Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
The Giants would be a very just choice on your part. They have few evils in their history (one being LT of course). Similarly, the Texans, Jags, Dolphins and Bills are also very just teams that don't have much in the way of evil. Any of those are very good choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

El Seano posted:

My top 5 favorite aspects in rough order

1. Wide receivers making ridiculous catches/runs after catch
2. Quarterbacks getting their souls sacked out of them.
3. QB Scramble plays.
4. Inteceptions
5. Forced Fumbles.

Really what any newcomer to the game would like I expect, the flashy poo poo and the big plays.

I actually already saw this because I spent some time reading through all the NFL Lore articles on Wikipedia. That video does get you pretty hyped up.

Yeah the packers are a good team for you. I'll link some more stuff when I get home from work.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Seano posted:

3. QB Scramble plays.
4. Inteceptions
5. Forced Fumbles.

If we add that you

6. Need a team that is on at a reasonable hour for you to watch
7. Want a playoff team

then I'd say your best choices are:

Ravens (2, 4, 5, 6, 7 all fulfilled)
Eagles (4, 5, 6, 7 with poential claims to 1, 3)
Panthers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and maybe even 7!)
Buccs (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, maybe 7 in a couple of years)

Don't just pick a popular team!!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

El Seano posted:

3. QB Scramble plays.
4. Inteceptions
5. Forced Fumbles.

Really what any newcomer to the game would like I expect, the flashy poo poo and the big plays.

I actually already saw this because I spent some time reading through all the NFL Lore articles on Wikipedia. That video does get you pretty hyped up.

1. http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap3000000433606/Beckham-catches-worldwide-attention
2. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d819cf1ac/Jets-draw-first-blood-in-turf-war
3. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c50b29/Manning-fumbles-on-4th-down
4. http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Eli-Manning-throws-five-interceptions-/4e7ff596-d262-4dcd-8bde-29351aa3ebe4
5. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000373678/Kyle-Williams-strip-sack-of-Eli-Manning

The Giants are not boring. Things are either amazing or a complete disaster

Also here are the Giants being the beneficiary of the funniest sequence in NFL history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tqLG__Al4

El Seano posted:

The Eagles do seem like something to get in on the ground floor with but they seem to be lacking that awesome/crazy/entertaining player unless Bradford pans out. I guess there's Demarco Murray as well. Plus the whole devoted fan base is cool too.

Don't be an Eagles fan and cling to some regular season comeback as their most special game, be a champion.

Vote Giants

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 20, 2015

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008
So do Giants fans still have to find Eli lovable when he somehow throws 5 picks in a single game or that when we throw him under the bus? I didn't think it'd be possible to throw 5 interceptions in a game, surely by the 3rd one they'd just go with the back up QB?

Any fans care to write up:

Atlanta Falcons
NY Jets
Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccameers

and a non Cam Newton-centric write up of reasons to like the Panthers (sorry if this is a noob request)

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This kicks rear end, it's like free agency.

If you like wide receivers, then Golden Tate deserves a mention. He is probably the league's best YAC receiver. Once the ball is in his hands, he's like a running back. Watch him embarrass the Saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgglepAmGC4

He's not particularly fast, not particularly tall, and not particularly agile, but he is also good, so he isn't considered scrappy. This makes him a pretty great counterpart to Megatron, who was designed to be the perfect receiver. It's a flawed analogy, but if Megatron is Pele, then Tate is Maradona.

If the Seahawks had kept Tate last year, they would have repeated. On the other hand, Tate probably hosed did absolutely nothing untoward with Russell Wilson's ex-wife, so it might have been impossible for him to go back to Seattle. Either way, we're glad to have him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

If we add that you

6. Need a team that is on at a reasonable hour for you to watch
7. Want a playoff team

then I'd say your best choices are:

Ravens (2, 4, 5, 6, 7 all fulfilled)
Eagles (4, 5, 6, 7 with poential claims to 1, 3)
Panthers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and maybe even 7!)
Buccs (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, maybe 7 in a couple of years)

Don't just pick a popular team!!

I'd argue the Giants are a potential playoff team assuming the rest of the team doesn't decide to play with fireworks or do the Tom Coughlin approved workout of breaking rocks with your skull.

Obviously the Eagles are the best choice though because you'd get to join the Eagles Nest (a name I literally just thought up for all the TFF Eagles posters). Maybe we can get gang tags.

Plus the offseason can be more fun than the regular season. Would any of the other teams make something like this?

El Seano posted:

So do Giants fans still have to find Eli lovable when he somehow throws 5 picks in a single game or that when we throw him under the bus? I didn't think it'd be possible to throw 5 interceptions in a game, surely by the 3rd one they'd just go with the back up QB?

Any fans care to write up:

Atlanta Falcons
NY Jets
Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccameers

and a non Cam Newton-centric write up of reasons to like the Panthers (sorry if this is a noob request)

I just saw this so I'll try and do a little blurb for each team. It's probably not going to do them justice.

Falcons - Solid QB and WR but a horrific defense and now have a new coach. Could potentially become really good if the new coach can figure out how to get the Falcons back to where they were in 2012 or so.

NY Jets - Basically just swapped coaches with the Bills. There's...not too much in the way of excitement there, but Revis is back. And he's really good at generating turnovers.

Texans - A Pro Tier pick for a new team. They've got JJ Watt, who's one of the best players around, a relatively young team and if they can ever figure out how to beat Andrew Luck they'll have good chances for a deep playoff run.

Buccs - Do you like starting over from scratch? Because the Buccs sure do! They're on their 3rd coach in 5? 6? years and haven't had any real sustained success since they won the Super Bowl after the Raiders forgot to change the playcalls when they traded their coach to the Buccs. No one will accuse you of being a bandwagoner. On the downside, Jameis Winston is kind of a lovely human being.

Panthers - Somehow made the playoffs last year and their game against the Cardinals was either the funniest or saddest game I've ever seen. Between them and the Falcons it's a question of if you want a team that has generally shown some flashes of brilliance but have yet to really put it all together or do you want a team that was good a few years back but has fallen on hard times? Also Cam Newton really is good at the whole QBing thing, he's more fun that Matt Ryan.

axeil fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 20, 2015

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Representing Minnesota Vikings

Why do YOU support this team?
I became a fan because of head coach, Mike Zimmer, who is a badass. He's only on his second year at HC job despite 36 years of coaching experience and 26 years in the NFL, because he's a straight-shooter who hasn't got time for bullshit politics that go with the top position. So after finally finding a team where he's a good fit with the front office, he's going all out to show what he can do. Consequently, the Vikings team is transforming from mediocrity to a contender under a guy who really knows what he's doing and putting the team's young talent to use. Also, they were lucky and smart enough to draft the best young QB of last year's class as 32nd pick. Good times.

What are their best and worst apects?
Best aspects: Quite a lot of promising young talent. Being a team on the upswing. Having the arguably the best running back in the league. Good people in team all around. Good fans.
Worst aspects: Playing in the same division as established Superbowl contenders at Green Bay. Not a lot of depth at some positions.

What is your teams Front Office/Owner like? What sets them apart from the rest of the league?
General Manager Rick Spielman aka Slick Rick is a talented evaluator and an avid draft day trader, and they have a good team going with HC Zimmer, which is great and a luxury most NFL teams don't have.
The owners are real estate magnates seem to be kind of scumbags as far as business, but they don't meddle with the team, so that's great.

Who is your teams biggest rival?
The Green Bay Packers. There's also some bad blood with the Saints, although they're not in their division.

Who is your teams star player? What makes them worth watching?
Former NFL MVP Adrian Peterson, one of the best running backs to ever play the game. He's as fast as the fastest sprinters in the league, while also as powerful as the most powerful running backs in the league. So imba. Back in the day he pretty much single-handedly carried an overall fairly bad team into the playoffs
He's not a very smart man and actually sat out most of last year because of legal problems, but hey, for that kind of physical talent, something's got to give.

Who is your favorite player on the team? Why?
Second year QB Teddy Bridgewater. He's an incredibly nice and humble kid who earns his respect by outworking and outpreparing everybody, and thus remains calm and thrives under pressure. The Vikings hadn't had a proper QB for years, and with the way he improved in his rookie year, the sky is the limit for him.

Who is your teams worst player?
LT Matt Kalil, who was literally the worst starting offensive lineman in the league last year. He had his knees operated on this offseason, so maybe he just played injured, but it was terrible. Luckily there's a number of young O-linemen competing for his position this offseason.

Who is your teams most promising player?
Hopes are high for Teddy, but you could also look out for the young linebacker group with Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks, former college teammates

Which opposing player am I honor bound to wish death upon as a fan of this franchise?
He's a nice guy in real life and a helluva player, but must be the Packers' Aaron Rodgers.

If you could sum up your team in any one photo, what would it be?

What am I likely to see over the next season if I follow your side?
Good defense, good pass play, and potentially great rungame. If the stars align just right, then a dark horse to winning the whole thing.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 21, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

El Seano posted:

Eli won us two super bowls. Eli will receive nothing but love for the rest of his Giants tenure, and we will go out of our way to blame everything else instead of Eli.

This is going to come back to bite me in future GDTs and such but here is a handy flowchart I made for you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Appreciate jurrell casey regardless of what team you choose is all I ask

https://youtu.be/ZFJ8w5r6mvk

https://youtu.be/2xYovIBVihA

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Eli won us two super bowls. Eli will receive nothing but love for the rest of his Giants tenure, and we will go out of our way to blame everything else instead of Eli.

This is going to come back to bite me in future GDTs and such but here is a handy flowchart I made for you

This is a good flowchart.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

El Seano posted:

3. QB Scramble plays.
4. Inteceptions
5. Forced Fumbles.

randall "loving" cobb

one of davante adams' really cool plays against the cowboys

Eddie Lacy isn't a receiver but this play owns.

oh just jordy nelson burning revis nbd

http://fat.gfycat.com/TheseThirdLark.webm

this play was called back but it's still one of the most insane throws i've ever seen

packers lost this game but i don't give a gently caress

i think this winds up counting as a fumble

pick the packers. we're a Fun Team.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Don't root for the Packers

edit:

The Ravens are a handsome and fun team for the football connoisseur, and you can join the TFF Ravens fans in yelling at Kawalimus when he starts posting in season

FeedingHam2Cats fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 21, 2015

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Don't root for the Packers

But those GIFs all look awesome and Rodgers threw as many interceptions last year as Eli did in one game? Albeit none of them were his fault really.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

El Seano posted:

But those GIFs all look awesome and Rodgers threw as many interceptions last year as Eli did in one game? Albeit none of them were his fault really.

You will turn into a big baby if you root for the Packers, it's science

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
I picked the Browns last year because they're poo poo and I love poo poo. Cleveland sorta reminds me of my city too.

Because it's a poo poo-hole.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you pick a team who is actually gonna win a Super Bowl

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
real men root for terrible teams fyi

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

you should pick whatever team you want as long as it is not the patriots, in my opinion. the ravens are a fun team that has joe "steel dick" flacco as their qb. they are a fine choice that is not the packers.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Here is the case for the Dolphins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-2RGFNyaGU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

TubeStank posted:

you should pick whatever team you want as long as it is not the patriots, in my opinion. the ravens are a fun team that has joe "steel dick" flacco as their qb. they are a fine choice that is not the packers.

Yes, it is important to note that a dude on the Bengals was injured for much of the season due to falling on Joe "Reckless" Flacco's cock of iron

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

There are certain teams that it will never be acceptable to bandwagon. These teams are

1. The Cowboys
2. The Steelers
3. The Patriots
4. The Packers
5. Would have been the 49ers but everyone just jumped off that bandwagon. however this team owned the 80's and none of their fans ever shut up about Joe Montana.

Each of these teams already contains a ripe infection of bandwagoners across the nation. In any sports bar in the country you will find some rear end in a top hat meathead with a Roethlisberger or Hines Ward jersey. Patriots fans are smug and evil, most of them not even knowing the team used to be a joke. Cowboys fans are too numerous to count and must be eradicated. Packer fans are the nicest, most vile bandwagoners of them all. They are everywhere, none of them are from Green bay, they probably own meaningless stock in the team, and "they are just so drat great why could anyone hate the packers we are the classic franchise of the NFL our big fat bratwurst smelling poo poo don't stink look at my cheese hat isn't it cute why can't your team find a generational QB it was so easy for us did you know the Packers are owned by the people that's why we are so great hey the trophy is named after our historic coach we ARE football"

Currently if you bandwagon the Seahawks you are a douche as well, and the 12 thing is currently the most insufferable thing in sports, barely edging out the terrible towel.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 21, 2015

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Seattle Seahawks

Why do YOU support this team?

I've lived in the greater Seattle metro area for almost my entire life and later becoming a WSU Coug, despite this now can feel joy at Sportsman instead of the usually bleak despair.

What are their best and worst apects?

Pros: They are a bunch of larger than life personalities from a coach who is King of the Hugging Cheerleaders, to a cornerback who is a pro wresting heel, to a lineman who steals police bicycles and calls himself Black Santa. Also, in a time when passing offensives are king, play hard hitting defensive football with a punishing run game that opens up an explosive pass play makes them a great change of pace.

Cons: That same cast of character is infuriating if you are on the losing end because they basically act like cartoon villains. Has a fan base that has exploded obnoxiously onto the national scene like all winners but has a gimmick that is polarizing, so if you don't want to be seen as a bandwagoner might not be the best choice.

What is your teams Front Office/Owner like? What sets them apart from the rest of the league?
Our GM is John Schneider, who's method of scouting and player acquisition can be summed up thusly.

Schneider excels at finding late round draft gems whom other teams pass on but the Seahawks will take a try at as they try to emphasize and employ what a player is good at rather than what their draw backs are.

Who is your teams biggest rival?

Recently, the San Francisco 49ers were our arch rivals. The 9ers former coach Jim Harbaugh and the Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll brought a rivalry from their days as college football coaches to the NFL and both teams were designed and played in similar fashions, starting from dynamic running QBs and brutal defenses.

But...

Seattle crushed the spirit of San Francisco, which since a humiliating loss on national television on Thanksgiving has gone into a death spiral that has made many Seahawks fan feel something uncomfortably akin to pity.

Lately, the Seahawks have also been pooping all over the Green Bay Packers whenever they meet, from the Fail Mary (GROAN) to the most amazing comeback/chokejob in NFL playoff history. With both teams looking to meet in the playoffs again, is ripe for increased sports hatred.

Who is your teams star player? What makes them worth watching?

It's hard to pick, I love them all but the big 4 are

Russell Wilson:

The Tiny Football God, who has a knack for his Houdini like ability to escape certain death and make an amazing throw. Is quite a good passer despite being in the most conservative passing offense in the NFL, with more touchdowns and wins in his first three season than any QB in the NFL history. Russell ran for more rushing yards than half the running backs in the league. Is Ned Flanders if he played football.

Marshawn Lynch:

Beast Mode, a physical force of domination who demoralizes defenses by running over men twice his size. Is famously contemptuous of the national football media, repeating the same monosyllabic answers to inane questions. Managed to outshine Gronk on Conan with his antics, which is a feat in of itself. The only thing he cares more about than trucking fools into the endzone is community out reach in his home town of Oakland.

Richard Sherman:

Love him or love to hate him, Sherman is one of the most polarizing figures in the league. Is one of the best corner backs in the game and will tell you that at length. Despite not being a burner like a classical CB, Sherman makes up for that with physical coverage and fanatically study of film to out think his opponents while using never ending stream of trash talk to psychologically add to already demoralizing play. Does not like Michael Crabtree. Aaron Rodgers won't throw at him even if he has one arm.

Kam Chancellor:

A linebacker sized Strong Safety who has become one of the most intimidating defensive players in the league. Can throw aside olineman in his never endthing thirst for blood. May actually be an Uruk-hai who survived Helms Deep.

Who is your favorite player on the team? Why?

See previous 4.

Who is your teams worst player?

The Offensive Line.

If you want a rant about Seattle's Offensive Line Coach Tom Cable behold
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717792&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post445978734

TLDR: Russell has to do so much Jedi bullshit because he's constantly under siege.

Who is your teams most promising player?

Not a rookie, but Seattle traded this offseason for Jimmy Graham, one of the most dynamic pass catching Tight Ends in the NFL. Seattle now has 2 of the top 3 touchdown producers in the NFL with Graham and Lynch.

Which opposing player am I honor bound to wish death upon as a fan of this franchise?

Tom Brady, because he killed TFF poster wheez the roux :smith:

Not really but gently caress him anyway http://www.istombradyacheater.com/

Death to the Niners and may eternal ruin be upon them

If you could sum up your team in any one photo, what would it be?

What am I likely to see over the next season if I follow your side?

Seattle is still highly favored to go deep into the playoffs and potentially make their third straight Super Bowl. With the addition of Jimmy Graham, Russell Wilson now has a legit #1 Red Zone threat to add to Seattle's explosive offense.

In conclusions, the Seahawks are awesome.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 21, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can indy be added to that list tia

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

lol if you pick a team who is actually gonna win a Super Bowl

lol if you pick a team that's ever won a superbowl

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
El Seano where in the UK are you based? What UK sports teams do you support? I feel this is really important in helping you decide and I care a lot.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Febreeze posted:

There are certain teams that it will never be acceptable to bandwagon. These teams are

1. The Cowboys
2. The Steelers
3. The Patriots
4. The Packers
5. Would have been the 49ers but everyone just jumped off that bandwagon. however this team owned the 80's and none of their fans ever shut up about Joe Montana.

Each of these teams already contains a ripe infection of bandwagoners across the nation. In any sports bar in the country you will find some rear end in a top hat meathead with a Roethlisberger or Hines Ward jersey. Patriots fans are smug and evil, most of them not even knowing the team used to be a joke. Cowboys fans are too numerous to count and must be eradicated. Packer fans are the nicest, most vile bandwagoners of them all. They are everywhere, none of them are from Green bay, they probably own meaningless stock in the team, and "they are just so drat great why could anyone hate the packers we are the classic franchise of the NFL our big fat bratwurst smelling poo poo don't stink look at my cheese hat isn't it cute why can't your team find a generational QB it was so easy for us did you know the Packers are owned by the people that's why we are so great hey the trophy is named after our historic coach we ARE football"

Currently if you bandwagon the Seahawks you are a douche as well, and the 12 thing is currently the most insufferable thing in sports, barely edging out the terrible towel.

the giants have won two super bowls in the past 10 years, so they should be added to the list.

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008

Crayfish posted:

El Seano where in the UK are you based? What UK sports teams do you support? I feel this is really important in helping you decide and I care a lot.

To my eternal shame I am from Stoke and recently was converted last season by the more alcoholic of my friends to become a Stoke City fan (went to 11 games home and away last season, watched at least 28 games). I like Stoke mainly due to:

1. Geographical loyalty.
2. An excuse to drink to extreme excess most weekends (Boxing Day last year was essentially an 8am to 2am drinking session)
3. They're overachieving underdogs (the last two season at least)
4, The fans are devoted to the point of hilarity, will throw a player under the bus as soon as sing his name in the stands.
5. The manager is some sort of Welsh idiot savant that keeps signing all of my favorite Barcelona youth players of 5/6 years ago.

FWIW The only other Stoke City fan I know who watches NFL is a dreadlocked white Music Technology college lecturer who is a fairly avid Bears fan.

Also in my brief time lurking I gather the only thing worse than being a Cowboys or Patriots fan is being a Seahawks fan. I think becoming a fan of any of those teams would have been akin to me becoming a Chelsea, Man United or Arsenal fan last season, which would probably get me the poo poo kicked out of me in select pubs in the lovely Midlands where I live.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

TubeStank posted:

the giants have won two super bowls in the past 10 years, so they should be added to the list.

but we didn't pick up any real bandwagon for it, especially since the team hasn't sustained those two successes and both are considered flukes by a large number of people.

Giants are a very popular team but we've never had a large bandwagon. Just a lot of cranky old people.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 21, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

El Seano posted:

To my eternal shame I am from Stoke and recently was converted last season by the more alcoholic of my friends to become a Stoke City fan (went to 11 games home and away last season, watched at least 28 games). I like Stoke mainly due to:

1. Geographical loyalty.
2. An excuse to drink to extreme excess most weekends (Boxing Day last year was essentially an 8am to 2am drinking session)
3. They're overachieving underdogs (the last two season at least)
4, The fans are devoted to the point of hilarity, will throw a player under the bus as soon as sing his name in the stands.
5. The manager is some sort of Welsh idiot savant that keeps signing all of my favorite Barcelona youth players of 5/6 years ago.

FWIW The only other Stoke City fan I know who watches NFL is a dreadlocked white Music Technology college lecturer who is a fairly avid Bears fan.

Also in my brief time lurking I gather the only thing worse than being a Cowboys or Patriots fan is being a Seahawks fan. I think becoming a fan of any of those teams would have been akin to me becoming a Chelsea, Man United or Arsenal fan last season, which would probably get me the poo poo kicked out of me in select pubs in the lovely Midlands where I live.

Man up and take a terrible team so you can be smug when they get good

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Stoke's historical "style" of offense is similar to what the Rams inflict on us.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

El Seano posted:

Yeah, we can be pretty insufferable :sigh:

But! Most teams that are really good develop lovely fan bases. The Seahawks are just developing into Patriots 2.0 if they keep being as successful as they are with a past of being poo poo until after the 2000s. The 12s thing can be annoying but I don't think it's any worse than Steelers Nation or Pats Nation or I Am A Stock Holder In My Team or AMERICA'S TEAM levels of smug.

With us being on the West Coast, our games aren't probably a realistic time to watch regularly and become a dedicated fan but you did say you wanted a Seahawks write up for perspective and I had fun writing it!

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 21, 2015

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008

Metapod posted:

Man up and take a terrible team so you can be smug when they get good

At the moment it's more Giants than Packers.

It's looking hard to resist:
- a retarded QB that likes to throw the ball at the other teams defenders (but it isn't his fault)
- a nine fingered DE who according to the front page of Yahoo! NFL "will tell you he made a mistake"
- a WR who likes to catch things one handed
- and furthermore a WR who likes to salsa dance after TDs.

I mean what is that? Why?

El Seano fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 21, 2015

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

El Seano posted:

At the moment it's more Giants than Packers.

It's looking hard to resist:
- a retarded QB that likes to throw the ball at the other teams defenders (but it isn't his fault)
- a four fingered DE who according to the front page of Yahoo! NFL has "will tell you he made a mistake"
- a WR who likes to catch things one handed
- and furthermore a WR who likes to salsa dance after TDs.

I mean what is that? Why?

It is celebrating his Puerto Rican heritage, you racist

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress the giants

El Seano
Dec 30, 2008
In fairness looking at Cruz' recent stats I probably shouldn't worry too much about seeing that dance very often.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

El Seano posted:

In fairness looking at Cruz' recent stats I probably shouldn't worry too much about seeing that dance very often.

that's because he's lucky to play this year iirc

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

El Seano posted:

To my eternal shame I am from Stoke

Hmm, definitely consider an AFC North team then:

They're all proper rough and hate each other

Working class integrity and the people are about as scruffy as your average Stokie

Their rivalries are some of the funnest in the NFL IMPHO

AFC teams are more fun to watch anyway

That's just what I think I've never been to America tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

• Locked thread