Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
You have $12000 in credit card debt that is weighing you down and that there is no good justification for - so, I'd suggest you start there, pay minimums on everything else. Sounds like that's what you're doing already. Do you have a sense yet of how much extra you can throw at the cards every month? Are you still using the cards, and if so, how are you keeping your usage under control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I would not even bother thinking about retirement savings until all the credit card and student loan debt is gone. Only exceptions would be if there is a 401k match available, or if some kind of repayment plan or forgiveness is available for the student loans.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Heeeey no racism in BFC please. I think what makes the most sense for loan money that you don't need is to pay it back to the loan it came from. Especially since student loans are supposed to be spent on educational expenses, right? Don't put yourselves in the position of illegally using loan money for personal expenses.

Good job with the credit cards by the way!

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Oh, hey, this thread is not about veskit.

signalnoise posted:

So, OK thread, give me a deliverable to do. What exactly do you want out of mint? I also have YNAB already purchased. What do you want me to show you that I've done?
A number of concrete and useful suggestions have been given already! Get on it.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
DIY is over there. What's your plan for not spending $700 on gaming stuff in August?

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How did that work for you in July?

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What? $175 is like, one trim and highlight at the cheap place at the strip mall. Where the gently caress do you guys get your hair did?

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I remember when a haircut cost me $8 plus $2 tip. I am so old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Male Privilege is being completely oblivious to the cost of women's hair care. :downs:

Any woman who is Financially Serious will obviously shave it off :D

• Locked thread