Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

acai moonsault posted:

suck my dick im going to sleep. i preferred g1 as a brutal 10 day slog of singles matches, the first half of each show is going to be skipable pretty much.

This, i agree. Also its dumb that their G1 shows are going to just be hard cam poo poo. I can never get into the matches like that. What other days are hard cam only with no commentary that we can skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
anyone else gonna over sleep to skip the opening tags now on

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AJ and Yano have some weird rear end chemistry.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

really good match

first clear thumbs up show of the tour for me

i wouldn't have expected of those tournament matches that it would be naito/shibata that ended up disappointing

Honestly i was expecting worse from Naito due to the Fale match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

They had a commentary team there so I wonder if it has something to do with Samurai TV

Maybe they had a Samurai TV contracted play by play guy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Next show is tomorrow morning and back to being at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST. It'll have full camerawork and graphics, dunno about commentary.

SUN- July 26th at 5:30AM EDT - 10:30AM BST from Hiroshima Green Arena- BLOCK A DAY

Goto, Liger, TM IV and Komatsu vs Honma, Dorada, White, and Finlay
Yuji Nagata and Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Cody Hall)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club ("Machine Gun" Karl Anderson and Tama Tonga)
Satoshi Kojima, Michael Elgin, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Gedo)
G1 Climax Block A Match: Doc Gallows vs Bad Luck Fale
G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Toru Yano
G1 Climax Block A Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs Togi Makabe
G1 Climax Block A Match: Kota Ibushi vs AJ Styles
G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Those top two matches should be great (really looking forward to Tana vs heel Naito) and if anyone can have a cool match with Makabe rn it's gonna be Shibata.

this card looks really bad imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Imagine Nakamura missing out on the rest of the G1, but only coming back so that Honma doesn't get a win this year.

hahahaha what the gently caress yujiro beat nagata?! he's like the only guy besides Honma and Elgin to have 0 points.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nakamura just RT/tweeted that he is off the show tonight too and is very sorry to everyone. Odds are he'll be out of the G1 entirely.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Michael Elgin almost deadlift powerbombed a sandbagging Cody Hall and got Elgin chants for it from the crowd. God bless you tiny tank.

Also Yujiro drat near spiked Jay White with the Tokyo Pimps but some how injured himself badly instead.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The max points Nakamura can get is 12 points so basically Goto has to lose to Kojima or Nagata and Elgin needs to lose every match now.

you dont have ishii's loss to nakamura colored in

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

Can't Nakamura and Goto both get to 14? I'd expect a 3 way Goto/Okada/Nakamura tie all with 14 with Nakamura advancing due to wins over both guys.

whoops did my math wrong when i was figuring out the matches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how did yano roll up a guy by his busted arm

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ricochet could flip off of Nakanishi. Speaking of Nakanishi, he's going to be in NOAH teaming with Maybach Taniguchi and Blue Justice Maybach and Maybach Don.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Uh, could one of you guys who watch NXT as well explain this? Is it a reference to the empty seats, a compliment on the enthusiasm of those who showed up or something else entirely?

Oh, and a reminder that the last block day headlined by Okada/Nakamura is in the morning at 5:30 EDT

i have no idea what that means unless the meltz thinks bayley girl is a plant, which she isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

wait is the show already

2 am i believe yeah.

Just want to say that Komatsu and Tanaka vs reDRagon was pretty good from yesterday.

• Locked thread