Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

aggressive shoppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nefarious posted:

it's cool i'm poor and i've shopped at costco but lol if you think a costco membership means you're better than a walmart shopper

Unlike Walmart Costco has good pay and work benefits.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GORDON posted:

This is an exaggeration because when I am grocery shopping at Walmart I wear a monocle and top-hat while twirling a cane, with class, sometimes while whistling a jaunty tune. So. Not all the shoppers.
Hm. Interesting. By chance do you have le extremely epic rage comic face while you do this?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ROFLburger posted:

yeah no poo poo. we're talking about the shopping experience though ,scrub

its live every other store. you go in, select goods, pay, and leave

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if you unironically shop at wal mart loving lol

the waltons need to be put into metal cages and burned alive

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I'm that dude with the cart in the middle. Respect my space, please.

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
I live in an area of California with a lot Asians and Indians. Give a bunch of people with no ability to drive or concept of personal space gigantic loving carts and yah... it's a gigantic clusterfuck.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Divine Styler posted:

I live in an area of California with a lot Asians and Indians. Give a bunch of people with no ability to drive or concept of personal space gigantic loving carts and yah...

they can't drive good much less fly.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
120 cans of diet Dr pepper? i dont need or even want that but at this price id be an idiot not to buy

poo poo i miss costco

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

burritolingus posted:

Costco is the best.

wow, i totally can't tell you're going bald

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Costco is the poo poo. I spend around 40K/year there for work related poo poo. I can get a lot of things from them cheaper than my distributor. That said, 9am on a Tuesday is the time to go.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Costco is p sweet OP sorry about the 'tism.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Could always be worse. There's a lovely Costco clone in Ohio called BJ's (heh*) that tries to trick you into buying a membership when everything there costs more than Wal-Mart, cheaper than Target at best. Still almost worth it not to bump elbows with Wal-Mart shoppers.

*heh heh

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Nefarious posted:

it's cool i'm poor and i've shopped at costco but lol if you think a costco membership means you're better than a walmart shopper

It must be nice man, just bumbling through life with objectively wrong opinions, poor as poo poo but comfortable in your stupidity, just sitting around waiting for a prole's death. There's a simplistic appeal to that somehow.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol at when they have bad tasting stuff like hipster rice or weird pasta as a free sample and nobody but my wife wants to try it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Phobic Nest posted:

Could always be worse. There's a lovely Costco clone in Ohio called BJ's (heh*) that tries to trick you into buying a membership when everything there costs more than Wal-Mart, cheaper than Target at best. Still almost worth it not to bump elbows with Wal-Mart shoppers.

*heh heh

We have BJs where I live and my autisic coworker once blurted out "I like BJs" out of the blue with no context and I was supposed to just assume he went shopping with his wife. What a retard.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nefarious posted:

This sounds like, "Sometimes I go to costco with my mom to buy groceries."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Applewhite posted:

lol at when they have bad tasting stuff like hipster rice or weird pasta as a free sample and nobody but my wife wants to try it.

what hipster rice or weird pasta? i don't recall them having any. they do have a quinoa pasta that's really loving good and a lot healthier though.

e: one thing that sucks about them is they'll introduce a new product or something and you'll fall in love, the next month it's gone forever :(a

I miss aronia berry juice they used to have in the late 90s/early 00s.

They also used to have a big box of dolmas that was honestly some of the best dolmas ive ever had. gently caress I wish they'd bring that back. Then there was a Ticker Pepper cheese that was really good that was only there for a couple months.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 20, 2015

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Winco is best grocery store.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

what hipster rice or weird pasta? i don't recall them having any. they do have a quinoa pasta that's really loving good and a lot healthier though.

I dunno but it's a gross grain that's served cold. Weird pasta is when food scientists try to do new things with pasta.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The hard liquor is cheap too.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Nefarious posted:

costco is for poor people delusional enough to think paying a membership fee means they aren't poor

Yeah this sounds about right. It's for poors who think they're middle class.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i used to sell cell phones inside of costco and it was a pretty interesting job

there was a lot of millionaires who shopped at my store, though. a lot of them dress like poo poo and are total cheap assholes but i guess that's how you stay rich. frankie muniz also shopped at my store.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

burritolingus posted:

Yeah this sounds about right. It's for poors who think they're middle class.

it's for poors who inexplicably have enough closet space for 40 lbs of toilet paper and like a year's worth of coffee

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Costco is the essence of the american dream

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

numberoneposter posted:

working the cafeteria at costco looked like a terrible way to spend your days though.

they get what passes as a living wage in most us states and a full medical plan. working costco cafeteria may suck but they're better off than most american employees.

yes massuh ah work fo' you fo' free! oh lawd, you is gonna pay me in experience? oh thank you praise jayzus!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Affe mk2 posted:

it's for poors who inexplicably have enough closet space for 40 lbs of toilet paper and like a year's worth of coffee

its called a garage

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
You'd be surprised how much cheap poo poo poor people fit into a trailer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I just use my car as a mobile storage since I rarely use it :shrug: Pretty good to keep some of the basics since most of my closet/cupboards is full

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lol if life is so awful you are excited by 10kg of powdered cheese balls

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Chinatown posted:

its called a garage

fine poors who inexplicably have a house with a garage

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
thats where i buy the diapers that i wear on purpose

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My thread in PYF wants to fight you and we will win because you are a pussy rear end bitch who can't push some Asian lady's cart out of your way.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

costco has cheap and good fresh fruit. that's worth the price of admission

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Grem posted:

My thread in PYF wants to fight you and we will win because you are a pussy rear end bitch who can't push some Asian lady's cart out of your way.

thats great, thanks for sharing. does this incredible thread have a link? or are you just a colossal rear end in a top hat?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
lmao i didnt think so dumb idiot bitch

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
op owns

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

FordPRefectLL posted:

i used to sell cell phones inside of costco and it was a pretty interesting job

there was a lot of millionaires who shopped at my store, though. a lot of them dress like poo poo and are total cheap assholes but i guess that's how you stay rich. frankie muniz also shopped at my store.

You sure he doesn't work there now?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

etalian posted:

Costco is the essence of the american dream

While Wal-Mart is the reality.