Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

They invented buffalo wings. Do British people even use hot sauce?

whats hot sauce? all we have here is vinegar and tomato sauce

how whacky!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

hemale in pain posted:

how whacky!!!

pretty sure he means vindaloo

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

don't forget brown sauce

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazy Ted posted:

don't forget brown sauce

And Reggae Reggae sauce.....goddamn I love that man for inventing/stealing that!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Okay guys, we have a shared heritage, we speak the same language. We gotta get along. So what if almost all of the UK's native food is bland mcnasty. Americans don't really have native food and mostly just appropriated/slightly changed ethnic dishes that are definitely way the gently caress better than anything you will ever get in the UK save maybe indian food and kebabs.

That's bad, sure. They also have that thing where they say the wrong words and their slang is garbage. Fine.

But they're mostly irrelevant trying to keep to themselves and run their lovely nightmare island, whereas the united states alternates between merely domineering and imposing all over the world to actively crazy and dangerous on a pretty accurate 4/8 year cycle, which is maybe worse. Lets find some middle ground here.

Americans also have corn and most corn dishes are as bland as anything a Londoner could serve me from his/her family cookbook. We're not innocent here.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hemophilia posted:

Okay guys, we have a shared heritage, we speak the same language. We gotta get along. So what if almost all of the UK's native food is bland mcnasty. Americans don't really have native food and mostly just appropriated/slightly changed ethnic dishes that are definitely way the gently caress better than anything you will ever get in the UK save maybe indian food and kebabs.

They don't have native food from white people but that's because white people aren't native to the US.

It's kinda hard to argue that Mexican food isn't native food, at least any less than how potatoes are a native food of [anywhere in the Eastern Hemisphere].

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

In our ongoing effort to depopulate Scotland, one plucky chip shop owner will wrap a big mac in 1lb of donner kebab meat, batter and deep fry it. 2000 calories and 16g of salt.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fumble posted:

In our ongoing effort to depopulate Scotland, one plucky chip shop owner will wrap a big mac in 1lb of donner kebab meat, batter and deep fry it. 2000 calories and 16g of salt.

I would eat that. Substitute the big mac with some imported whataburgers though

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

I will fight you, the international section at Kroger is the only thing that prevents my imminent suicide due to the poor quality of US confections and biscuits.

But yes obviously if we only ate canned and dry goods it would be quite sad, why don't they import the fresh meat, vegetables and fruit from Britain and put it in the British isle as well??? Hmmm I just don't know

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I will fight you, the international section at Kroger is the only thing that prevents my imminent suicide due to the poor quality of US confections and biscuits.

But yes obviously if we only ate canned and dry goods it would be quite sad, why don't they import the fresh meat, vegetables and fruit from Britain and put it in the British isle as well??? Hmmm I just don't know

idiot

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there even cows in england or are they called something else like boopsie doos

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
there are too many cows you can have some if youd like

i will trade you for some sheep theyre woolier and less scary

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i grew up adjacent to a bunch of cow foelds so i prefer my cows in meat form so they cant talk back to me. do cows across the pond moo with an accent

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Is it true that British markets carry extra mild taco sauce?

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
Anybody have that clip from An Idiot Abroad where Karl Pilkington tries to get some African tribal kings to eat beans on toast?

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Egbert Souse posted:

Is it true that British markets carry extra mild taco sauce?

That's the American midwest.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Enfield posted:

i grew up adjacent to a bunch of cow foelds so i prefer my cows in meat form so they cant talk back to me. do cows across the pond moo with an accent
cows smell terrible. in every respect but eating them i really hate cows. they may well moo with an accent but i havent seen any studies

Borneo Jimmy posted:

That's the American midwest.
its both

ive never seen anyone buy it though and god willing i never will

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Enfield posted:

no but they do seem to enjoy small jazz ensembles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 20, 2015

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

comes along bort posted:

no but they do seem to enjoy small jazz ensembles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI

I'm the old man at the end who shoves the clarinet player around to snap a picture.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

hemale in pain posted:

how whacky!!!

Here in the United States of America, or as you foreigners may know it, the "Colonies" and/or "The Rodeo Zone", we have a wide variety of spicy pepper-based sauces, which typically are marketed based on what they will do to your anus on the way back out. We put them on basically everything, with some variation depending on region.

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 20, 2015

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

deadly_pudding posted:

Here in the United States of America, or as you foreigners may know it, the "Colonies" and/or "The Rodeo Zone", we have a wide variety of spicy pepper-based sauces, which typically are marketed based on what they will do to your anus on the way back out. We put them on basically everything, with some variation depending on region.

violence without beauty

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

What is it with the British and stupid sad face newspaper portraits?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That's 'Daily Mail Sad Face' and it's as inexplicable and hilarious to us as it is to you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably more so, actually, because we're better than foreigners

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if we could vote to get rid of the tabloid readers i would

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
can we turn the uk into big brother we've already got the cameras everywhere and im sure we can get people on board with voting people out

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
British baked beans are pretty terrible, however a teaspoon or 2 of Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp and they are actually decent. Once again the tragedy that is British food gets bailed out by Asia.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

XMNN posted:

can we turn the uk into big brother we've already got the cameras everywhere and im sure we can get people on board with voting people out

They're already making piracy a harsher crime than rape or murder.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont know how your pirating but if it doesnt include rape and murder im not getting on your ship :yarr:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hobohemian posted:

British baked beans are pretty terrible, however a teaspoon or 2 of Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp and they are actually decent. Once again the tragedy that is British food gets bailed out by Asia.

why the gently caress would you make baked beans spicy

nuke asia/america

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
British baked beans taste like they're cooked in ketchup.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

I have some bovril here in the colonies. I have to admit, it is somewhat nice on a lovely cold day. Also, I am 78 years old.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

circ dick soleil posted:

British baked beans taste like they're cooked in ketchup.

yeah they have

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The trick with 'British food' is that there really is no such thing in this day and age, and if you live in an exciting part of Britain (read: London) then you have access to the best of every type of cuisine from anywhere around the world. For example; within ten minute's walk from me there's a whole street were you can get the best Pho outside Hanoi, or five minutes beyond that, the best kebabs outside Istanbul. Five minutes the other way gets you a better salt beef bagel than any deli in New York.

And I daresay our BBQ and burger joints (we've got a lot of them) could give the better places in America a run for their money.

Also lol at OP casting aspersions because of an aisle for specific nostalgic childrens food. We've got "American' aisles full of Kraft Dinner and jars of Fluff, so I guess that's all you guzzle down, right?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Matinee posted:

The trick with 'British food' is that there really is no such thing in this day and age, and if you live in an exciting part of Britain (read: London) then you have access to the best of every type of cuisine from anywhere around the world. For example; within ten minute's walk from me there's a whole street were you can get the best Pho outside Hanoi, or five minutes beyond that, the best kebabs outside Istanbul. Five minutes the other way gets you a better salt beef bagel than any deli in New York.

And I daresay our BBQ and burger joints (we've got a lot of them) could give the better places in America a run for their money.

Also lol at OP casting aspersions because of an aisle for specific nostalgic childrens food. We've got "American' aisles full of Kraft Dinner and jars of Fluff, so I guess that's all you guzzle down, right?

its funny you think your imitation london food compares to the real deal and i bet a plano tx [read: a suburban hellscape] pho restaraunt is better than yours

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

hemophilia posted:

its funny you think your imitation london food compares to the real deal and i bet a plano tx [read: a suburban hellscape] pho restaraunt is better than yours

That's a distinct possibility, but highly unlikely. But the best part is, I don't need to live in a suburban hellscape.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The British are pathetic creatures who have no idea how to cook anything, who buy even the simplest meals pre-packaged, and who consider it a major effort to thaw a bag of frozen vegetables Most degenerated Britons couldn't even get their dailyy meal without an immigrant working a take away slavery place - calling the take away number counts for cooking the dinner. They are so retarded most of them have to buy wrapped fruit bits because they have no idea how to eat fruits without any plastic, also what the gently caress does an apple look like before it's sliced by the industrial cutting device?

I suppose the Americans are no better, but the British are literally sub-human scum when it comes to food, ans they are just a generatipon away from being replaced by the keen Polish immigrants.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

hemophilia posted:

That's bad, sure. They also have that thing where they say the wrong words and their slang is garbage. Fine.

But they're mostly irrelevant trying to keep to themselves and run their lovely nightmare island, whereas the united states alternates between merely domineering and imposing all over the world to actively crazy and dangerous on a pretty accurate 4/8 year cycle, which is maybe worse. Lets find some middle ground here.
Well now they do. You may have heard of the British Empire, it was like the modern US but actually competent at killing brown people. Guess they got it out of their system.

quote:

Americans also have corn and most corn dishes are as bland as anything a Londoner could serve me from his/her family cookbook. We're not innocent here.
True dat. And midwestern "real americans" have all thier casserole poo poo that's as bad or worse than any british food.

I guess the truth is WASPs have the worst food no matter what side of the ocean they're on. The english had to go conquer half the world to steal their spices and recipes. America had to reluctantly allow a bunch of immigrants to come open restaurants, because we're too lazy to even cook for ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Weldon Pemberton posted:

why don't they import the fresh meat, vegetables and fruit from Britain and put it in the British isle as well???

They do :v:

• Locked thread