Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Add each other to friends anyway, the join button is bigger and you also gain mastery XP from friending people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I wish you guys had a Slack rather than IRC... Well in case anyone is interested I created a Slack Channel. http://trovegoons.slack.com

PM me your emails for invites or post here.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Arsonide posted:

The names in yellow have been getting periodic invites, it's just a matter of catching you online. I'm stuck in queue right now, but I think there are some officers in game right now.

alright, i'll be on in about 5 hours

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I started a tomb raiser yesterday and I love the knock back stat on him. I can't tell yet because the attack speed on him is so high but I think knock back transfers to your skellys. Which is a funny visual of undead midgets pushing around giant bosses like "oi, back off nerd!"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Got a rare digging pet in my daily chest yay! If you dig down far enough there are enemies and stuff.

Also just got invited to the guild said hi then the game crashed :saddowns:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
30 minute Queue time... you would think a game like this would have better servers...

Octave
Jan 9, 2008
I decided to play this a little in the weekend. Fun so far but I can imagine it runs out of depth pretty fast.

I'll be on the euro server again as Octave when the queue will let me.

Tempus Thales posted:

I wish you guys had a Slack rather than IRC... Well in case anyone is interested I created a Slack Channel. http://trovegoons.slack.com

Good idea with slack - : octave at storyvale.com .

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, the gunner is awful. I should have used my cubits for Shadow Hunter or Candy Barbarian. :saddowns:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Tempus Thales posted:

30 minute Queue time... you would think a game like this would have better servers...

It's been at estimated wait 17 minutes for the past 20 minutes. They really should increase capacity...

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
The queue just says "more than 30 minutes" now. Dammit.

Tempus Thales posted:

I have no idea what Slack is but sure, what the hell. m2pt5@m2pt5.com

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

poptart_fairy posted:

Ugh, the gunner is awful. I should have used my cubits for Shadow Hunter or Candy Barbarian. :saddowns:

This is how I feel too.

Edit: I've been sitting at 14 minutes for 45 minutes.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 19, 2015

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Faerie is super fun to play and fabulous too.

Are there any good resources for this game yet? I want to know what stats I should get (beyond jump and lazer :getin:)

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology
I wouldn't mind a slack invite.

And, got it. Thanks!

Doc Aquatic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 19, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Finally in if someone can toss me an invite.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So I think that the reason you are getting a 14min projection and staying there for 40min is because the time projection is based on your place in line and people aren't loging off so the line doesn't move but it doesn't change the time shown to you. 20th - 60th in line is shown as 14min rather than X number in line.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Apparently the remedy to people complaining about long queue times is to not actually show the projected time if it's over 30 minutes.

loving classy, Trion.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Up til here everyone that has requested a slack invite has been invited.

Also could someone add the Slack info to the OP?

http://trovegoons.slack.com

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Being able to plonk down your little custom crafting base at a moment's notice is a great idea that other games should rip off.

Bwank
Nov 12, 2007

GUYS I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL HERE. WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING A FUSS OVER THIS????
:derp: :derp: :derp:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Being able to plonk down your little custom crafting base at a moment's notice is a great idea that other games should rip off.

Do we have any idea how high (or deep) we can build cornerstones to be? Can our dongs be so tall so as to poke god himself in the eye???

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bwank posted:

Do we have any idea how high (or deep) we can build cornerstones to be? Can our dongs be so tall so as to poke god himself in the eye???

I'm sure there's a limit, but I've seen some pretty tall ones.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Bwank posted:

I think it's 50 down and 150 up, but don't quote me on that.

I've updated the OP with images hosted on a reliable source that won't resize them seemingly at random, and converted them all to a standard size and format. Tonight I'll go over the post and add more information to the classes and update some of the information. Killer of Lawyers do you mind if I add the Gooncaves Teamspeak to the OP?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This is so far really fun. Is there any reason not to just unlock a ton of classes with that currency I get from the tutorial quests?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Candy Barbarian is incredibly good if you want to solo content. Only gets dicey when you're facing a bunch of ranged enemies that try to play keep-away, but the AI doesn't tend to be good enough to do that well.

EDIT: I feel like a lot of the dungeons were designed with no regard for where the camera is supposed to go. Lots of having to bounce up and whip around awkwardly to see what the hell's happening. Feels...amateurish. Are these dungeons all player-generated?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Rocketlex posted:

Candy Barbarian is incredibly good if you want to solo content. Only gets dicey when you're facing a bunch of ranged enemies that try to play keep-away, but the AI doesn't tend to be good enough to do that well.

EDIT: I feel like a lot of the dungeons were designed with no regard for where the camera is supposed to go. Lots of having to bounce up and whip around awkwardly to see what the hell's happening. Feels...amateurish. Are these dungeons all player-generated?

Someone told me yesterday that most are player-generated with moderation and guidance from the dev team. Like, you can't make a dungeon that looks like a dick.

Also yeah, Candy Barbarian owns for soloing stuff. Get a Zealous Emblem to make sure your energy never runs out and just spin to win.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

The Jumpoff posted:

Someone told me yesterday that most are player-generated with moderation and guidance from the dev team. Like, you can't make a dungeon that looks like a dick.

Yeah, a lot of the dungeons feel like those "challenge maps" people make for Minecraft.

I just started playing, but how do you get to the point where you can create and submit maps/items? A lack of dungeon variety is also an issue and I'm wondering if it's because not enough people are high enough level yet.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just spent two hours strip mining mountains for orange primal blocks so I could make fences and windows. :suicide:

Still it's a pretty neat little game. Going to see if it can pull my niece away from Minecraft. and then she can mine orange blocks for me

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Just spent two hours strip mining mountains for orange primal blocks so I could make fences and windows. :suicide:

Still it's a pretty neat little game. Going to see if it can pull my niece away from Minecraft. and then she can mine orange blocks for me

You need to be shown how to use bombs.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

mrwuss posted:

Blast mining is the loving best thing, especially that you can blast into (and out of) dungeons.

Bwank
Nov 12, 2007

GUYS I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL HERE. WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING A FUSS OVER THIS????
:derp: :derp: :derp:

m2pt5 posted:

Blast mining is the loving best thing, especially that you can blast into (and out of) dungeons.

Seriously. It's pretty rad kool-ade manning your way through the roof just as some poor schlub kills the dungeon boss and hoovering up loot without any of that "actually doing the dungeon" crap.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

mrwuss posted:

You assume I wasn't. Look, I had a lot of primal orange to collect OK.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Bwank posted:

Seriously. It's pretty rad kool-ade manning your way through the roof just as some poor schlub kills the dungeon boss and hoovering up loot without any of that "actually doing the dungeon" crap.

One side effect I can point out of blast mining is you get a metric fuckton of primal grey blocks, plus a bunch of many other colors.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Due to several accidental bombings we've decided to stick to a handful of architects in the club world. If you have some sort of creative talent and want to build towers and stuff in there, just let us know here on the thread and we'll get you hooked up with architect status to build whatever you want.

There are large swathes of undeveloped space in the club world now, as we spent most of the day terraforming. We now have a large amount of green space in the center, and small neon city, candyland, and volcanic biomes on the edges, that we plan on growing a bit in the future. There's a hollowed out volcano cave in the volcanic biome that could really use some Doctor Doom stuff in it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is a fun little game and reminds me a lot of a really polished minecraft mod. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I just started as a Trickster. In game name is 'ninb'

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
This really is a well made game. Its great for having something to do while listening to podcasts. I'm working my way toward unlocking the Tomb Raiser and getting distracted building my house. I just added my info to the spreadsheet.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Arsonide posted:

I think it's 50 down and 150 up, but don't quote me on that.

I've updated the OP with images hosted on a reliable source that won't resize them seemingly at random, and converted them all to a standard size and format. Tonight I'll go over the post and add more information to the classes and update some of the information. Killer of Lawyers do you mind if I add the Gooncaves Teamspeak to the OP?

Sure, knock yourself out.

edit: As for player content, I don't think you even have to play the game to submit. Knock yourselves out, there's guidelines on their forums and an entire reddit for items and weapons.

Killer-of-Lawyers fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 20, 2015

Damone
May 3, 2009

Arsonide posted:

Due to several accidental bombings we've decided to stick to a handful of architects in the club world. If you have some sort of creative talent and want to build towers and stuff in there, just let us know here on the thread and we'll get you hooked up with architect status to build whatever you want.

There are large swathes of undeveloped space in the club world now, as we spent most of the day terraforming. We now have a large amount of green space in the center, and small neon city, candyland, and volcanic biomes on the edges, that we plan on growing a bit in the future. There's a hollowed out volcano cave in the volcanic biome that could really use some Doctor Doom stuff in it.

I would like to set up a garden for myself and possibly start on a rail system that goes throughout the clubworld just because there's not enough Magrider action in the normal worlds.

Ellieanna
Jul 16, 2014
Also, if you are given building abilities, don't touch other people's stuff. Someone (think it was Ambaire) planted a garden, and then someone else took all the stuff.

That wasn't yours to take without asking first.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So yeah, I'm definitely enjoying this more than I did Minecraft. I've sunk a silly amount of time into building my house - got a basement pool, a sub-basement portal area and a fancy glass roof :haw: - and remarkably less in the PVE side of things. I'm fighting and exploring so I can get cosmetic stuff through crafting, not really too fussed about my actual level. Pity you can't level through building but oh well.

Not going to say it's better than Minecraft, they're obviously doing different things, but the focus on RPG stuff has given me a focus I thought was missing otherwise. Minecraft made me freeze up a lot because I really had no idea what to do with all that freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ellieanna posted:

Also, if you are given building abilities, don't touch other people's stuff. Someone (think it was Ambaire) planted a garden, and then someone else took all the stuff.

That wasn't yours to take without asking first.

Yeah, that was mine. I planted about 100 compost and the same of ash and when I came back later to get it, it was all gone. Well, I'm making a tiered garden in my cornerstone so that won't be an issue again, but if whoever did harvest it would please fess up and give it back, I'd be grateful.

Edit: On further examination, it appears someone did not harvest my crops; I'm experiencing an issue where ready-to-harvest crops become completely invisible to me. For all types of crops. Any idea why this is happening? I have this problem with sunlight bulbs too.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 20, 2015

• Locked thread