Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
That intro credit sequence was the highlight of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When Fett's hand was close to worm mom, I had a sudden realization.

If Fett dies, I'm done with this show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eph probably shouldn't be in charge of guns anymore. Rifles, specifically.

Get a shotgun or something semi-automatic, dude.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

That intro credit sequence was the highlight of the episode.

looks like they took some inspiration from the Walking Dead's intro

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I liked the minimalist intro better, this new one looks pretty cheap.

zinc68
Apr 26, 2010
Isn't the clicking sound they make taken directly from Del Toro's other vamp series? Blade II

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

for some reason power plant sabotage meant turning switch from on to off

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Gonz posted:

Eph probably shouldn't be in charge of guns anymore. Rifles, specifically.

Get a shotgun or something semi-automatic, dude.

A shotgun full of silver pellets and the apocalypse ends with a bang.

The new intro is very iZombie.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wormil posted:

A shotgun full of silver pellets and the apocalypse ends with a bang.

except i cant stop repeating 'i AM...awaoooready deeaAAAD" after iZombie... the strain's new intro is just puzzling. why this far into the season? why have an intro at all? the sting they had worked just fine. i guess now they can cut an extra ~30 seconds of story from each episode

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ya weird choice

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

etalian posted:

looks like they took some inspiration from the Walking Dead's intro

I'm thinking they are trying to cross-market the comic book series for The Strain?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Random new show intro. I thought I was just drunk when I saw it. Time to watch the episode again without 5 drunk people talking over me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

At least that's a comedy.

The comic-book-style animation doesn't work well for a supposedly serious series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

except i cant stop repeating 'i AM...awaoooready deeaAAAD" after iZombie... the strain's new intro is just puzzling. why this far into the season? why have an intro at all? the sting they had worked just fine. i guess now they can cut an extra ~30 seconds of story from each episode

They might have wanted to wait until they finally had everyone in the main cast show up. The 100 did something similar when they waited until everyone actually stopped travelling around (partway into season 2 as well) to actually have an opening.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The 100 has a great opening.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

They might have wanted to wait until they finally had everyone in the main cast show up. The 100 did something similar when they waited until everyone actually stopped travelling around (partway into season 2 as well) to actually have an opening.

The 100 got a new intro in episode 2 of the second season. That's pretty different.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

steinrokkan posted:

At least that's a comedy.

The comic-book-style animation doesn't work well for a supposedly serious series.

Well I was hoping it was a sign there would be some intentional comedy for a change.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
What, Lee Harvey Goodweather completely failing to hit his target and then hiding in the book depository wasn't comedy enough for you?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

What, Lee Harvey Goodweather completely failing to hit his target and then hiding in the book depository wasn't comedy enough for you?

he has 0/100 skill with rifles but 95/100 with pistols

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

plainswalker75 posted:

I can't believe he went on this special mission and saved some guys life and left with the most useless gun he could have laid his hands on. Mindboggling!

I found it funny how crazy he looked with that rifle over his shoulder running into the meeting with the councilwoman and the mayor then chiding Setakian for mentioning the Master because that sounds crazy.

This show needs to lean into Shawn of the Dead territory and be about a bunch of idiots who manage to stay alive and save new york by sheer happenstance.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

plainswalker75 posted:

Eichhorst getting shot while gloating about finally catching the pesky kids should be a running gag now. I half expected him to yell "Not again!" when it happened in this episode.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mujaji posted:

I can't believe he went on this special mission and saved some guys life and left with the most useless gun he could have laid his hands on. Mindboggling!

I found it funny how crazy he looked with that rifle over his shoulder running into the meeting with the councilwoman and the mayor then chiding Setakian for mentioning the Master because that sounds crazy.

This show needs to lean into Shawn of the Dead territory and be about a bunch of idiots who manage to stay alive and save new york by sheer happenstance.

If it was Shawn of the Dead, it would be a bunch of idiots getting themselves killed while the rest of the world handles the situation, no problem. Which it seems to be thus far.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
When Eph decided to get rid of Palmer with the devious plan of Shoot With Rifle, I assumed he was pretty good with one. Maybe the audience hadn't been shown that yet, maybe they would do a nice little 'Eph goes hunting' flashback or something, but that yes, Eph could use a rifle.

It fits perfectly with this show that he has no idea what he is doing.

I am annoyed at how blatantly Our Heroes' marksmanship varies according to who they're shooting at - when they shoot at goon vampires, it's always zap, right in the head. Shooting at Vampire Kelly? Can't hit a thing. Shooting at Eichhorst? Forget it, mostly. I guess that's a fairly standard genre problem, though.

I was hoping that since Eph (and Setrakian) had a pretty good idea of where Eichhorst was going (to Fet's apartment), there might have been some effort to infect him with the bioweapon, but alas. Instead, we got the two least badass looking heroes ever. I guess Setrakian is meant to be a sort of tragic figure, obsessed with killing vampires and yet not really physically up to the challenge. But Eph, oh man.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

evenworse username posted:

When Eph decided to get rid of Palmer with the devious plan of Shoot With Rifle, I assumed he was pretty good with one. Maybe the audience hadn't been shown that yet, maybe they would do a nice little 'Eph goes hunting' flashback or something, but that yes, Eph could use a rifle.

I am annoyed at how blatantly Our Heroes' marksmanship varies according to who they're shooting at - when they shoot at goon vampires, it's always zap, right in the head. Shooting at Vampire Kelly? Can't hit a thing. Shooting at Eichhorst? Forget it, mostly. I guess that's a fairly standard genre problem, though.

I was hoping that since Eph (and Setrakian) had a pretty good idea of where Eichhorst was going (to Fet's apartment), there might have been some effort to infect him with the bioweapon, but alas. Instead, we got the two least badass looking heroes ever. I guess Setrakian is meant to be a sort of tragic figure, obsessed with killing vampires and yet not really physically up to the challenge. But Eph, oh man.

holy poo poo i laughed way too hard at that rifle scene. there has to be a parody action movie that didn't take the source material that far into the absurd

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

evenworse username posted:

Aren't Kelly and Eichhorst meant to be more agile when it comes to movement and dodging bullets than regular vamps?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Octy posted:

Aren't Kelly and Eichhorst meant to be more agile when it comes to movement and dodging bullets than regular vamps?

Presumably. But because the show is made by idiots, it just comes off as either awful, or hilarious.

Take the latest episode as an example - Eichhorst "dodges" several bullets by leisurely twisting his torso. But the effect for a bullet hitting the wall plays before he even starts moving, so it looks like he's a loving manchild who pretends to be Neo from Matrix while his enemies are too inept to hit anywhere close to him.

On a more positive note - I liked the fact they actually foreshadowed Ef's inability to use the rifle, shown by his shoulder hurting after each shot. But then it makes no sense that he took this bolt action rifle from the warehouse, rather than some more ubiquitous and more manageable assault rifle.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm assuming that's all that was left.

Tormance
Jan 1, 2011

There you see Arcturus,
and Tormance is its one inhabited planet.
but then we wouldn't get to hear Eichhorst say "Mauser k98"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really like the new opening, odd they have it show up when the season is almost over.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Eichhorst getting shot while gloating about finally catching the pesky kids should be a running gag now. I half expected him to yell "Not again!" when it happened in this episode.

I like how the gang even have their own magic mystery machine van.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
My boyfriend pointed out that since they just made the opening credits, none of those characters are going to die. I mean I knew rat catcher guy was probably safe due to being fan favorite, but it really took the suspense out of the mom scene.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Octy posted:

I assume that's it, but yeah, the show makes basically no effort to show that. They just move around at regular speed, getting missed constantly.

Eph's first shot with the rifle, Eichhorst didn't even know he was there to dodge anything. I mean, that should have been perfect - he was focused on Setrakhian, completely unaware of any other danger ... and it looked like Eph missed by about six feet.

etalian posted:

I like how the gang even have their own magic mystery machine van.

I also love that they kept the bread van.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

steinrokkan posted:

Presumably. But because the show is made by idiots, it just comes off as either awful, or hilarious.

Did anyone else notice the woman wielding nunchuks during the red hook victory speech? There was a woman holding nunchuks.

loving nunchuks.

steinrokkan posted:

Take the latest episode as an example - Eichhorst "dodges" several bullets by leisurely twisting his torso. But the effect for a bullet hitting the wall plays before he even starts moving, so it looks like he's a loving manchild who pretends to be Neo from Matrix while his enemies are too inept to hit anywhere close to him.

There's at least one shot where Eichhorst does his dodge move and the bullet clearly hits like six feet away from him anyway.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love how their plan to cut power to the city was to turn off like 3 switches.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

They even left the manual behind.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ruddiger posted:

When Fett's hand was close to worm mom, I had a sudden realization.

If Fett dies, I'm done with this show.

Same, but for Eichorst. :colbert:

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
I liked when power was restored, Nora was like "The power has stabilized". *cut to four power gauges fluctuating wildly*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DecentHairJelly posted:

I liked when power was restored, Nora was like "The power has stabilized". *cut to four power gauges fluctuating wildly*

She's a bio-chemist, not an electrical engineer!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DecentHairJelly posted:

Did anyone else notice the woman wielding nunchuks during the red hook victory speech? There was a woman holding nunchuks.

loving nunchuks.

Were they silver plated? If not, she's got a nasty surprise coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The finale is going to be a big reveal that the entire series was Zach coping with his parent's divorce by coming up with a fantastical story where his alcoholic turd father is... slightly less alcoholic and turdy in real life but also accomplishes stuff too. Makes sense since everything that's happened so far seems to be a child's imagination, like three switches that can shut off an entire borough.

• Locked thread