Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
*chris nolan blows your ear drums out*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Gravity is keeping me on the ground what is intersteller?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A sweet rear end Beastie Boys tune.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Ant-Man blows 'em both away when Paul Rudd escapes from the quantum microverse by following his little girl's voice.

Cuz he doesn't actually do that, he does some sci-fi fix instead, gently caress that power of love nonsense.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lt. Chips posted:

A sweet rear end Beastie Boys tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g

CytotoxicTrev
Oct 30, 2010

So you see, without my help, they're toast!
Seems like a fair statement to make
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gravity_2013/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/interstellar_2014/

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

nolan sucks. i liked some parts of intersteller but it was garbage as a whole. oddly i liked the musical score. i was expecting the crap from batman and inception where its like this DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG over and over but it was actually good.

i saw gravity in 3d on an 81 foot wide 6 story tall proper IMAX theater with ALL The sound and it was amazing not bored for a moment.

i saw intersteller there too and it just didnt do it for me.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I can relate to this story about a person who is so sad about the death of their child that their life falls apart and they become an astronaut.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the last movie I saw in IMAX was a cool movie about orangutans

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
it was about elephants too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the last movie I saw in IMAX was a cool movie about orangutans
our theater used to have a legit IMAX film projector it looked amazing, it was converted to digital and still looks good, but i tell ya

i usually just watch movies at the big IMAX attached to the museum. that scene in james bond skyfall with the helicopter blowing up the house was so loud and big my ears hurt. good theater, will continue going.

they dont get much selection though. right now is avengers and i think joss wheeadon is a moron and coming up is jurrasic world which i think ill go see.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

intersteller moar liek intersmeller amirite

imrite

or maybe interstinker

whatev

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i'm kind of mixed on my opinion of gravity. i mean, on the one hand it keeps everything nicely planted (rooted?), however on the other hand its somewhat prohibitive in many ways; i can't fly or jump really high because of gravity. which is very hosed up imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

i'm kind of mixed on my opinion of gravity. i mean, on the one hand it keeps everything nicely planted (rooted?), however on the other hand its somewhat prohibitive in many ways; i can't fly or jump really high because of gravity. which is very hosed up imo

kuato, you so crazy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Kuato posted:

our physical bodies are forever caught in a gravity well

you need to look into DTM if you want to actually get intergalactic

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Neither was better than the first two thirds of Sunshine.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Interstellar would've been better if it just ended when Matt trapped himself in the tesseract, with his daughter left hopelessly confused and angry about his abandoning her. Then at least it would've had that classic "man doomed by his own ambition/ego" element to it.

e: Gravity owned.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Shockyourmonkey posted:

Neither was better than the first two thirds of Sunshine.

True. But the last third of Sunshine is is utter trash.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked the scene in Gravity where George Clooney drank vodka

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
So many Sci Fi movies around then just threw away the last act. I have no idea why.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Remember when gravity survived space and you thought she was gonna drown

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

Remember when gravity survived space and you thought she was gonna drown
you knew from the start she was going to make it tho so it was all dramatic irony

she beautiful woman

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
both will be frorgotten

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

you knew from the start she was going to make it tho so it was all dramatic irony

she beautiful woman

her name is Ripely

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

her name is Ripely
id also like to weaver her beaver

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Her name is Ellen Ripley.

Her name is Ellen Ripley.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Orkin Mang posted:

both will be frorgotten

P much. Glad I saw them but 10 years from now meh whatever. I can least give Intertellar points for trying to stick to actual laws of physics as hard as it bends them

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

P much. Glad I saw them but 10 years from now meh whatever. I can least give Intertellar points for trying to stick to actual laws of physics as hard as it bends them
you must be joking. maybe for a bit. then remeber the space car goes up and down every planet. and then at the end of the movie they solve an equation because love conquers all and now gravity doesnt matter. sunshine > both despite the weak 3rd act which I ACTUALLY LIKE BECAUSE IT REMINDED ME OF EVENT HORIZON.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

id also like to weaver her beaver

We all would like to gently caress Ripley.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

numberoneposter posted:

you must be joking. maybe for a bit. then remeber the space car goes up and down every planet. and then at the end of the movie they solve an equation because love conquers all and now gravity doesnt matter. sunshine > both despite the weak 3rd act which I ACTUALLY LIKE BECAUSE IT REMINDED ME OF EVENT HORIZON.

The worst part about Interstellar was doing math with chalk on a chalkboard in the year 20xx. loving elementary schools don't even use chalk anymore.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

interstellar was a great movie. the only thing I didn't like was that sometimes the music would drown out the dialogue. that whole father-daughter love subplot was also pretty stupid. still an amazing movie, though.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

gbaby posted:

Gravity is keeping me on the ground what is intersteller?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Interstellar had one amazing scene (the docking scene) with that amazing music and it was tense and good. The rest of it was OKAY but not like, particularly good or interesting imo. Gravity was more of a rollercoaster ride and I enjoyed watching it more in the cinema than I did with Interestellar

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Gravity is great

Interstellar was ok

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
the bad dust storm thing was dumb they could grow underground

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
eat people plenty of those

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nation posted:

eat people plenty of those
they already made soylent green

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

best sci-fi is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who opened up the convenient wormhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Gravity would have been the best movie ever if she just died after talking to the dude in Japan or wherever he was.

• Locked thread