Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
For all of us mature adults who live on their own we face a serious daily struggle with pizza boxes too big for our trash bags. Instead of making the walk of shame to the dumpster with a unweidly stack of pizza boxes you just let them pile up.

Well I was fed up. I searched around and found a solution for us all

The Herculus Vertical Baler

http://www.chdist.com/product/hercu...wcB#prettyPhoto

It crunches them down into cardboard rectangles and wraps them for you. Admittedly, the end result is quite a bit heavier, but you seem like a hardcore badass carrying this to the dumpster rather than a shut in loser who eats pizza all the time. Truly win win, and worth every penny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.
Are you telling me you hate the earth and don't recycle

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Cool

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Stik3 posted:

this is like pro tier recycling scrub.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I just fold and stomp on them until they fit.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Tricky D posted:

lmao enjoy your floor full of crumbs god drat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i burn mine and use the resulting ash as seasoning on my next pizza

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Lol, Just Lol if you don't save them up and make a huge fort out of them.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Cut them up and use them as greasy, tasty plates.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tricky D posted:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

VendaGoat posted:

Lol, Just Lol if you don't save them up and make a huge fort out of them.

pretty princess castle :mad:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

crispix posted:

pretty princess castle :mad:

After that much pizza? :confused:

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

I use my pizza boxes so send eBay items.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

After that much pizza? :confused:

this is some pretty problematic fatshaming right here.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stik3 posted:

You can't recycle used pizza boxes. Please say you're not doing it. The grease ruins the recycling process at the plant.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol just lol if you cant bend it with your knee

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Yeah, I can fit that enormous baler next to the fridge. (Can't you just bend the box in half and shove it in a bag?)

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
good enws, you can just throw your garbage on the ground

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Vegetable posted:

You can't recycle used pizza boxes. Please say you're not doing it. The grease ruins the recycling process at the plant.

this is actually not true

as long as it's not covered in cheese and garbage little caesars hot-n-ready its fine

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I was folding up a pizza box pressing it against my chest. It was giving quite a bit of resistance until the big sharp knife I left in it broke.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lmao enjoy your floor full of crumbs god drat

enjoy your industrial baler full of crumbs lol drat

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I burn them so that we get a nice smokey smell in here and then it goes up into the sky and makes stars.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The motor for the hydraulics won't run off 120/240V. You could probably find a way to replace the motor and modify the wiring without too much fuss.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 20, 2015

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

this is actually not true

as long as it's not covered in cheese and garbage little caesars hot-n-ready its fine
No you can't.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/04/can-you-recycle-pizza-boxes-kinda-sorta-maybe.html

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

my local recycling facility encourages recycling pizza boxes even if there's a little bit of grease on it:

quote:

Frank Gallagher, spokesman for the ecomaine regional waste disposal consortium, said that may be an oversimplification, because recyclability depends on how much contact the food has had with the container.

"A great example is a pizza box," Gallagher said. "If there is a little bit of grease, it is (still) recyclable.” He also said nothing in the Portland trash stream becomes "landfill" because ecomaine burns solid waste to generate energy.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

just roll the box up like a newspaper.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Uh I take them back to the pizza place like you're supposed to. Those aren't free you know.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Recycle your used pizza boxes into megablunts

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i piss and poo poo in my pizza boxes and frisbee them out the window

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how is the end result heavier than the original box just because it has been mashed into a cube

that is like literal 4 year old logic

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Moridin920 posted:

how is the end result heavier than the original box just because it has been mashed into a cube

that is like literal 4 year old logic

because it takes multiple boxes to make the bale

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fuckin vague OP n poo poo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I eat the box.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stik3 posted:

you can drive the biggest hummer you can get your hands on and throw all your trash in to the street for the rest of your life and it's going to have less of an effect on the earth than a factory will lmao people who drive priuses arent doing poo poo for earth

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

you can drive the biggest hummer you can get your hands on and throw all your trash in to the street for the rest of your life and it's going to have less of an effect on the earth than a factory will lmao people who drive priuses arent doing poo poo for earth

and all the factories in the world wont be poo poo if a supervolcano erupts, blanketing the sky with ash the world over

basically death is certain

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
and i lust for it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

in fact you could make the argument those things allow people to continue being consumer whores buying poo poo nonstop from those factories/companies because they feel good for sorting the monumental amount of trash they generate.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I used to work in a warehouse and was in charge of the industrial pizza box crusher, ama

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton Ape posted:

I used to work in a warehouse and was in charge of the industrial pizza box crusher, ama

did you ever put your dick in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
lol my cleaning lady takes care of them.

• Locked thread