Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
what the gently caress is the appeal of the fantastic four

they're literally what a churchgoer thinks of when you say superhero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cram me sideways posted:

Doctor Doom and Reed breaking the universe at times.

Also you get Galactus and Skrulls with the license.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ryan Reynolds is really excited to be the one to kill the superhero boom. A character that only turbonerds care about plus Reynolds' box office poison means this is preordained to flop.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Reynolds didn't know who Deadpool was during the Wolverine movie. His brother gave him some comics after.

he still totally nailed portraying Wade in the early scenes of the movie

muscles like this? posted:

A character that only turbonerds care about

you mean a character that's a deliberate and unashamed mockery of standard comic-book superhero melodrama?

you got it backward. it's the turbonerds that don't like Deadpool. as a character he takes a steaming dump all over the 'graphic novel' label / man-child codespeak

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 20, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2sbzgo4wQ

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Cyberball 2072 posted:

So was robocop now please watch robocop the cartoon and robocop the cap firing toy also his robo-copter and these other sweet things with robo in the name

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i want the movie to be good but the leaked trailer looks like poo poo

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
ryan renolds better wear his brown pants to the premier :grin:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gfanikf posted:

Regardless no way its going to be worse than the Fantastic Four movie made by the dude who got shitcanned off a Star Wars movie.

That dude made Chronicle, and it has a good cast. Meanwhile, Star Wars has been poo poo since 1983

maybe they fired him because they thought he might break their streak and actually make a good movie.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boom boom boom posted:

That dude made Chronicle, and it has a good cast. Meanwhile, Star Wars has been poo poo since 1983

maybe they fired him because they thought he might break their streak and actually make a good movie.

It does not have a good cast at all, mostly a bunch of b list scrubs. They couldn't even pick a decent actor for Doom. He also got fired for being a massive shitlord who couldn't manage a set and had massive tantrums...and had his small dogs tear up a rented place.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Johnny Knoxville would have been better in the roll but, oh well. The trailer makes it look fun

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Throwdown posted:

Johnny Knoxville would have been better in the roll but, oh well. The trailer makes it look fun

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Maybe he'll get to be Bob, Agent of (Not) Hydra if it gets a sequel

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
rip joker138 you drowned in a sea of your own nerd poo poo careposts

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

why don't people like ryan reynolds

rich, famous, attractive, bangs hot women...

what's not to be hatefully jealous of?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
it's too obvious he gets pushed for marketing reasons: he's inoffensive and has no personality, hence why they believe everybody can like him. But no one does because there's nothing to like there, just a generic bland face and a gym body.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

His major problem is being in bad movies, he isnt a bad actor.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

deadpool is officially goon-sanctioned monkey cheese and i can't figure out why

if any other character did what deadpool does they'd be loving crucified

but since it's deadpool it's okay so ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he likes pancakes and enchilladas tPIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG HE BROKE THE FOURTH WALL AHAHAHAHA

Even most Deadpool fans will admit that a lot of Deadpool is nothing but terrible, unfunny monkey cheese garbage. I am a Deadpool fan and freely admit that. But when a writer gets it right, and makes it more than that, it's pretty good.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Do you people who say "monkey cheese" realize it makes you sound like a mouth breathing retard? Just say "random" like a normal person who is not a total idiot.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

midnightclimax posted:

it's too obvious he gets pushed for marketing reasons: he's inoffensive and has no personality, hence why they believe everybody can like him. But no one does because there's nothing to like there, just a generic bland face and a gym body.

beta jealousy

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Hobohemian posted:

Do you people who say "monkey cheese" realize it makes you sound like a mouth breathing retard? Just say "random" like a normal person who is not a total idiot.

nah that's just some weird hang-up you seem to have

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

TheJoker138 posted:

Even most Deadpool fans will admit that a lot of Deadpool is nothing but terrible, unfunny monkey cheese garbage. I am a Deadpool fan and freely admit that. But when a writer gets it right, and makes it more than that, it's pretty good.

Deadpool worked best when he was partnered with Cable both to play off of and to satirize the 90s grim-dark antihero era that created them both.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

cram me sideways posted:

lol like super heroes or comic book movies have any appeal

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this "look how dumb superhero movies are" superhero movie will be a great success

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wow, I hope this movie fails, I hope every movie that attempts to be fun and light-hearted fails, all I want is a constant stream of Andrei Tarkovsky-like movies year round and if you can't understand that then you are the loving problem.

loving idiots trying to be funny and poo poo, superhero movies are for children leave them on a children's device like the wiiU, leave my adult space alone.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

whatis posted:

i want the movie to be good but the leaked trailer looks like poo poo

Finally saw it and I'm inclined to agree. Hoping it's a case of poo poo marketing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe the movie will be TJ Miller's breakout role.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bone to pick posted:

wow, I hope this movie fails, I hope every movie that attempts to be fun and light-hearted fails, all I want is a constant stream of Andrei Tarkovsky-like movies year round and if you can't understand that then you are the loving problem.

loving idiots trying to be funny and poo poo, superhero movies are for children leave them on a children's device like the wiiU, leave my adult space alone.

I would bet cash that someone in CD actually believes this.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i followed the van wilder plan for college it was fun ryan reynolds seems like a cool guy

shame about tara reid she was a babe back then

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
"blake lively" is a dumb name

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

cram me sideways posted:

deadpool is officially goon-sanctioned monkey cheese and i can't figure out why

if any other character did what deadpool does they'd be loving crucified

but since it's deadpool it's okay so ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he likes pancakes and enchilladas tPIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG HE BROKE THE FOURTH WALL AHAHAHAHA

I don't like Deadpool that much, either. I feel like he's overrated.

But you know what? At least they tried something different with him. At least he's not yet another gritty dark 90's character.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Adam X-Treme

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

deadpool is the big bang theory of comic book characters

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SaltLick posted:

its hard to respect the opinion of people who know enough about comic book characters to say things like this.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Bill Cosby could play a better Deadpool than Mr. Reynolds.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SaltLick posted:

What does that mean?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

boom boom boom posted:

What does that mean?

He makes you cringe while dummies yuck it up to him referencing a thing because they recognize and remember that thing.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

What does that mean?

cram me sideways posted:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

BAZINGA.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

im the guy going "HAHAaaa" at the sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW