Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acid Queen
Aug 29, 2006

guaranteed to tear your soul apart
Hullo! Signal's wife here posting in this thread to add more info to the sitch. Feel free to ask me questions about spending, I will tell you how cheap I am (born and raised to be a cheapo). edit: ethnic family woop woop, sorry if it sounded racist!

Credit Cards -- All of them are out of my wallet and in a desk drawer since April. Following advice, when the opportunity arose, I took a "promotional 0% apr balance transfer" from one of the Amex's to the Chase card, so that is one year of 0%.

Old Navy - whoops totally me. Had to get that "professional" wardrobe. They just sent me a new one, but I have tossed it in a drawer and refuse to activate it.

I am now in Grad School, and one of the ideas is to take the remainder of my loan distribution (coming in Sept) and pay it towards Signal's private loans. Or should we make sure to toss it at the Credit Cards?

Acid Queen fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acid Queen
Aug 29, 2006

guaranteed to tear your soul apart
Wifey chiming in on the hair "issues." It was a cut and partial highlight with a stylist at a medium-grade salon. I think my last dye job was about 6ish months ago and don't plan on another one anytime soon. This one was done with the idea that I'm not going to be maintaining it, so this will grow out not looking weird. It sounds ridiculous and you may go "just go to great clips, Nancy is always fantastic!" Or "Revlon has a box for 12.99" but I've already had my hair annihilated by both crappy box dyes and lovely salons, and it costs more to fix that in the long run. And even if Signal was ok with me shaving my head, I'm not ready for that Miley look (and neither are my bosses).

Sorry dudes, ladies hair is complicated. But to reiterate: this is not a reoccurring monthly expense of that amount.

• Locked thread