Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Why is it that every brewer from Washington to San Francisco makes 30 IPAs ranging from unpleasantly hoppy to weapons grade pure triple hop extract with some alcohol I guess (invariably called Total Ultra Domination Super IPA)? Trying to find a porter or Stout over here is a loving quest. I've given up on finding Dubbels or barley wines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
Grow a pair and drink straight grain alcohol, hippy

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Beer is icky and for spickys

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
you live in the lost land of the hipsters op

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you don't like beer that tastes like you're blowing a pine tree you should probably just give up and move to some shithole in the Midwest.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I only drink gruit, no hops for me bitter my beer with yarrow, marsh rosemary, and bog myrtle

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

americans only just discovering beer in the last like 10 years and managing to get it completely wrong and also acting like giddy tards over it is your answer, op.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The only country that does beer right is Belgium

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Why is it that every brewer from Washington to San Francisco makes 30 IPAs ranging from unpleasantly hoppy to weapons grade pure triple hop extract with some alcohol I guess (invariably called Total Ultra Domination Super IPA)? Trying to find a porter or Stout over here is a loving quest. I've given up on finding Dubbels or barley wines.

that's interesting op since like every beer maker makes the beers you are looking for in addition to ipa

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you don't like beer that tastes like you're blowing a pine tree you should probably just give up and move to some shithole in the Midwest.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Irrational Bees posted:

Beer is icky and for spickys

haha this guy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I mean I used to think it left some doubt one way or the other but I'm watching it now and there's just no way it's real. It's all exactly what he asked for.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

spickys aren't into IPAs, more into STOUTS haha because as we know they are oftenq uite short except for yao ming

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

the pacific nw still has time to drink with all of that legal herb they been chiefin? im talkin legal blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt. why would they even sell booze it's like duh, don't sell booze

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
TOTAL POWER TRIPLE IPA IT'S LIKE A DICK PUNCH TO YOUR LIVER

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
it's because almost all american hops are grown in washington so they are plentiful and fresh

this has been a seriouspost from your old buddy nefarious

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
idk op i think you're exaggerating. i went to portland recently and there were plenty of stouts, reds, wheats, and non-IPA

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Ramsus posted:

that's interesting op since like every beer maker makes the beers you are looking for in addition to ipa

this too. holy balls the op is a dumb piece of poo poo

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Nefarious posted:

it's because almost all american hops are grown in washington so they are plentiful and fresh

this has been a seriouspost from your old buddy nefarious

not a fan of your seriousposting. go back to the old stuff. the classics

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Matey posted:

not a fan of your seriousposting. go back to the old stuff. the classics

suck my drat balls

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Cymbal Monkey posted:

all american beer is swill. especially your 'craft brews'. swill.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Nefarious posted:

suck my drat balls

:patriot:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I grew up in Eugene

MMMM I LOVE REALLY BITTER DRINKS, THE MORE BITTER THE BETTER

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Here in the NorthWest people are pretentious cunts. That's all I have to say about beer here in Portland.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
ew bitter hops i'll have a boone's farm please

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Black Butte porter is pretty good and has an excellent name

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I heard they force you to drink a >100 ibu ipa if you step in the pacific northwest then kick you in the balls if you squirm or make a face.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Nefarious posted:

ew bitter hops i'll have a boone's farm please

sunshine pink boone's farm best alcoholic drink on earth

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
It's because hops show you are a true man with culture and taste, unlike some yokel from a flyover state. So the more the better. How else will you prove you are a Knowledgeable Beer Drinker?

In all seriousness, it was a big fad that is thankfully starting to fade.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Matey posted:

sunshine pink boone's farm best alcoholic drink on earth

i don't consider anything under 5% abv to be alcoholic

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Hops ruin beer

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

The Management posted:

Hops ruin beer

hops cure hipsters

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

they taste nice, you should be happy

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Wall Balls posted:

they taste nice, you should be happy

i'm sorry about your broken taste buds

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I live in the PNW and all I drink is Coors Light, Mojitos and Daiquiris myself. :shrug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

*drinks extreme hop blaster IPA from a beer helmet while reading thread*

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Beer should have one hop. None of this 'hops' poo poo. You should be able to say 'I'll have a beer with one hop, please', and you can receive a beer that is flavorful without being Pine Sol.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm glad that ppl have realized that there are other kinds of beer than IPA because for a while there it was getting p loving ridiculous and I'm not a fan. no I don't want a pint of bitter Rasputin bullshit or whatever, I'll take an esb that has bitter in the name but doesn't taste like poo poo??? woah

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

What are you talking about op IPAs are over, the current thing no one will shut the gently caress up about is porters and sours. Do you live in the midwest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
some places are just selling beers with hop oil floaters on top

its as vile as you imagine

• Locked thread