Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
I got into it recently with some former soldiers and marines (I'm Nat'l Guard infantry) about the possibility of an armed civilian force, like a militia group or something, successfully fighting an actual deployment-ready military force. I'm of the opinion that the civilians would be soundly routed, but would like to know what the forum thinks of this and the chances from either side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those folks want to die in a blaze of glory taking people with them. They'll be lucky to take down 6 or 7 twenty year old kids before their airsoft crew gets wiped out by first responce. Like suicide bombers, but not nearly as efficient.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
Bubba bumpfire and his merry men would be wiped off the loving map by one drone/apache.

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
why fight when u can vote democrat

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
jade helm is real

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A smart revolutionary would start by striking at the heart of the US military's most vital supply lines by seizing Rip-It and Skoal warehouses and manufacturing facilities.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think it'd be more like the Branch Davidians at Waco.

Dudes killed several federales which stunned everyone, and then they got their poo poo burned down.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
The national guard in my home town are a bunch of mouth breathing retards who I wouldn't trust to fill sandbags. P Sure i could revolt against them easy.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

When you're referring to militia groups in this context they more resemble an insurgency than an actual militia, and considering that they would require extensive support from the civilian populace. Otherwise there would be no logistics, recruitment, funds, or safe havens. So for an american insurgency to have any kind of chance it would require our economy/government to be pretty much in its death throes to begin with. In the real world, Jim Bob Hitler and his white power christian militia would be rounded up by law enforcement long before the military would get involved.

But since we're actually talking about a 1-on-1 "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of fight, it would resemble something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Branis posted:

The national guard in my home town are a bunch of mouth breathing retards who I wouldn't trust to fill sandbags. P Sure i could revolt against them easy.

They're mouth breathing retards everywhere.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Half of those mouth breathing militia types are in the military. I don't even know what my point is. Army is gay, civilian militias even gayer? I don't know.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

You're pretty stupid if you're in the military, you're even stupider if you play army man for free.

Am I doing this right?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

All those militia types claim to have been green beret/SEAL/pararescue/delta force/rainbow six so the way I figure it they have a pretty good chance

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
how many people in the military jerk off to the idea that they are 3%er oathkeepers that will disobey obamas orders to disarm american citizens to pave the way for the UN blue helmet army to invade?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want to know whether the militias or the UN/CHICOMS will win in a battle.

I think that's the important question here

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The UN couldn't even handle a bunch of Somalis tbh

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Whip Slagcheek posted:

This is probably the funniest part of the "blue helmets gonna get us all" conspiracy...in it's history the UN has done the following regarding military action:

- fought a bunch of Chinese to a stalemate (and that was when they had the US and most of the Western world on their side)
- hosed around repeatedly in the vicinity of Israel without accomplishing much of anything other than getting some troops from UN-contributing nations killed for no reason
- Pointlessly got their rear end kicked by some Katangans
- Gotten hosed up by some Somalis
- "Accidentally" oversaw the genocide of a whole lot of Bosnian Muslims
- Turned a blind eye to the Rwandan genocide
- Spent a lot of money to accomplish absolutely nothing in the Congo

The fact that anyone is afraid of this organization is comical.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

iyaayas01 posted:

This is probably the funniest part of the "blue helmets gonna get us all" conspiracy...in it's history the UN has done the following regarding military action:

- fought a bunch of Chinese to a stalemate (and that was when they had the US and most of the Western world on their side)
- hosed around repeatedly in the vicinity of Israel without accomplishing much of anything other than getting some troops from UN-contributing nations killed for no reason
- Pointlessly got their rear end kicked by some Katangans
- Gotten hosed up by some Somalis
- "Accidentally" oversaw the genocide of a whole lot of Bosnian Muslims
- Turned a blind eye to the Rwandan genocide
- Spent a lot of money to accomplish absolutely nothing in the Congo

The fact that anyone is afraid of this organization is comical.

plus they wear blue helmets

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet a real militia would get stomped because they'd try to uh, operate like a militia, but the army's proven it's insanely hard to stop people from setting up IEDs and throwing grenades off of rooftops and poo poo.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The people who are considering uprising against the government are also the people who believe in chem trails and other poo poo.

Just fly a bunch of planes around and "gas em" by having ridiculous amounts of chem trails, then shoot the people walking around with gas masks.

There, I solved the uprising crisis.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Militia trying to carry out attacks would get one freebie during reaction time then SWAT would gently caress their worlds up WACO style. Straight up military would not have to get involved until it was some kind of ludicrously large, verging on invading-army size, force. At that point real military would get involved and then curb stomp some motherfuckers with drones and poo poo. What all these "oathkeeper" chuckle fucks fail to realize is that their plans for an armed conflict against the government are deluded wankery they just stroke their dicks to so they can feel relevant and superior in an increasingly globalised and uncaring world. Any sort of conflict of that sort would have to START with splintering the military from the government in a "hey that's Dave from over on Main Street. He just wants to feed his kids, not attack my platoon" way, which none of the doomsday prepper numbnuts are even thinking about in the action-hero movies they play in their head.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
All I know is, I would totally round up rebels into camps in exchange for six figures a year plus medical and dental.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SumYungGui posted:

Militia trying to carry out attacks would get one freebie during reaction time then SWAT would gently caress their worlds up WACO style. Straight up military would not have to get involved until it was some kind of ludicrously large, verging on invading-army size, force. At that point real military would get involved and then curb stomp some motherfuckers with drones and poo poo. What all these "oathkeeper" chuckle fucks fail to realize is that their plans for an armed conflict against the government are deluded wankery they just stroke their dicks to so they can feel relevant and superior in an increasingly globalised and uncaring world. Any sort of conflict of that sort would have to START with splintering the military from the government in a "hey that's Dave from over on Main Street. He just wants to feed his kids, not attack my platoon" way, which none of the doomsday prepper numbnuts are even thinking about in the action-hero movies they play in their head.

but you dont understand! A BLACK MAN STOLE THE PRESIDENCY.

TWICE

AND HES NOT EVEN AMERICAN

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

sausage paddy posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

sausage paddy posted:

Democrats don't know how to fight. All they know is to pull out. Unfortunately, that works neither in the global arena nor the backseat of a Prius. Even more unfortunate is this: so long as they keep failing, they'll keep producing more stinky hippie crotch spawn, bleeding heart Neil Young songs, and swing votes.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

ded posted:

but you dont understand! A BLACK MAN STOLE THE PRESIDENCY.

TWICE

AND HES NOT EVEN AMERICAN

No poo poo this is the static i get when i call out people on the Cliven Bundy set about their fantasy

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

MurderBot posted:

The people who are considering uprising against the government are also the people who believe in chem trails and other poo poo.

Just fly a bunch of planes around and "gas em" by having ridiculous amounts of chem trails, then shoot the people walking around with gas masks.

There, I solved the uprising crisis.

This is poetic.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
would anyone in this scenario on either side be able to shoot straight with such raging erections

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The militia won't be. But the us armed forces have a lot of experience erect shooting since 9/11.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Neither could we. :shrug:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Haha the militia types around me are fairly confident that the Utah national guard will join them on their siege of hill airforce base when the time comes.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

i bet a real militia would get stomped because they'd try to uh, operate like a militia, but the army's proven it's insanely hard to stop people from setting up IEDs and throwing grenades off of rooftops and poo poo.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Uh not if we just let a b-52 level the entire city block.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
public opinion doesn't matter when you're leveling the public with JDAMs

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

public opinion doesn't matter when you're leveling the public with JDAMs

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Dead Reckoning posted:

All I know is, I would totally round up anyone into camps in exchange for six figures a year plus medical and dental.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Anybody could give any modern military fits if they were all-in. But Americans have more to lose than the revolutionary dirt-farmers you see on TV. And they have zero incentive to gamble their comfort on anything short of an invasion by a foreign enemy.
You could set fire to the 2nd amendment tomorrow and, aside from a slight uptick in redneck domestic terrorism, most people would be completely unaffected in their daily lives.

Even if the Federal gov't were rounding up *ethnic group/religious group* and tossing them in the ovens, 99% of Americans would take cable over testicle-applied jumper cables. Occupy Wall Street folded to boredom.

edit:

Dead Reckoning posted:

All I know is, I would totally round up rebels into camps in exchange for six figures a year plus medical and dental.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 23, 2015

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
So what are the chances I get to see an A-10 strafe a teaparty rally in my lifetime?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Victor Vermis posted:

Occupy Wall Street folded to boredom.

And because we boot stomped them. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB