Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Alder posted:

Anyone else finding that the main site is dead? I saw a bunch of complaint threads but otherwise business as usual.
Vindictus's Twitter account says they're working on the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just checked out the latest update and the launcher... is not bad? I had the direct launch forever but I do like how I don't have to keep typing info in each time.

Although, I only have 1 acc so not sure if it's *that* bad with alts or not.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

I just checked out the latest update and the launcher... is not bad? I had the direct launch forever but I do like how I don't have to keep typing info in each time.

Although, I only have 1 acc so not sure if it's *that* bad with alts or not.
You don't use a password manager with auto-type?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

You don't use a password manager with auto-type?

It doesn't work with Vin :(

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Just lol if u don't have a 30+ character password that u type every time.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

Just lol if u don't have a 30+ character password that u type every time.

Eh, you don't consider your NX acc to be :10bux: and use pw generators? Think of all the virtual gold on there.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
So I have no idea how character progression in this game works, but if the grind and the lag are better than when I played a few years ago I could give it a shot. Would the recent Evie update change how I would build her from how a guide would say to? More into staff than scythe, I'm all about casters.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So I have no idea how character progression in this game works, but if the grind and the lag are better than when I played a few years ago I could give it a shot. Would the recent Evie update change how I would build her from how a guide would say to? More into staff than scythe, I'm all about casters.

The lag problem varies. Vin is infamous for being poorly optimized and for S2/3 you will probably experience FPS drops even on a modern PC. Also, it helps a lot if you can host your runs/raids.

Right now staff is closer to the traditional idea of a mage with a variety of spells and it's a good call if you want to play since the revamp improved everything.

For a AP guide I did INT, Magic, and CRIT masteries all at rA. Next for spell types I did fire > ice > elec and their respective skills. Finally, the SP skills don't improve that much but it's nice to rank them if you have spare AP. Although I did like 1KO-ing bosses with Rage Conductor.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Is fiona the only one with a shield still? I was really hoping to get some kinda bulky shield guy or dual shield guy :smith:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Al Borland posted:

Is fiona the only one with a shield still? I was really hoping to get some kinda bulky shield guy or dual shield guy :smith:

I would play the poo poo out of dual shield guy.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There will never be a dual shield guy. Only waifus.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TheRagamuffin posted:

I would play the poo poo out of dual shield guy.

Dual Giant Shield Guys are the most fun

Bakalakadaka posted:

There will never be a dual shield guy. Only waifus.

:negative:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
There's also Magical K-pop Husbando on the way, at some point.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TheRagamuffin posted:

Nice is he a bard or something?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Al Borland posted:

Nice is he a bard or something?
He's a knife wizard:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

I believe you mean a sandwich :colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Bakalakadaka posted:

I believe you mean a sandwich :colbert:

god drat I'd play as a giant sandwich.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

So I finally came back a few days ago after being burned out by Regina. But whatever. The point is that I needed to play catch-up on the story and no one is interested in helping me when I need it. So, I had to solo the first two Ben Chenner Trailhead battles, duo the third with someone in the same situation as me, then solo the fourth. I did not want to solo the fourth. That's Akadus. Akadus is an rear end in a top hat. I checked for boats several time and never found one. I put up boats several times and no one joined. So, I spent 55 minutes soloing that battle. I burned trans, all of my merc pots, and four graces.

Eat poo poo, pubbies

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Akadus is actually a cool and fun fight IMO and I wish Kai was basically Akadus because he would be cool then.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Akadus is actually a cool and fun fight IMO and I wish Kai was basically Akadus because he would be cool then.
He is admittedly less of a piece of poo poo than Callidus, and his gimmick is funnier. Good job getting owned by sliding blocks.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

He is admittedly less of a piece of poo poo than Callidus, and his gimmick is funnier. Good job getting owned by sliding blocks.

If you have at least two people you can constantly lure him up to the blocks and knock him off (which you have to do to get a title anyway).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

So Vindictus tweetered a thing about a golden carp event and I had no idea what they were talking about. Turns out there's been a fishing event going on since September 16. Once per day, you can buy 100 special fishing rods for 1,000 gold. I can't believe I've been missing out on easy fishing dang iiiit

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

ArchWizard posted:

So Vindictus tweetered a thing about a golden carp event and I had no idea what they were talking about. Turns out there's been a fishing event going on since September 16. Once per day, you can buy 100 special fishing rods for 1,000 gold. I can't believe I've been missing out on easy fishing dang iiiit

You didn't miss too much. It was a bunch of rigged bullshit. Each rod let you catch 1 fishing trap which contained a "random" item that could be a good enchant scroll! (not random, and you never get the scrolls) The best thing I got was 1 merc potion.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cheap Shot posted:

You didn't miss too much. It was a bunch of rigged bullshit. Each rod let you catch 1 fishing trap which contained a "random" item that could be a good enchant scroll! (not random, and you never get the scrolls) The best thing I got was 1 merc potion.

I've gotten a bunch of element stones and element stone mats out of them, and you get fish eggs that you can use for pet food (if you ever use pets).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I've gotten a bunch of element stones and element stone mats out of them, and you get fish eggs that you can use for pet food (if you ever use pets).

Luckier than my attempts as I got all kinds of useless fish and I already have the fishing titles. Now time to wait for hagie.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

My evie got a bark barrel frag from a fishing trap. Is that the best thing we've gotten?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened today. Nothing interesting was added, but there's now a preview of what's coming up next: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/4480/update-preview-season-3--episode-3. There's an Angry Teen Glas raid and he unlocks a new set. A leather coat over plate armor lol what.

Also, they're reworking armor and removing a lot of gender restrictions on gear:

quote:

As we approach Vindictus' 5th anniversary, it's long since time to take a look back at the vast amounts of equipment warriors stumble across as they advance through the story. Most armor was separated by gender, excluding a few of our newer characters, or only for a specific characters as well.

No more. We've gone through just about every piece of armor and reduced the restrictions across the board. Just about anyone will be able to put on the armor they find and take it into battle, although Hurk and Karok's massive frame will still prevent some equipment from being used. Several hundred items have been adjusted, making it far easier for those still leveling up to remain well equipped for the battles to come.
I hope they're not saying that character-specific gear is no longer restricted. I don't want to see Lanns in White Shark :gonk:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Also, they're reworking armor and removing a lot of gender restrictions on gear:

I hope they're not saying that character-specific gear is no longer restricted. I don't want to see Lanns in White Shark :gonk:

On the other hand, I do want to see Lanns in white shark :getin:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Jesselyin will hopefully be donning Wonderlann soon. :getin:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since I had a lot of free time I made some guides for Evie & Arisha: http://www.knightime.net/vindictus/ :ghost:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Since I had a lot of free time I made some guides for Evie & Arisha: http://www.knightime.net/vindictus/ :ghost:
I added this to the first post. Or was it the second post? One of the posts.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

rip in peace hagie:

EDIT: Oh yeah, the update happened. Neoglas is out, there are events, and they did some fixes.

quote:

Game Improvements

Fishing Boat no longer requires Fishing Licenses.
Reduced the Hive Queen’s charge box.
Lowered the altitude of flying insect enemies.
Prologue Cinematics can now be skipped without exiting the prologue entirely, taking you to the first prologue fight instead. The Prologue can still be skipped entirely by hitting ESC after the Prologue intro cinematic ends.
NX items can now be deleted. To help prevent accidental loss of items, you will be prompted for confirmation before the item is deleted.
Daily Mission Goal Improvements:
"Use Phoenix Feathers": Party Members using their Phoenix Feathers will now count towards your progress on this Mission.
"Use HP Potion": Additional HP increasing items now count towards completion.
Updated Keaghan’s VO in various cutscenes.

Bug Fixes

Arisha: Can no longer be Controlled while using Temporal Shift.
Evie: Fixed problem where other drain effects disappear when all enemies targeted by Mark of Death and Bloody Thread were killed.
Evie: Drain release after 3-hit Smash was fixed.
Evie: Fixed problem with obtaining proper Release STA and Skill Awakening Effect.
Fixed a camera rotation bug which occurred during certain animations.
Fixed an issue where damage wasn’t applied properly with the Golden Ball using Kai’s Cross Gun.
Fixed a modeling issue with the Elegant Fur outfitter.
Fixed a number of player reported text issues.
Oh boy, you don't need fishing tickets to fish. That would have been nice DURING THE FISHING EVENT.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 21, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

:shittypop: A very important event just started oh crap oh poo poo oh gently caress :shittypop:

quote:

5 years ago, we here at Nexon America brought Vindictus, a rather different look at the world of Mabinogi, to the shores of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand. Over those five years, countless Fomors have been slain, new and varied mercenaries have joined the field, epic raid bosses, several stories tall, have come around to be utterly demolished, and only Fergus knows how many pieces of armor have been sundered. In celebration of our 5th anniversary, we've got 5 special events to mark the occasion.

5th Anniversary Package

First on the block is a free giveaway to all of our players that login during our 5th Anniversary! From noon on Tuesday, October 27th to noon on Wednesday, October 28th, all players that login to Vindictus will be able to claim a package from the Strange Traveler that resides in the Colhen Inn. Containing an exclusive title, a powerful, limited time weapon and more, you'll have to login during our 5th Anniversary to get the full contents.
code:
Event Name 	5th Anniversary Package
Event Start 	Tuesday, October 27th, 2015 (12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 7:00 AM AEDT 11/28)
Event End 	Wednesday, October 28th, 2015 (12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 7:00 AM AEDT 11/29)
Event Details 	

Speak to the Strange Traveler in Colhen to claim the 5th Anniversary Package.

Package Contents 	

Login during the 5th Aniversary to find out!
After that are some sales, including for something called the "Crimson Commander Package." You're probably thinking, "paying for stuff that isn't runes or inners is lame." You're totally right. HOWEVER:

quote:

5th Anniversary Monster Bingo

But maybe you wanted one of the Crimson Commander Packages without having to drop some NX on it? Well you've got a chance for it now. From Monday, October 26th through Sunday, November 15th, Monster Bingo is back, and the grand prize is a free Crimson Commander Package! There's plenty of other rewards too, including Fox Ears, a free AP Box and more!

During the event, specific monsters throughout Vindictus will drop Bingo numbers, a different number each day and two numbers on Saturday and Sunday. As you collect more and more of the numbers, more prizes will unlock, and as you claim the rows you'll inch your way up to the Crimson Commander Package and your chance at the Kaeghan or Iset sets!

Once you have a Bingo, you'll be able to claim your rewards by clicking on the "Get Reward" button, but be careful: Doing so will also reset the board, destroying all of your collected numbers, so only claim them once you're happy with the rewards you've unlocked.
code:
Rewards
Completed Rows
(Top to Bottom) 	

3x Goddess Grace
    1x Goddess Grace (Party)
    5x Enhancement Elixir
    3x Paradise Enhancement Stone
    5x Godly Iron Ore

Completed Columns
(Left to Right) 	

20x Fine HP Potions
    3x Magic Elixir
    3x Server Megaphone
    3x SP Recovery Potion
    5x AP Blessing Stone

Diagonals 	

5x Party Revival Feather
    3x Divine Blessing Stones

Bingo Completions
(Each Row, Column and Diagonal counts as 1 Bingo) 	

3 Bingos: Maximum 10,000 AP Capsule Gift Box
    5 Bingos: 1x Sealed Enchant Scroll
    8 Bingos: 1x Fox Ears Hairpin
    12 Bingos: 1x Crimson Commander Package

Event Details
Event Name
	5th Anniversary Monster Bingo
Event Start 	Monday, October 26th
Event End
	Sunday, November 15th (11:59 PM PST, 2:59 AM EST 11/16, 6:59 PM AEDT 11/16)
Note 	

Bingo board can be found in the Random menu
    Selected, unannounced monsters will drop Bingo Numbers when killed
    Use those Bingo Numbers on the Bingo board
    Collect all the Numbers in a Row, Column or Diagonal to unlock a Bingo prize
    Unlock multiple Bingos for more prizes
    Once prizes are claimed, the board will reset and used numbers will be lost
    A total of 25 Numbers will drop
To spare you some misery, I'm reminding everybody not to claim your prizes until the last day of the event. Also, to spare you the misery of going to the official forums, I'll tell you that Angry Teen Glas has today's number.

Finally, if you're thinking of leveling a bit:

quote:

5th Anniversary Boost Event

And finally, as our 5th item for our 5th Anniversary, we're giving everyone a massive EXP and AP Boost for the next two weekends! No twists, no special rules, just hit up Vindictus on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the weekends of October 30th and November 6th to boost your levels!
code:
Event Name 	End of the Road Event
First Weekend 	Friday, October 30th - Sunday, November 1st
Second Weekend 	Friday, November 6th - Sunday, November 8th
Rewards 	

+100% EXP and AP from Battle Quests

Notes 	

Does not affect AP or EXP earned outside of Battle Quests.
This weekend is a good time to play the game on characters you wouldn't otherwise play. Like Evie. Because she still sucks.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 26, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Does she still stuck? I thought Korea holds her pretty high up, that's probably assuming high attack speed; she's a huge money sink.

I don't like season 3 too much and I didn't like the end of season 2. Regina takes a huge poo poo on me constantly, so I don't really enjoy fighting her. I still think season 1 is the funnest, but I can see why keagan and lionus would be huge assholes in-era too

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 26, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

darkhand posted:

Does she still stuck? I thought Korea holds her pretty high up, that's probably assuming high attack speed; she's a huge money sink.

I don't like season 3 too much and I didn't like the end of season 2. Regina takes a huge poo poo on me constantly, so I don't really enjoy fighting her. I still think season 1 is the funnest, but I can see why keagan and lionus would be huge assholes in-era too
Keaghan and Lionotus are still assholes. Regina is a pain, but the Braha Men are much easier to deal with. Figuring out Lord Glas is a matter of being able to handle Classic Glas's moveset and the gravity well trick. You're right about the end of Season 2 being terrible. Ulchas is a jerk-rear end and I'm pretty sure 70-80 Cromm is borderline unbeatable unless someone in your party has merc pots or graces.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah the forest is pretty well balanced and those bosses are fun to slice in half.

The game only really sucks because of elitism imo. Like if you're not with the in crowd of beating brand new stuff as it comes out you'll never get to. Like cromm as you said, no one is going to run that poo poo for some random newbies, hell I only beat it because of goddess grace events. And with instant death mechanics you can't even just power level past it like season 1. I haven't even beat r blood lord or succ queen.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 26, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

darkhand posted:

Yeah the forest is pretty well balanced and those bosses are fun to slice in half.

The game only really sucks because of elitism imo. Like if you're not with the in crowd of beating brand new stuff as it comes out you'll never get to. Like cromm as you said, no one is going to run that poo poo for some random newbies, hell I only beat it because of goddess grace events. I haven't even beat r blood lord or succ queen.

Blood Lord 2 is a lovely terrible fight so you aren't missing anything there at least. Also you can do those on normal where you can rez people.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

darkhand posted:

The game only really sucks because of elitism imo. Like if you're not with the in crowd of beating brand new stuff as it comes out you'll never get to. Like cromm as you said, no one is going to run that poo poo for some random newbies, hell I only beat it because of goddess grace events. I haven't even beat r blood lord or succ queen.
I stopped doing Niflheim after I went into Blood Lord 2 with a full group of level 80s and we took off four health bars in an hour. If we hadn't tried on normal we would have wiped in the first ten minutes.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Stopped playing shortly after the Evie revamp. Now with two more episodes and a shitton of events perhaps it is time to come back. Time to decide between Vella/Evie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Arch we should go duo Blood Lord 2 :kheldragar: