Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I know this is boring and unromantic, but as another UK fan (and assuming you have access to Sky Sports) I can tell you that choosing an east coast team is a good idea. You'll get to actually see a lot more of them on a Sunday night which makes the whole supporting thing easier and more enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
I ended up with the Bills because last year I was on a business trip to Chicago with a dude from Toronto who was a big Bills guy. After the usual ceremony of getting wasted after meetings the night before, we went to a Bills and Sabres bar and watched them beat the Lions. The bar was absolutely packed and the fans went crazy at the end. It was impossible not to enjoy the enthusiasm and I had a great time; so without any team and with the Bills being east, it felt like the right thing to do.

Also in the cab on the way back, Chicago radio was melting down over Cutler and it made me laugh all the way.

The point of my story is, if you can't decide; think of an NFL moment that made you really like the sport or get in to it. If it involves a team from the east, go with that.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

what NFL team is most like Everton

I tempted to go with the Jets because of the 'smaller'-but-in-same-city angle. But really Everton are a well run club that often overachieves given it's smaller resources (in the EPL as a whole, not just compared to Liverpool). So a Jets comparison is just unfair.

Not sure what I would go with come to think of it. Maybe the Cards?

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm actually in the UK and a Mets fan, the av is just from a Topps baseball card thing Lowtax did a while back.

Me too! I'll quickly repeat the point I made for the last guy - If you plan on watching the NFL live your list may need a little revising unless you are a vampire, or you work nights and spend Sunday evening awake. Actually I am exaggerating a little as the second batch of games on Sunday night are not tooooo bad but you have less chance of a featured game with your team (if you are using TV, if you are using a stream I guess it won't matter). Redzone will be your friend in that case. An east coast team will greatly increase your chances of being both a good viewing time and featured.

If you are still sticking to your list I would say the Chargers need to be dropped (sorry SA2K) as you will never see them at a sensible hour.

• Locked thread