Comic Standing, Norm said as much: "there are comics whose agenda is to let the audience know how smart they are, rather than how funny they are."

But the Colonel Angus sketch will always be hilarious.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
https://www.periscope.tv/w/aLAEgTExOTcxNzQ1fDF2QXhSbk1XUGVYeGyw8bCSibt3DDP_nRYjvSRTfiTOQtL8LrmFbxo9dpa_Vw==

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

everybody watch this right now

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

is norm okay

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I think he's tired

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

everybody watch this right now

code:
Ended one hour ago
Untitled

Norm MacDonald

Get the app. 
It's worth it we promise. 

Amazing wow holy gee

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

holy poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 28, 2015

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Norm is really knowledgeable about the history of comedy and he's said that basically the only original things he's ever seen in his life are the early Letterman shows, Howard Stern, SNL, and Sam Kinison, so his adoration doesn't surprise me

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Am I watching Norm's suicide note?

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
I believe Norm 100% when he says he doesn't use drugs and alcohol and imagine that's the combination of a sleeping aid and anxiety medication or something. Either that or this is just a bit as Norm finds old men/oldness a very funny concept. I mean he fell asleep midway through, for Christ's sake.

It's nearly impossible to tell when he is being sincere. A man this funny is bound to be extremely weird and I love him all the more for it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't like Robin Williams at all so when he killed himself I didn't care but I will care a little bit when Norm eventually kills himself.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
norm doesn't strike me as a guy who would off himself for some reason

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Norm doesn't really put all of himself out there looking for love and approval. More than anything else, he loves comedy and stand-up. What you see really is a persona, and Norm seems pretty comfortable with himself and his life. I don't think he could stand in front of the ESPYs and put so many of the people in the audience on blast and close with a massive OJ joke if he wasn't. I don't think he could still be so uncompromising after pissing off so many people in the entertainment industry to the point he has if he wasn't comfortable with who he is.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

My Q-Face posted:

Norm doesn't really put all of himself out there looking for love and approval. More than anything else, he loves comedy and stand-up. What you see really is a persona, and Norm seems pretty comfortable with himself and his life. I don't think he could stand in front of the ESPYs and put so many of the people in the audience on blast and close with a massive OJ joke if he wasn't. I don't think he could still be so uncompromising after pissing off so many people in the entertainment industry to the point he has if he wasn't comfortable with who he is.

Even though I agree with you, your conclusion doesn't follow. Axl Rose.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Norm is a serious comic, so obviously he's gonna set himself on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone Norm's age and younger is going to kill themselves rather than face a natural death, it's just how it's going to be from here on out.

• Locked thread