Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If for some reason you do pick the Chiefs please know that most of us aren't like Parm. Also Alex Smith (the QB) is...sort of okish? Definitely not great, but we've seen worse recently. Also Arrowhead is currently the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL--they've gone back and forth with the Seahawks on the noise record the last couple of years. It's pretty cool and unless the broadcast sucks for some reason you can kind of pick up on TV how crazy it is.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

El Seano posted:

As somebody said in fairness I'd need to pick an East Coast team thats shown often. What time do the games kick off in ET?

1 PM eastern for the early games, afternoon games are generally 4:25 starts (occasionally 4:00). You'd probably be fine with most central teams as well, the vast majority of games are played in that 1:00 time slot. Might want to avoid the Chiefs and Rams since they're in the western divisions. Even though KC's and I think St. Louis home games are generally at noon any divisional away games would be later (plus the Rams are probably moving to LA in a year or two anyway).

A team that's shown often is a double edged sword for you, those teams tend to get prime time games more often and sometimes the afternoon time slot since that's when the non-primetime networks like to showcase their game of the week. For that reason I'd advise against picking an NFC East team for you, they're in prime time more than any other division.

The Lions would be a good idea for viewing purposes but a bad idea at the same time because they are cursed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I still never got what was going on here, I guess he honestly thought the quarterback was under center? Well yeah obviously, but how does that happen?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TubeStank posted:

center didn't think it was a shotgun snap. remember how the falcons were piping in noise?

I admit I never played center but I'd think there would be a lack of feeling of a hand on your taint that would give the shotgun snap away. You can't take a snap under center without some contact, you'd break your fingers all the time.

• Locked thread