Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Lol my grandpa skipped vespers for this. He's a Cardinals fan, so maybe God is punishing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shadowvine118 posted:

Lol my grandpa skipped vespers for this. He's a Cardinals fan, so maybe God is punishing him.

to be fair all cardinals fans should be punished

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, this'll be two ABs in a row that Molina can't ruin with a GIDP. That's got to count for something.

Good thing we burned Martinez for this.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Coggy! :woop:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Well, at least it's loving over. Finally.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good job mets lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the mets never lose to the cardinals when it goes at least 18 innings

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Raining pretty hard right now, boo rain delay, hurray putting off dying of thirst just a bit longer.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Vertical Lime posted:

the mets never lose to the cardinals when it goes at least 18 innings

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN197409110.shtml

:colbert:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

tarlibone posted:

Well, at least it's loving over. Finally.

This was great because it's still :lol: Mets, but also gently caress The Cardinals.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Come the gently caress on, Cubs.

e: There we go. Cubs win! :dance:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
First rain delay in 4 years, haven't had a rain out in 20 years is what ESPN said. Rain expected until 7:15pm. Could do a double header tomorrow since its a 4 game wrap-around series.

If this was a regular Sunday game it could have been played no problem, loving EPSN. Angels two SNB games were vs Yankees and BoSox this year.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
What the gently caress is it about the Mets and Cardinals that makes them play these crazy long games the past few years?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its the top of the 10th in the Pan Am Games gold medal game between Canada and the USA. Apparently, in extra innings you get to put any two runners on first and second to start the inning and start anywhere in the batting order.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Retail Slave posted:

What the gently caress is it about the Mets and Cardinals that makes them play these crazy long games the past few years?

I don't know, but at least we got this gem out of it. Kyle Lohse in left field?? Oh yeah, and he got a putout, probably the first fly ball he's fielded since he was 12 years old. And La Russa replacing one position player pitcher with another to get the matchup he liked? As one of the mods of this board has correctly said, this was easily the most La Russa moment ever.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

a bunt strikeout in this stupid pan am game gimmick extra innings thing

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is this boston-anaheim game happening?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

David Huff in for the save!

Pete Orr up at the dish!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Abel Wingnut posted:

is this boston-anaheim game happening?

Brother and I were out playing catch in the park and the rain was pretty much over for the last hour it seemed. Occasional sprinkling is about it. I think they're trying to squeegee the outfield grass where puddles grew. Otherwise it'll be like that punt in the NFL where the ball just stuck straight in the ground instead of bouncing.

I think 8pm is the earliest it'd start though if they get the tarp off the field.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Boo, game postponed. Will play at 2 and 7 tomorrow.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Angels good, Red Sox bad.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

holy poo poo this boston pitcher lol

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Everyone hits!

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I was hoping the Red Sox would have a longer scoreless streak than Greinke

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Jesus, Santiago isn't gonna make it through 5 innings to get a win no matter how many runs the Angels score.

Its an absolutely miserable day to be laboring through innings. Crazy humidity.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
New game day thread!

• Locked thread