Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

it would be too bad if lucha underground is canceled but if it means ricochet is the next dream gate champ I would cope

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tonfa posted:

They said that Liger is going there and not to get a tryout or anything, just being Liger the international star

The idea of them making 50 year old Jushin Liger try out for NXT is too funny

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJPW needs him more right now imo.

I thibk they should trade him to NJPW for Taguchi. His rear end based schtick could actually work in DG's undercard multiman matches against the Mad Blankey C team.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

NJPW needs him more right now imo.

I thibk they should trade him to NJPW for Taguchi. His rear end based schtick could actually work in DG's undercard multiman matches against the Mad Blankey C team.

taguchi and santa maria will be the love affair of this generation, much like how ryo saito and anthony w mori was for the last.

but dg has only mike sydal as a gaijin so i'd reject that trade if i were cima/genki but i don't think rico is contracted by dg anymore so idk!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
taguchi should become an exotico

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

triplexpac posted:

"If he's such a big deal then why has he never stepped foot in a WWE ring?" - Somebody at WWE, Vince probably

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Kevin Dunn: I don't know if you really WANT to pursue a career in wrestling or not. I question your commitment.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that this show is tomorrow morning. Time to start waking up at an insane hour on workdays :(

Next show -
Thursday- July 23rd at 5:30AM EDT - 10:30AM BST from Shizuoka Twin Messe - BLOCK B DAY

Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs Yohei Komatsu and Jay White
Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, and Captain New Japan vs Bullet CLub (Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows, and Cody Hall)
CHAOS (Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Tama Tonga
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, and Mascara Dorada vs (Katsuyori Shibata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Ryusuke Taguchi)
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Hirooki Goto vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Yuji Nagata vs Tomoaki Honma
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Shinsuke Nakamura vs "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Thauros posted:

Reminder that this show is tomorrow morning. Time to start waking up at an insane hour on workdays :(

Next show -
Thursday- July 23rd at 5:30AM EDT - 10:30AM BST from Shizuoka Twin Messe - BLOCK B DAY

Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs Yohei Komatsu and Jay White
Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, and Captain New Japan vs Bullet CLub (Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows, and Cody Hall)
CHAOS (Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Tama Tonga
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, and Mascara Dorada vs (Katsuyori Shibata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Ryusuke Taguchi)
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Hirooki Goto vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Yuji Nagata vs Tomoaki Honma
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Shinsuke Nakamura vs "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson

All the tournament matches apart from Goto-Yujiro are intriguing to me, can't wait for Ishii and Kojima chop city.

If Toru Yano and Yoshi-Hashi don't get dominated like their controller was unplugged, it'll be a disappointment.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

beggar posted:

All the tournament matches apart from Goto-Yujiro are intriguing to me, can't wait for Ishii and Kojima chop city.

If Toru Yano and Yoshi-Hashi don't get dominated like their controller was unplugged, it'll be a disappointment.

This should be a much more consistent night as Block B definitely has a LOT more depth. The next show w(2nd Block A Day) might be the weakest of the tourney.

G1 N1 snowflakes:

Nagata, Liger, TMIV, Komatsu vs Honma, Dorada, Finley, White - ***1/4
Goto+Captain vs Yujiro + Hall - **
Nakamura + YOSHI vs MGKA and Tonga - **3/4
Okada, Ishii, and Gedo vs Kojima, Elgin, and Taguchi - ***
Tenzan vs Gallows - *1/4
Makabe vs YTR - *1/2
Naito vs Fale - *1/4
Styles vs Shibata ***3/4
Tanahashi vs Ibushi - ****3/4

I actually preferred AJ/Shibata to the main, but I was also dead tired for that match

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
2:30 AM Pacific start means this show is basically impossible for me to watch live, it'd be almost 4 AM before the matches worth caring about start. I'm an insomniac, but there are limits even for me.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I think Styles/Shibata was a bit short for Dave's taste. I could have definitely been fine with 5 more minutes.

After the six man tag on the last show, I'm stoked for Okada/Elgin and Ishii/Kojima. Elgin seemed fired up to be in Japan.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
There's no way I can stay up for these, but several of those singles matches look really good!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I didn't even realize until I read it on VOW that this is going to be a limited production show with a single cam and no commentary. I knew there was going to be a few of them, but I didn't think they started this early. The other ones according to the schedule are 7/25, 8/5, and 8/7. Three out of the four are Block B shows too which kinda sucks. That 7/25 show is even pretty loaded with Nakamura vs Nagata, MGKA vs Goto, and Okada vs Honma.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

suck my dick im going to sleep. i preferred g1 as a brutal 10 day slog of singles matches, the first half of each show is going to be skipable pretty much.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

acai moonsault posted:

suck my dick im going to sleep. i preferred g1 as a brutal 10 day slog of singles matches, the first half of each show is going to be skipable pretty much.

This, i agree. Also its dumb that their G1 shows are going to just be hard cam poo poo. I can never get into the matches like that. What other days are hard cam only with no commentary that we can skip.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
wahhh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So no commentary/bells and whistles on this one? That's kinda weird for the first Block B show.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

The feed stopped working for me right at the beginning of the second match. After trying to refresh constantly and use different browsers, I give up. Guess it's a sign that I should go to bed.

edit: I'm an idiot. Wasn't even signed in. :(

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 23, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
AJ and Tama Tonga are a real good team. Push Tama Tonga.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Stupid Japanese. A figure four was applied and I didn't hear one WOO.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
remembered this was on just in time for the first tournament match.

It's really nice that they at least put this on NJPW World. They use this setup for some of the house shows they do leading up to big events too, right?

e: wonder if Meltzer will bother doing snowflakes for this. would be nice if he at least did it for the singles matches

this almost makes me feel like I'm watching this live with a great seat :v:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 23, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

when there's no sound during entrances/after a match it's because they don't have rights to a song, right? what's up with that? do they have broadcast rights for it on traditional TV but not online, or is it because online viewers could be international?

e: good to see the camera guy woke up to focus on this lady's butt, good work everyone

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Stayed up way too late to wake up at 5:30, how was the rest of thes how?

KungFu Grip posted:

This, i agree. Also its dumb that their G1 shows are going to just be hard cam poo poo. I can never get into the matches like that. What other days are hard cam only with no commentary that we can skip.

7/25, 8/5, and /8/7

still a lot better than nothing

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 23, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

loving let's go honma

I don't need commentary or fancy camera angles for this I just need to see this man fall on his brain repeatedly

realtalk if Honma had been signed by ROH for the Field of Honor show next month I would not be trying to get NXT tickets for the show that night

like, sure, Nakamura is cool I guess, but seeing Honma live is something I would be telling my grandchildren about someday

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 23, 2015

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I can't recall seeing a show with a setup quite like this. Normally the single camera shows have the camera placed at a really high angle and there is no video screen or set decoration around the entrance.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dunbar posted:

I can't recall seeing a show with a setup quite like this. Normally the single camera shows have the camera placed at a really high angle and there is no video screen or set decoration around the entrance.

well, it's the G1 so they're gonna have the full setup in the arena. My guess is this is just a cost saving move esp with another show tomorrow. Would've preferred full production for this tho since tomorrow''s show is prob gonna be lame by G1 stadards.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

get the gently caress out of the way photographers!!! christ trying to watch the wrestlers do mat work in this is like half the concerts I've gone to recently where I'm in the front row but assholes with Leicas and Instagram accounts keep darting in front of me to take #1perfectshot #nofilter and I can't see poo poo

e: honma :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

get the gently caress out of the way photographers!!! christ trying to watch the wrestlers do mat work in this is like half the concerts I've gone to recently where I'm in the front row but assholes with Leicas and Instagram accounts keep darting in front of me to take #1perfectshot #nofilter and I can't see poo poo

e: honma :smith:

yesterday's Observer posted:

New Japan President Kaname Tezuka announced they would be expanding merchandising and brand licensing. He also said they are going to cut down on the number of photographers at ringside. The ringside photographers have been a Japanese tradition because the newspapers and magazines have been historically such an important part of the publicity of the business. Tezuka said that there have been many complaints from fans that the photographers block their views and he said cutting down on allowable photographers would help ringsiders see better.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Elgin yelling out his own name like a Pokemon is adorable

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I know nothing about Michael Elgin other than his ring gear is some Solomon Crowe-level bad idea but he seems kinda okay

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
elgin stronk

edit: That was a pretty good match, the apron-to-ring falcon arrow was great.

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/624187829095165952

Biosys fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 23, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that little kid screaming "OKADA"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

were any of the tags worth watching?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

bigo upsetto!!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Well, that's a surprise!

New theme and Karl's been moping about how his career peaked in 2012, is he in line for a push? Can't see much changing as long as he's the linchpin of the mediocre tag division.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

karl anderson sugoi desu ka

Edit: Ooh, ripped off Shinsuke's catchprase!

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
So Honma only beats Yujiro the final night is the easiest prediction I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Anderson going to get some main event winners money as the set up for Nakamura's come from behind win begins.

Skinty knows.

Anderson owns.

• Locked thread