Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Philadelphia Eagles and what for to do them

I support the Philadelphia Eagles primarily because I was born in this area but there are plenty of reasons to follow them as an unaffiliated fan, too! I think they might actually be your best choice, by the way, though I could understand you choosing the Jaguars or the Buccs since they seem to play over there quite a lot. Unfortunately for you, they both stink!!

On the plus side you have one of the most exciting coaches in the league in a year where he is completely transforming the team both offensively and defensively. The level of success of the team this year will have significant league-wide ramifications. We have a potentially great offense that will be led by a QB named Sam Bradford and a defense totally stacked at DL and LB with some actually promising pieces in the secondary. You'd be getting in on the nearly ground floor of a possible top tier team. Chip is also hilarious to watch at press conferences. Our players also go out there and give their best efforts from start to finish as a result of Chip's coaching style so you don't need to worry about us ever tapping out of a game.

On the negative side, you'd be rooting for a team whose fanbase isn't exactly loved around the country. People will cite santa and batteries until hell freezes over, it's true, and you may even hear from athletes that formerly played here that we are, well, "a tough crowd to please". The Eagles are also an old franchise without a superbowl ring, so if you're looking for established glory, you'd best root for the 49ers, Patriots, Steelers, or Cowboys (don't be a Cowboys fan lol). Oh, and if you really like attaching yourself to one player, I have bad news; we have been cutting or trading all of our big name players recently.

We have more than one rival, too! A lot of people would say we are the enemies of the Cowboys and I would be right there with them but there is also a good argument to be made that the Giants are our rivals. We have a lot of hate in our hearts I guess!

Our star player is pretty hard to pin down. DeMarco Murray is a name you should know as he was the lead rusher in the league last year. Sam Bradford is our QB and is a guy who hasn't really worked out in the NFL so far but that's largely due to fluke injury. Otherwise our players are all fairly well known and very likeable but there aren't any standout stars that non-eagles fans will know (Jason Peters is a drat beast). FAVORITE player, on the other hand, is really easy. Connor Barwin is cool as hell and read this somewhat dated article on him to see why!

Our worst player that sees any playing time would be Riley Cooper. Man can't create separation, guy is racist as hell, man can't catch. gently caress that dude.

If you're looking for promising players, look no further than the Eagles! We have ourselves a Sam Bradford, former 1st overall draft pick who has shown flashes of true brilliance now in a system and behind a line that can appreciate and accentuate his talents. We have a Nelson Algohor, a talented receiver who has a chance to break out in his rookie year in a system that also loves him by default. We have a Mychal Kendricks, a young LB who is coming into his own and looking to be a quality NFL starter that we may soon part ways with due to a recent trade for yet ANOTHER promising player in Kiko Alonso, a man who barely didn't get the Defensive Rookie of the Year his first year in the league. I could go on but I bet you get the idea.

Wish death upon everyone surrounding Tony Romo. Why, you might ask? Tony Romo is an underappreciated super talent trapped inside a machine of hatred and evil and all other Cowboys must perish in the fires of a thousand suns going supernova. They still live because we cannot figure a way to preserve Romo as we annihilate them.

If you could sum up your team in any one photo, what would it be?

What am I likely to see over the next season if I follow your side?

A lot of ups and downs and a ton of excitement no matter how it goes. It's a great time to be an Eagles fan! Join us :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Seano posted:

My top 5 favorite aspects in rough order

1. Wide receivers making ridiculous catches/runs after catch
2. Quarterbacks getting their souls sacked out of them.
3. QB Scramble plays.
4. Inteceptions
5. Forced Fumbles.

If we add that you

6. Need a team that is on at a reasonable hour for you to watch
7. Want a playoff team

then I'd say your best choices are:

Ravens (2, 4, 5, 6, 7 all fulfilled)
Eagles (4, 5, 6, 7 with poential claims to 1, 3)
Panthers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and maybe even 7!)
Buccs (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, maybe 7 in a couple of years)

Don't just pick a popular team!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

gently caress the Giants

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AlwaysBeSithing posted:

The Eagles will probably be the most fun to watch this season. Also our coolest fan is a guy named EatDatPussy.

He wrote us off like a fool. He's going to regret that as his team sucks and ours owns.

• Locked thread