Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Byers2142 posted:

Like I said privately, mistakes happen, and I stand by removing us but not punishing us as the best resolution to the problem.

It was probably the best solution out of the listed options, but it profoundly hosed the scum team. Your second kill would have let us kill Townies as fast as they could be confirmed.

Also Opop shouldn't have been able to self-motivate - that would have helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

It was probably the best solution out of the listed options, but it profoundly hosed the scum team. Your second kill would have let us kill Townies as fast as they could be confirmed.

Also Opop shouldn't have been able to self-motivate - that would have helped.

Self motivating effectively doesn't do much of anything though, and he could only motivate a target once

Motivating himself means he can't motivate anyone else, so using the double motivate just concentrates it into one night instead of two. It's still the same number of effective motivates either way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

Self motivating effectively doesn't do much of anything though, and he could only motivate a target once

Motivating himself means he can't motivate anyone else, so using the double motivate just concentrates it into one night instead of two. It's still the same number of effective motivates either way

Yeah I think the setup was fine, scum had some bad luck and some bad play and its not your fault they got run over.

It IS your fault that you didn't clean out your inbox so I wasn't able to watch myself the night I died like I wanted to.

I really don't keep track of these things but it feels like my team has won like at least the last 10 games in a row I have played. Go me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also love being part of a Trusting Town that can work together like we did, that's always awesome.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

haha

n1 i stopped imgay from killing pmom

welp

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

haha

n1 i stopped imgay from killing pmom

welp

the scum team had a shared 1x BP that would have stopped that kill anyway

but yeah you stopped that from getting used up :3:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had a crazy scenario in my head where ernie was scum and I was going to bust it wide open tomorrow, but glad I made everyone switch instead

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I had a crazy scenario in my head where ernie was scum and I was going to bust it wide open tomorrow, but glad I made everyone switch instead

You were truly a hero.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

man tomorrow would have been amazing. i would've been like 'RIGHT, LETS LUNCH OPOP' and you would've done this and we would've ruined the game together :hfive:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

man tomorrow would have been amazing. i would've been like 'RIGHT, LETS LUNCH OPOP' and you would've done this and we would've ruined the game together :hfive:

My plan was to empower exact and then catch you not jailing him

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

My plan was to empower exact and then catch you not jailing him

never would have happened

also if i did that, i'd only jail asiina because if i were scum jailer i couldn't be scum godfather

:(

i can't believe i have to argue against this case post-game, opop!!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I could have stayed in the game long enough for ernie to unleash his case on me

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imgay posted:

I wish I could have stayed in the game long enough for ernie to unleash his case on me

i don't know what it was but this game you were incredibly transparent

i kept going 'holy poo poo this is such a bad guy sense of humor'

it's a case that wouldn't convince anyone though

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wasn't a bad guy tho

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

imgay posted:

i wasn't a bad guy tho

I COULD SMELL YOUR BLOODLUST

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
It was a good game with an interesting setup, thanks for running it and putting up with me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey we won, that's cool

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

never would have happened

also if i did that, i'd only jail asiina because if i were scum jailer i couldn't be scum godfather

:(

i can't believe i have to argue against this case post-game, opop!!

I figured RB

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Ernie. posted:

i don't know what it was but this game you were incredibly transparent

i kept going 'holy poo poo this is such a bad guy sense of humor'

it's a case that wouldn't convince anyone though

I was getting ready to bus imgay when we "won." Hal, you, and me would have been a strong core of imgay voters.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Byers2142 posted:

I was getting ready to bus imgay when we "won." Hal, you, and me would have been a strong core of imgay voters.

Mate, you admitted to being a Survivor with an NK. There was absolutely no chance of you making it to the end of the day, let alone running a bus on anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Jedit posted:

Mate, you admitted to being a Survivor with an NK. There was absolutely no chance of you making it to the end of the day, let alone running a bus on anyone else.

I'm fairly confident I could have pulled it off, actually.

• Locked thread