Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

You should be a New York Football Giants fan. Or not, whatever.

Why do YOU support this team?
Family inheritance.

What are their best and worst aspects?
Best: occasionally make insanely improbable runs to the super bowl

Worst: Doom and despair are the general feelings provided they don't make an insanely improbable run to the super bowl

What is your teams Front Office/Owner like? What sets them apart from the rest of the league?
The Maras are one of the oldest, most respected ownership families in the league. This means they wield too much power and can strong-arm other owners and teams at times. Once conspired to make make collusion legal for a year and punished any teams that didn't play along. Kate and Rooney Mara came from them though so I guess it's not all bad.

The front office appears to be competent. Not the best, not terrible. That's about all I can say about it.

Who is your teams biggest rival?
The Philadelphia Eagles. Both teams are quite old so this rivalry has a lot of history. The fans despise each other. Eagle fans (like all Philly sports fans) are the devil (present company excepted)

Who is your teams star player? What makes them worth watching?
Eli Manning has 2 super bowl rings and is pretty decent. Has a knack for the big comeback. Works very well in high pressure situations. Helped create one of the best plays in Super Bowl history. Ignore Joe Buck's monotone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XeNefwABw

Odell Beckham JR is maybe the most exciting player in the entire league to watch right now.

Who is your favorite player on the team? Why?
It's Odell Beckham JR. Here's the reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxbz3DDQzHU

Who is your teams worst player?
Probably someone on the offensive line. They seem to rotate who is the worst from year to year. We have some contenders in the linebacker corps too.

Who is your teams most promising player?
Odell Beckham. Did what he did as a rookie and while injured.

Which opposing player am I honor bound to wish death upon as a fan of this franchise?
Probably Desean Jackson. He was a nightmare when he was on the Eagles and now is being a nightmare on Washington.

If you could sum up your team in any one photo, what would it be?

I love my big, doofy quarterback

What am I likely to see over the next season if I follow your side?
Probably solid mediocrity. They were bad last year. Like really really bad. And really really hurt. They should be better this year, but it would probably be a stretch to expect the playoffs. They are however just about due for another improbable super bowl run

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

El Seano posted:

The Giants because, yes the Beckham Jr hype did reach me even though I've only paid attention to the sport for 3 months. I didn't realize Eli Manning was supposed to be a lovable retard, I figured he'd just be diet Peyton Manning also didn't one of their star players just blow his finger off?

Yes. Jason Pierre Paul mangled himself with some fireworks and had his finger amputated.

Ed: Stop being mean to Eli, he can't help the way he is :mad:

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 20, 2015

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

axeil posted:

Yeah he probably won't be doing that this season because he suffered a horrifying leg injury in the game against the Eagles last year. Just playing this year would be awesome for him.

ODB should probably do some nuts stuff though.

Cruz is expected to be in training camp from what I've heard. He didn't participate with the team in mini camp but he's running routes and all that. He's probably going to be a shell of his former self though :smith:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

He's going to either be slow and gingerly on his routes or he's going to try too hard and re-injure himself on a cut, I just know it. It'll be depressing as poo poo.

Nah. That's not the way the Giants operate. He's gonna tear the OTHER patellar tendon.

edit: just trying to get you acclimated to the cynicism if you join our tribe El Seano. Every team has it in some form, it's just that injuries are our specialty

double edit: you said you like the run after the catch, so here's what he can do if he's in top form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5Zyzn3Avw

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 21, 2015

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

butlerson posted:

This might help convince you, we steal plays from movies.

I saw someone wearing an Icebox t shirt a few days ago and I want one so bad

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Crossposting from N/V, another reason to love my big, doofy quarterback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJiMiJcghA

Eli loves you. Love him back.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I've only ever encountered one non-annoying packers fan IRL, and coincidentally he was the only one to not look like he was made out of mashed potatoes

TFF Packers posters are cool though

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Elliot2lazy posted:

I like Luck player and attitude outside the game. I grew up with Manning on the TV and for how much I do like and respect him as a player, I do not like his attitude outside the game. Manning is way too arrogant and cocky as a person.

What's your source on this? I'm not trying to call you out or be snarky, I legit have never heard of Manning being like that off the field.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I think he's talking about Beckham

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

Please do. He is the worst.

Well see I get where you're coming from but on the other hand he's the most dominate player in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

El Seano posted:

So is it always this fun to be a Giants fan? How many times will I see them lose a lead this season?

Lots.

• Locked thread