Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The entire game will take place during Night 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm posting in this thread while making GBS threads

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anyway :quig: is the scum

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Captain Foo posted:

I'm posting in this thread while making GBS threads

i'm making GBS threads in this thread while posting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote nolynch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

##vote nolynch

Taste alt account spotted.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

Taste alt account spotted.

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote big nothing

Policy vote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

SirSamVimes posted:

I was just trying to get confirmation on that because a mafia vig isn't very likely, but getting lucky with a n0 event seems more plausible.

##vote imgay

This is a very bad vote. "I would believe you were town if you said it was a vig you owned but since you found it clearly you are scum"?????

I don't get this logic at all. Explain.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If he claimed vig then I would remain suspicious of him but it would still be an alibi. An untested and unproven alibi, but still better than nothing. Finding a gun and shooting it means he has no alibi for an extremely anti-town action. Also all this white noise posting makes it hard to actually get a day 1 read so this is the only real thing I have right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why is shooting someone anti-town?

Why did you respond to my comment on your vote being bad almost immediately?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Because I saw it when I was reading through the thread? I see a question aimed at me, and I answer it.

Shooting a random person is an anti-town action because chances are that you are harming your own team. The only people who would know that they're not harming their own team would be those who know who they're allied with, aka scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But flips give us information to go off of. Knowledge is power for town.

You'd make a valid argument of "to shoot so early gives us absolutely nothing but a laugh and that intent is scummy", buuuuuut that isn't what you're saying.

##vote SirSamVimes

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its not like you can get a vig and not use it immediately. I'm usually a high priority target for scum because of my rhetoric and intense content, so I need to use one-shots immediately.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So you think that random vigging is a pro-town action because we know what the dead person is? If we were late enough in the game that people were making cases against each other then I'd understand that view, seeing as a town flip would give us cause to look at people making cases against them more closely but what do we gain from knowing that Hiipfire was a vanilla townie?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

imgay posted:

Its not like you can get a vig and not use it immediately. I'm usually a high priority target for scum because of my rhetoric and intense content, so I need to use one-shots immediately.

:jerkbag:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

So you think that random vigging is a pro-town action because we know what the dead person is? If we were late enough in the game that people were making cases against each other then I'd understand that view, seeing as a town flip would give us cause to look at people making cases against them more closely but what do we gain from knowing that Hiipfire was a vanilla townie?

Ah yes, the argument I said you should have been making earlier, which accompanied my vote for you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The fact that you accompany "knowledge is power" with an argument against "knowledge is power" doesn't make me saying it any less valid.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What is this vanilla town bullshit in this game of bullshit mafia

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
So, let me see if I have this right.

imgay gets a gun, fires it not even two pages into day one despite the high odds of it hitting a townie, and in fact hits a townie. Doesn't wait for a read, doesn't wait for anything even resembling evidence, just picks a random target. If that had been me and I had done that, I would be getting my rear end jumped about my rookie mistake, or you would be assuming I'm scum I guarantee.

Quid has only piped in to defend that one action. He jumped me, now he's jumping Vimes, and is in fact voting Vimes because ????, I don't see how processing what imgay did as suspicious is scummy. Imgay killed a townie under the guise of loljokephase, it was either very stupid town or very blatant scum, and I'm not sure why calling this out is getting railed so hard.

If imgay does come out as scum, this is looking like strong evidence Quid and Asiina are in cahoots with him. The only thing to bring Quid out of hiding has been the issue of imgay offing town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't shoot you, you new

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Also, knowledge isn't power when the only knowledge we picked up was "a townie is dead." Firing without anything to go on was a terrible gamble, if it was a gamble at all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only possibility that renders it as not a gamble would be if imgay knew who not to shoot, such as his scumpals.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Also, knowledge isn't power when the only knowledge we picked up was "a townie is dead." Firing without anything to go on was a terrible gamble, if it was a gamble at all.

you making it sound like i randomly picked a dude, i just wanted to kill hiipfire

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Again, if the argument you made had been "it was a waste of a shot to do it so early," that would be valid. Your argument was "he shot, therefore he scummy because shooting is scummy." That's a disingenuous argument, thus I vote.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it was either very stupid town

To be fair, this is imgay in a few words

Quid jumped on SSV because his first argument was that using the vig was extremely anti town. His explanation about why it was anti town was that it was anti town because chances are you are harming your own team. Well, yeah, if there were more scum than town the game would be over. Any vig, no matter who uses it or how they got it, has a higher percentage chance of hitting town than scum. That argument is fundamentally different than "Shooting someone so early D1 is bad."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

No, I said shooting day 1 was anti town.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

imgay posted:

you making it sound like i randomly picked a dude, i just wanted to kill hiipfire

Seems legit, who else would you have killed if hiipfire wasn't playing?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shooting before there has been any reads or any leads or any information is anti town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Shooting before there has been any reads or any leads or any information is anti town.

That is not what you said. You are trying to paint it as if it was now, which is very scummy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like randomly killing off a player day 1 is a pretty scummy move.

SirSamVimes posted:

D1 vigs are neither cool nor good when they're not even based on any reads.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chaoslord posted:

To be fair, this is imgay in a few words

Quid jumped on SSV because his first argument was that using the vig was extremely anti town. His explanation about why it was anti town was that it was anti town because chances are you are harming your own team. Well, yeah, if there were more scum than town the game would be over. Any vig, no matter who uses it or how they got it, has a higher percentage chance of hitting town than scum. That argument is fundamentally different than "Shooting someone so early D1 is bad."

Who do you think is scum tho

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably jon joe

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

That is not what you said. You are trying to paint it as if it was now, which is very scummy.

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like randomly killing off a player day 1 is a pretty scummy move.

SirSamVimes posted:

D1 vigs are neither cool nor good when they're not even based on any reads.

These are Vimes' first two posts on the subject. If "randomly killing off a player" doesn't mean "killing them without a read or evidence," then I don't know what "randomly killing a player" means. Vimes' argument hasn't changed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Who do you think is scum tho

:iiam:

Workin on it, chief

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the gently caress is jon joe anyways

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Like, there isn't even that many posts to be able to misinterpret, but Quid man you're trying really hard to twist it all away from imgay, even when you admitted there's ways to look at this that paint imgay in a bad light. Phrasing those ways badly isn't scummy, it's just that--bad phrasing. You are really committed to defending imgay, though, even when only one or two people go after him.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I accept "imgay makes bad decisions" as a valid defense, but Quid and Asiina trying to shut down anybody that raises an eye to imgay makes my spider sense tingle.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quid is just white knighting me right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey let's vote for quid ##vote quid

• Locked thread