Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Stupid rear end in a top hat Program!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

Stupid rear end in a top hat Program!!!!

ERP... more like BAD-RP

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
:gas:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thread title / username combo

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
se habla espanol, op?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

we should put this thread in the baņo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

yeah, i guess you could say that SAP is...

MAD WACK!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thought this thread was a typo about SAS

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bump_fn posted:

thought this thread was a typo about SAS

Also bad

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

a large company could spend less money and get better results hiring thousands of people to push around carts full of punchcards compared to the eventual total costs involved in implementing SAP into existing operations confirm/deny?

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
every time there's a thread about SAP i go look it up on wikipedia to try and figure out what the gently caress it does and every time i end up no wiser

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

every time there's a thread about SAP i go look it up on wikipedia to try and figure out what the gently caress it does and every time i end up no wiser

it's like php for business programs

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Tiny Bug Child posted:

same. once you lay on the business-speak thick enough then its just mirrors reflecting in mirrors and impossible for any human being to parse

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tiny Bug Child posted:

if you spend enough money on consultants it can do anything

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
as best i can tell it's like excel, but with a bunch of premade spreadsheets for Business poo poo, and you can pay consultants inordinate amounts of money to make you new spreadsheets, and it has a database layer baked in for some reason

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you dont understand the purpose of erp?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
sap is the software equivalent of quantum flux

pram
Jun 10, 2001
erp and scm are applied cybernetics

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

mishaq posted:

a large company could spend less money and get better results hiring thousands of people to push around carts full of punchcards compared to the eventual total costs involved in implementing SAP into existing operations confirm/deny?

i would confirm, but i need 22 sequential approvals before i can say or do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"ERP" is the sound you make when you see the pricetag

• Locked thread