Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow I hope to update the tables with the schedules of the matches yet to happen

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I missed the ending because of the stream stuttering, I hope this doesn't continue throughout the G1, things were fine until the last couple of matches, and especially the main event.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think you mixed up Naito and Ibushi's points!

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Tanahashi plays air guitar better than Ibushi sells.

WWE needs to sell towels so fans can collect John Cena sweat.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 20, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The next card is Thursday at 5:30 EDT - 10:30 BST

Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs Yohei Komatsu and Jay White
Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, and Captain New Japan vs Bullet CLub (Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows, and Cody Hall)
CHAOS (Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Tama Tonga
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, and Mascara Dorada vs (Katsuyori Shibata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Ryusuke Taguchi)
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Hirooki Goto vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Yuji Nagata vs Tomoaki Honma
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin
G1 CLIMAX BLOCK B MATCH Shinsuke Nakamura vs "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson

Jerusalem posted:

I think you mixed up Naito and Ibushi's points!

thanks, fixed. I'm dead tired

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kojima vs Ishii will be sleeper MotN. Believe.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Nagata/Honma should be good too, so hopefully we get 4 good matches out of that show as opposed to just 2 (very very good matches, but still).

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Anderson going to get some main event winners money as the set up for Nakamura's come from behind win begins.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Revised spreadsheets with full schedules:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Spermgod posted:

I don't know why they even bother with limb work in this promotion since nobody sells it anyway.

Every match should be okada/tana at invasion attack 2013 imo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Every match should be okada/tana at invasion attack 2013 imo.

That's literally my favorite match of all time (not saying it's the best but I had the privileged of watching on iPPV as it happened), so sure.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Here are my thoughts on night one if anyone gives a poo poo:

Tenzan/Gallows: I actually enjoyed this. Yeah Tenzan is slow and broken, and Gallows isn't the best opponent for someone like that, but it was quick and fun. I will never tire of seeing Tenzan throw the anaconda vice on motherfuckers. B-

Makabe/Yano: Makabe did Makabe stuff, Yano did Yano stuff. There isn't much else to say here, it was boring beyond Yano's heeling. D+

Naito/Fale: Not a great match, but I'm loving Naito's new character of "yeah, whatever." Also the tear away suit + skull mask is awesome. C-

Styles/Shibata: This was great. If I wanted to show someone how all the best wrestling matches escalate over the course of the fight, i'd show them this. Just great action throughout. My favorite sequence was Shibata kicking Styles' rear end all outside the ring. A

Tanahashi/Ibushi: Good match that had the misfortune of following Styles/Shibata. Both performers doing a lot of great things. B+

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Has Ibushi done that apron to ring German before cause holy poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you just outed yourself as not having watched the match of the year

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
he hit it a lot better this time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

I don't recall seeing one in kazuchika okada and hiroshi tanahashi's match from wrestlekingdom

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

epitasis posted:

The Nakamura one? Guess I'm due for a rewatch.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

oatgan posted:

I don't recall seeing one in kazuchika okada and hiroshi tanahashi's match from wrestlekingdom

TEAM STALKER UNITE

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I'm really enjoying Naito's heel gimmick. But that loving cover he used for the pin was atrocious

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally got to watch the tournament matches (multi mans will be my lunch breaks for the rest of the week). Like everyone, I loved the last two matches. The finish to AJ/Shibata was so clever and I'm glad they delivered when I started yelling at my TV that he'd fake passing out. Ibushi and Tanahashi seemed determined to pack a tournament's worth of punishment into one match. The turnbuckle lawn dart was particularly brutal.

This is my first G1 and I'm so excited. I made up a scorecard but I feel a bit disappointed in myself for not finding the time to do a full bracket. For those who did it, does it feel worth it without the VoW contest on the line?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Very limited knowledge of the product, but I signed up for NJPW world (got my debut card flagged for fraud in the process whoops) and enjoyed day 1. Tama Tonga is fuckin awesome and I dug every bit about him, the way he voodoo witch doctors around the ring is my poo poo.

That fallaway/Samoan that Elgin tried had no chance of working from jump street, but I am glad that big goof committed.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats the first time I've seen him botch that actually

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi NJPW World peeps, question: is there any easy way to stream NJPW World via either a Kindle Fire tablet or XBox One? I know last time I ordered an ROH PPV I used my Kindle and just logged in and streamed via the Kindle browser.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hi NJPW World peeps, question: is there any easy way to stream NJPW World via either a Kindle Fire tablet or XBox One? I know last time I ordered an ROH PPV I used my Kindle and just logged in and streamed via the Kindle browser.

I do not own a Fire or any Android device, but it should work with the mobile web browser. I just tested it on my iPhone 6 for the first time and it worked fine if I'd actually want to watch wrestling on my phone. Sadly there are no console apps available.

My own setup involves attaching my laptop to my tv via an HDMI cable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

I do not own a Fire or any Android device, but it should work with the mobile web browser. I just tested it on my iPhone 6 for the first time and it worked fine if I'd actually want to watch wrestling on my phone. Sadly there are no console apps available.

My own setup involves attaching my laptop to my tv via an HDMI cable.

Okay, I'd imagine it'd work much like the ROH thing did on my Kindle then. Rad. I shall look into joining the ranks of the NJPW watchers once I get some work checks. Thanks Tharous!

I basically avoid streaming via my laptop for fear of overheating, especially during lengthy watches. I wonder if it'd work via the IE browser on the XBone? Vimeo does, but something else I tried did not. I THINK it's down to whether the player uses Flash or not? Maybe?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 21, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really liked how into the main event the crowd was. I want to show that match to everyone who said "the crowd is hot for this!!" for Roman vs Wyatt at Battleground

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
the Respectfully Quiet Japanese Crowd in action

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

beggar posted:

Very limited knowledge of the product, but I signed up for NJPW world (got my debut card flagged for fraud in the process whoops) and enjoyed day 1. Tama Tonga is fuckin awesome and I dug every bit about him, the way he voodoo witch doctors around the ring is my poo poo.

That fallaway/Samoan that Elgin tried had no chance of working from jump street, but I am glad that big goof committed.

I have a Kindle Fire HD7 and I have yet to get NJPW World to work in the lovely silk browser. I rely on my iPhone and a laptop playing on the TV via Chromecast.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=1012

Ricochet vs KUSHIDA has been booked for the G1 Final show.

BUSHI's return has also been announced in a jr multiman where he'll get to pin Yohei Komatsu.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=1012

Ricochet vs KUSHIDA has been booked for the G1 Final show.

BUSHI's return has also been announced in a jr multiman where he'll get to pin Yohei Komatsu.

Wonder if Rico's sticking around Japan and doing another DG tour (starts on 8/1) or if he's done.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
weird to stack a card that's already sold out but maybe it's the only date they could get on Ricochet??

they should team up Dorada and BUSHI and have them go for the Jr tag belts. gently caress it why not.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

weird to stack a card that's already sold out but maybe it's the only date they could get on Ricochet??

they should team up Dorada and BUSHI and have them go for the Jr tag belts. gently caress it why not.

DG's running Ota Ward for the first time so he could be pulling double duty. Noticed in all of the releases he isn't referred to as a DG talent so that leans me more in the direction that he's done.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Spermgod posted:

Sure it's sold out, but is it SUPER NO VACANCY???

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I have a Kindle Fire HD7 and I have yet to get NJPW World to work in the lovely silk browser. I rely on my iPhone and a laptop playing on the TV via Chromecast.

Shiiiit. :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

Voices of Wrestling ‏@voiceswrestling 1h1 hour ago

Looks like Ricochet has been added to all three Sumo Hall G1 shows, not just the final night. Cool.

This also explains why they booked the match for a sold out show. Hopefully he can help the Block A show with a weak card under Tanahashi/Styles draw.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I noticed that during the opening match the commentators mentioned WWE a lot. Obviously that was mostly in reference to Liger, but at points it came across to me as if they were also talking about Komatsu and David Finlay getting tryouts with WWE as well. Might've misunderstood the context, but it would certainly make sense.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Germansimp posted:

I noticed that during the opening match the commentators mentioned WWE a lot. Obviously that was mostly in reference to Liger, but at points it came across to me as if they were also talking about Komatsu and David Finlay getting tryouts with WWE as well. Might've misunderstood the context, but it would certainly make sense.

They said that Liger is going there and not to get a tryout or anything, just being Liger the international star

https://twitter.com/e_key_oide This guy tweets a lot of commentary/promo translation

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 21, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I assumed the Finlay thing was about his dad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it would be too bad if lucha underground is canceled but if it means ricochet is the savior of the new japan juniors division I would cope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think you mean, he'd make a great #2 to KUSHIDA

• Locked thread