Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

quote:

July 7, 2015

Dear Amy: I have a serious problem with my future wife. She has not been faithful to me. I recently overheard her talking to her friend about how she was unfaithful to me. When I confronted her, all that she said was that she couldn’t talk right now. I feel like I have to record everything in my own house just to learn the truth.

To make things even more stressful is the fact that she recently told a couple of people that I hit her, but it’s not true. I did not hit her. I’m not sure why she has been acting like this lately. She did just find out that her mother has breast cancer, and that might be playing a role in her behavior.

We still always find time to make love, so I don’t know why she would go out seeking it from someone else. I just can’t believe she would do this to me. I love her so much, she is my everything, and I don’t know that I could go on without her. She is tearing me apart.

What should I do?

— Devastated

Dear Devasted: The first thing you should do is to NOT get married. Your fiancee’s behavior and your response are the very essence of dysfunction. If you are correct and she is stepping out on you, this is a huge problem. Your declaration that you feel like you “have to record everything … just to learn the truth” is chilling. Her counter-accusation that you hit her is potentially very dangerous for you.

Because of an escalation in behavior I sense in both of you — and the seemingly toxic connection between you two — it would be wisest for you to separate. Seek the support of close friends, family, and a professional counselor to help you deal with this loss and change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sever/therapy my man

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

Amy sucks, Jonathon would've knocked it out of the park like always

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Amy is the sister.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I remember one time, the one single historic time when Miss Manners recommended violence as a solution to an ettiquite problem. Some lady wrote in about how whenever they went out to eat her friend would always pick food off of her plate and eat it, and is the polite thing to do to tell her to knock it off, or pretend you don't notice, or what. Miss Manners wrote that picking food off of other people's plates is extremely dangerous because you could get stabbed in the hand with a fork if the person whose plate you're snatching off of doesn't see your hand. So the correct thing to do in this situation would be the next time her friend picks food off her plate to stab her in the hand with the fork really hard, like at least hard enough to draw blood, and then apologize profusely and mean it. She was very serious about the fact that if the apology wasn't genuine, it would be the letter writer and not her food-mooching friend who was at fault, but as long as you say "I'm really sorry" and mean it, it's okay to loving STAB PEOPLE AT THE DINNER TABLE.

Anyway that's my Miss Manners story thanks for reading.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Network Pesci posted:

I remember one time, the one single historic time when Miss Manners recommended violence as a solution to an ettiquite problem. Some lady wrote in about how whenever they went out to eat her friend would always pick food off of her plate and eat it, and is the polite thing to do to tell her to knock it off, or pretend you don't notice, or what. Miss Manners wrote that picking food off of other people's plates is extremely dangerous because you could get stabbed in the hand with a fork if the person whose plate you're snatching off of doesn't see your hand. So the correct thing to do in this situation would be the next time her friend picks food off her plate to stab her in the hand with the fork really hard, like at least hard enough to draw blood, and then apologize profusely and mean it. She was very serious about the fact that if the apology wasn't genuine, it would be the letter writer and not her food-mooching friend who was at fault, but as long as you say "I'm really sorry" and mean it, it's okay to loving STAB PEOPLE AT THE DINNER TABLE.

Anyway that's my Miss Manners story thanks for reading.

I think you made this up, bitch

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xp2lgiAjY

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Dear Amy:

I met a man a while back, and against better judgement I let him into my house. I didn't realize at the time that he hacked my computer so that he could receive all my log-in information and pictures I store on my computer. Additionally he set up a webcam that was pointed directly at my bed so he could watch me while I sleep. I've since discovered that he is a pedophile, rapes unconscious women, and makes several death threats. What should I do?

-CREEPED OUT

Dear Creeped:

Call the police on Granos.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

I did naht hit her. It's naht true. It's bullshit. I did naht hit her, I did naaaaht.

Oh Hai, Mark.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

Amy sucks, Jonathon would've knocked it out of the park like always

ask amy, ask jonathan, ask j'amy

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I did naht hit her. It's naht true. It's bullshit. I did naht hit her, I did naaaaht.

Oh Hai, Mark.

I didn't catch that at first! I don't think things end well for 'Devastated'.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Aw man I was hoping the 21 year old was a referrence to

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

fyodor posted:

im pansexual

People who say this often forget that animals and children are a subset of "everything"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ork of Fiction posted:

People who say this often forget that animals and children are a subset of "everything"

he just wants to gently caress satyrs

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
that was the most amazing ask amy response i've ever read, but its also the only ask amy response i've ever read, which makes it the worst

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Digiwizzard posted:

that was the most amazing ask amy response i've ever read, but its also the only ask amy response i've ever read, which makes it the worst

same

but your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Another good one: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...f484_story.html

DEAR AMY: I recently discovered that my son, who is 17, is a homosexual. We are part of a church group and I fear that if people in that group find out they will make fun of me for having a gay child.

He won’t listen to reason, and he will not stop being gay. I feel as if he is doing this just to get back at me for forgetting his birthday for the past three years — I have a busy work schedule.

Please help him make the right choice in life by not being gay. He won’t listen to me, so maybe he will listen to you. -- Feeling Betrayed

DEAR BETRAYED: You could teach your son an important lesson by changing your own sexuality to show him how easy it is. Try it for the next year or so: Stop being a heterosexual to demonstrate to your son that a person’s sexuality is a matter of choice — to be dictated by one’s parents, the parents’ church and social pressure.

I assume that my suggestion will evoke a reaction that your sexuality is at the core of who you are. The same is true for your son. He has a right to be accepted by his parents for being exactly who he is.

When you “forget” a child’s birthday, you are basically negating him as a person. It is as if you are saying that you have forgotten his presence in the world. How very sad for him.

Pressuring your son to change his sexuality is wrong. If you cannot learn to accept him as he is, it might be safest for him to live elsewhere.

A group that could help you and your family figure out how to navigate this is Pflag.org. This organization is founded for parents, families, friends and allies of LGBT people, and has helped countless families through this challenge. Please research and connect with a local chapter.

• Locked thread