Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Isn't that exactly the kind of thing you would spent a Fate point for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

I think just an Athletics roll would suffice to get up the dumbwaiter. You could spend a Fate point to declare that it is already on the way up or something and bypass the roll altogether.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Another quick question: What kind of action would it be to use Occult to see if I recognize the attackers' jacket motif? Just a generic 'I am using Occult' roll?

Serf
May 5, 2011

RandallODim posted:

Another quick question: What kind of action would it be to use Occult to see if I recognize the attackers' jacket motif? Just a generic 'I am using Occult' roll?

Yeah, just a general Occult roll would do it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Serf posted:

Yeah, just a general Occult roll would do it.

Is it okay if I edit that into my post, then?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Go for it.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Feel free to use that invoke for Frank's defense, which I'm pretty sure is understood, but I don't have plans for it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Hey Serf, if I want to make sure the pirates don't hear me talking to the tower, what do I have to roll?

Serf
May 5, 2011

e X posted:

Hey Serf, if I want to make sure the pirates don't hear me talking to the tower, what do I have to roll?

It's not a perfect fit, but in this case I'd say roll Stealth to represent finding a more secure channel that they may not be listening on.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Haha dat vehicle roll.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Contemporary picture of Magnus piloting the Ultima Graf :

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If only we had a trained pilot on our team...

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hey Verr, in the game thread, are you attempting to actually cause an explosion or convince the pirates that there's about to be an explosion?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, noticing and being ready to take advantage of an impending explosion. Is that outside of Create an Advantage's scope?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I've had an idea for my last stunt percolating for a bit, and since it seems like it might become relevant now what with my current combat circumstances, I want to run it by for evaluation. It isn't really within the basic stunt outlines, even for Weird Stunts, but the idea of a stunt to represent more desperate tactics and violent attacks as a fight turns bad has stuck with me.

Seeing Red: Gain Weapon: 1 in melee for each point of Physical Stress you take during a combat.

I'll probably make my game post tonight, so thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Might not even be relevant if I roll -2 or better!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I think either Arthur or Frank have an obligation to the genre to jump on that prepping-for-takeoff plane. I'll give first dibs to the pulp hero.

Serf
May 5, 2011

RandallODim posted:

I've had an idea for my last stunt percolating for a bit, and since it seems like it might become relevant now what with my current combat circumstances, I want to run it by for evaluation. It isn't really within the basic stunt outlines, even for Weird Stunts, but the idea of a stunt to represent more desperate tactics and violent attacks as a fight turns bad has stuck with me.

Seeing Red: Gain Weapon: 1 in melee for each point of Physical Stress you take during a combat.

I'll probably make my game post tonight, so thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Might not even be relevant if I roll -2 or better!

I dunno how I missed this post, my bad. I would say this stunt works best for me if you get Weapon:1 per stress box you check off during a combat. I'm open to suggestions though, I like the idea behind it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Verr posted:

I think either Arthur or Frank have an obligation to the genre to jump on that prepping-for-takeoff plane. I'll give first dibs to the pulp hero.

Much appreciated. +2 Vehicles should be enough to land a plane back inside a zeppelin after it inevitably takes off, right?

Serf posted:

I dunno how I missed this post, my bad. I would say this stunt works best for me if you get Weapon:1 per stress box you check off during a combat. I'm open to suggestions though, I like the idea behind it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going for. I was thinking to limit it to just Physical Stress, but I suppose if the time ever comes up that I'm taking Mental Stress in a melee that'd be cause to get more desperate in tactics too. Think I'm going to rename it Desperation or something like that too, just for flavor reasons; less rage, more necessity. edit: Now I'm thinking about some variation that provides a bonus when teammates mark stress too, as a general 'things are getting desperate' that isn't just linked to my own performance, but I don't know if there's a way to make that balanced. Maybe have a bonus when someone goes down, instead?

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 29, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, sorry, for the AWOL, I was on vacation for two weeks and the Internet situation was not what I expected. I am back now and should be able to post later today.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

My sister had a wedding yesterday and I've been caught up in the whole Wedding Fever for the last week and change. Also, who else can see airplane fight?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I think it's only Magnus and Frank who can see the plane that is quickly becoming a threat to the city directly below us, but either could report in about it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah, Magnus and Frank are in the hangar where this is all going down.

Also, at this point in Hong Kong's history, Kai Tak is mostly undeveloped wilderness, so the plane isn't going to crash into any homes. It's just the docking tower and the bridge connecting to Lantau Island. However, just to add a little more danger to it I'll say that if the plane falls it will destroy the only road on the Kai Tak that leads out.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Meant to post today, been a bit busy, but I'll get it in before Monday for sure.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Oh, apologies, I thought the plane was out of the hanger.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Okay, I read through the stuff I missed, but I am not 100% clear on the situation. As I understand it, Yvette are on the bridge and just docked the airship, Frank, Arthur and Magnus are in the hangar and Dhiren boarded the fleeing pirate plane. Is that correct?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

e X posted:

Okay, I read through the stuff I missed, but I am not 100% clear on the situation. As I understand it, Yvette are on the bridge and just docked the airship, Frank, Arthur and Magnus are in the hangar and Dhiren boarded the fleeing pirate plane. Is that correct?

Dhiren is on the bridge with Yvette, Arthur's the one who jumped on the plane.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just to make sure it's clear, I'm waiting to post till Frank's roll resolves before trying to rebalance the plane, in case that might provide the boost necessary to keep if from falling.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, I put a tag on there. Arthur should hit it for a bonus on escaping/saving the plane.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Is the tag already available? I thought Serf had to verify before someone could use it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Yeah, I mostly sent Magnus of to do something else so I could post something and not appear to be back to inactivity again.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sorry about the week-long delay folks. It was crunch time at work and I've just been mentally frazzled every day upon getting home. I'll do my best to get back to frequent posts after this.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

No worries dude. Let us know if we can take a little of the narrative burden off your shoulders. Running and directing these kind of games is way harder than just play-posting.

If everyone else agrees, now might a be good time to fast forward onto the next big action-pulp-roleplaying scene.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, life happens, don't get too stressed about us getting impatient or anything.

And assuming that roll resolves the 'gonna-drop-a-plane' issue, I'm agreeable with a scene shift to our next location of interest. I just made my 'Friends All Over Roll' for arriving in Hong Kong, but uh

Now, who do I know in Hong Kong again? (Contacts): 4dF+4 1

doesn't look like I'm gonna be bringing anything to the table there considering it's a +4 difficulty roll.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I hope it doesn't come of as assholeish that Magnus just disappears from the action, but there wasn't much he could do to secure the plane and I wanted to keep posting. I also went ahead and wrote the "One of the guys" aspect off, since he lost his pirate outfit.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm off on a bit of a short vacation this week, but I'll have more than enough internet access to make posts.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just gonna check with y'all first, but if most everyone is okay with it, we can call this scene and move on to the next in the League HQ in Hong Kong proper. Let me know if you're cool with that.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Yeah, all I had planned was a "Yvette leaves" post.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Let's do it.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm OK with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Somebody refresh my mind, fate points do return at the end of a scene, right?

• Locked thread