Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Enjoy your bill for a simple loving rattlesnake bite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo
WHAT the gently caress did you DO

I get VA services (I was in the USAF) and the gov't gets my bill for almost everything medical, and I am VERY appreciative.
But when I do have to pay for poo poo, it's NOTHING that absurd.

I think someone screwed up in accounting

General Tofu fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 18, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
well, it's not like YOU have to pay that. You can make everyone else around you pay it, it's communism, actually.

Dicky Longcocking
Jan 2, 2015
Lol someone's been on Reddit :smuggo:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Just don't get bit by a rattlesnake, op.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Okay, if I ever get bitten by a snake I'll just die from the venom. It'll probably be slightly less painful than dying homeless and starving under the crippling debt caused by mounting hospital bills.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
88k seems like a lot for "pharmacy"

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i personally wouldn't pay a time over 75k

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
should of just made an x incision over the bite and sucked it out

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
they had to secure rare anti venom from the ancient temples of shangri la so it's a real bargain really

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Suck it out or get insurance

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
pay this

...no

what do you mean no

...no?

oh

yeah

ok

welp

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
don't pay it, pay me

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Healthcare is expensive but I think this is a situation where you are literally getting hosed in the rear end.
With the VA (no dental coverage) I had to get a tooth pulled (with anesthetic phew) and it was $495
They did a good job too and I got free ibuprofen at the pharmacy

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
i still dont know how the US health care system hasn't collapsed yet. even insured people regularly go bankrupt rather than pay impossible bills, so how can doctors generate the revenue to sustain all the parasitic insurance middle men???

it's some sub prime mortgage poo poo and the collapse is gonna be biblical

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Free to be dumb/poor enough not to have medical insurance. Welcome.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Digiwizzard posted:

i still dont know how the US health care system hasn't collapsed yet. even insured people regularly go bankrupt rather than pay impossible bills, so how can doctors generate the revenue to sustain all the parasitic insurance middle men???

it's some sub prime mortgage poo poo and the collapse is gonna be biblical

Because some people will pay a lot of money to not die.

Incidentally here's my health care anecdote: Ages ago when I was still young and hopeful for life and about to go to college, I had to get an up to date TB test for whatever reason. Except I couldn't get one without medical insurance because I was barely able to afford my planned school tuition but somehow still wasn't poor enough to qualify for any student aid programs. And that's the story of how my education got delayed for a year.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Jst0rm posted:

Free to be dumb/poor enough not to have medical insurance. Welcome.

This ain't my bill, I pay 11 euros a month for full coverage. A regular checkup visit to the doctor, including bloodwork, costs me 25 euros. If I had to go to the hospital for a few days (say for an animal bite like in this case) it would just be a couple hundred euros at most, if that. Just posting this because I'm back in the US and what the gently caress?

[edit] lol it's cheaper for me to fly to Europe for a non-emergency than to get treatment in the US and probably more pleasant too

Jesus Christ fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 18, 2015

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

quote:

Your payment is due July 27, 2015

:captainpop:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
u dont have to pay anyone if u beat them in a foot race i saw it once on 60 minutes

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Looks like they accidentally sent you the contractor's invoice for building them the hospital.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
turns out, the bible had a typo in it. it's actually supposed to say "land of the fee"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
should have told them to cut off the arm so it'd take you twice as long to post op

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i want to go to america one day i reall. want to see detroit

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Besides the Sudan can you whining liberals name one country more free than the US?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

what other industrial hellholes are there in american, tiadvance

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Ive been lucky when it comes to healthcare. I've had two major surgeries. The first was when I was a lab tech at the hospital. I had been part time for a year or so, and had been promoted to full time. this gave me medical coverage which started 90 days after I became a full-timer. My appendix blew on day 87. The administrator backdated all the paperwork so it became day 90 instead of 87, the insurance kicked in and I was covered. Also, the hospital has a policy that when any care is given to an employee, the hospital waives the portion of the bill that is the patient's responsibility over what insurance pays, so I ended up paying nothing out of pocket.

The second time I had a disc that was degenerating and causing lots and lots of pain. As it slowly collapsed, the pain got worse until it finally ruptured directly against the left side of my spinal cord on New Year's Eve. This necessitated a visit to urgent care and lots of treatment, including steroid injections into my spinal cord and disc. Eventually, it ruptured further, and surgery was required. From initial diagnosis to surgery and recovery (3 weeks off of work) was 10 months, with lots of appointments, 3 spinal injections and the surgery and recovery. It cost me a total of $5.00 This is because I have a good job, my wife has a good job and we are both doubly covered as a result. Now I have the bill in a file at school, so I can show my students why working hard in school and getting a good job might be a good idea.

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS

+ tip

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

genesplicer posted:

Ive been lucky when it comes to healthcare. I've had two major surgeries. The first was when I was a lab tech at the hospital. I had been part time for a year or so, and had been promoted to full time. this gave me medical coverage which started 90 days after I became a full-timer. My appendix blew on day 87. The administrator backdated all the paperwork so it became day 90 instead of 87, the insurance kicked in and I was covered. Also, the hospital has a policy that when any care is given to an employee, the hospital waives the portion of the bill that is the patient's responsibility over what insurance pays, so I ended up paying nothing out of pocket.

The second time I had a disc that was degenerating and causing lots and lots of pain. As it slowly collapsed, the pain got worse until it finally ruptured directly against the left side of my spinal cord on New Year's Eve. This necessitated a visit to urgent care and lots of treatment, including steroid injections into my spinal cord and disc. Eventually, it ruptured further, and surgery was required. From initial diagnosis to surgery and recovery (3 weeks off of work) was 10 months, with lots of appointments, 3 spinal injections and the surgery and recovery. It cost me a total of $5.00 This is because I have a good job, my wife has a good job and we are both doubly covered as a result. Now I have the bill in a file at school, so I can show my students why working hard in school and getting a good job might be a good idea.

not everybody can afford to be an old person where you got cool poo poo like "benefits"

[edit] sorry that was mean you're pretty much the most badass person on the forum :)

[edit2] point still stands though

Jesus Christ fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 18, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

don't gently caress with snakes retard

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

rabble rabble posted:

pay this

...no

what do you mean no

...no?

oh

yeah

ok

welp

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
Pay that bill, deadbeat. Your doctor EARNED that yacht goddamnit

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
One time when I lived in England I had to pay about £7 to get a prescription filled.

Now that I live in Wales prescriptions cost me £0.

That's all I've ever paid for healthcare.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well you can either live in america or live in Europe where the Greeks are destroying all the nice things.

those are your choices, everywhere else sucks.

and Canada deson't count because it's just an unofficial state and also doesn't have snakes.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
That intermediate care room better be loving luxury as gently caress to cost 20k+ for a night. I can't even think of a single luxury hotel that cost 20k holy poo poo

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
was taking a selfie with a rattlesnake and has no health insurance. He can pay a minimum payment for the rest of his life or he can file for chapter 11/13 system is fine

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mnoba posted:

was taking a selfie with a rattlesnake and has no health insurance. He can pay a minimum payment for the rest of his life or he can file for chapter 11/13 system is fine

You can't cure stupid

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
*smug hospital worker strolls into thread and explains how that's not the "real bill" and OP will pay nowhere near that*

*op only owes $43,000 instead*

*puts over-reactive libtard in their place* :smug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thats pretty hosed up

but att least you got a lot of military stuff tho, for when the chinese invades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
The bill for each of my kids' births were around 35k each. I had insurance so we didn't pay a dime, but drat.

• Locked thread