Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Saki posted:

Let me guess, every character is a lesbian, for some reason

There's a race of mono-gendered sentient rocks that have all had feminine characteristics. So far no confirmed human lesbians that I can recall. It's still a fun show.

Also it has Sinbad in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I found Steven to be annoying the first couple of episodes, but it gets to be a really good show.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Baracula posted:

wow this kids show is annoying. better keep watching for a few more eps!

That's what my friends told me, turns out it was good advice.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Skeleton King posted:

Its a show about some fat loser kid who hangs out with lesbian space rocks. Kid is dead weight and the lesbians try to keep him from feeling like dead weight even though they agree that he is dead weight. One of them wanted to bang his dead mom, i think? It is excellent, especially since it angers christian parents.

I Never understand nerds who draw the weird fanart though. That poo poo's creepy, stop it.

Some people can't just like something, they have to make it a part of everything they do. These people are called freaks and deserve the ridicule they get.

I like some of the weird fan art. I haven't seen anyone walking around dressed as characters from the show though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

I'm the hours of work the artist put into the curlicue poo poo all over everything.

Worst part is she didn't even get the breasts right, most gems just have rounded torsos.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

See if you look at Jasper's torso from multiple angles

She, like virtually all gems, doesn't have breasts.

Applewhite posted:

I was gonna comment on Jasper's bosom first but changed my mind at the last second. I didn't want people to think I'm some kind of weirdo who jerks it to cartoon tits or aliens with gems in their faces.

According to tumblr lots of people are into that, specifically this character for some reason.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

Yeah that was a funny episode of The Simpsons.

Best episode of clerks too.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

I haven't seen anything in the news about the show being banned due to graphic sexual content so if there are any bronies working on the show they can't be in very influential positions.

It has to be edited in other countries.

I want to believe!

a hole-y ghost posted:

the worst part is that it's unrecognizable as what it's supposed to be because it's drawn in that terrible tumblr anime style which strips the subject of nearly all defining characteristics.

It's got their gem positions, hair color(not style due to period) and body colors right, but the body shapes are pretty far off.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Justin Tyme posted:

hmm, i wonder why

She kinda reminds me of a megaman villain to be honest.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Germstore posted:

damnit, when did this thread turn into sincere Steben Uniberse discussion?

I'm more of a fan of Staven Universe to be honest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAErBRGvz7c

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I didn't know there were so many cosplayers for this show.

http://mamamidnight.tumblr.com/post/123324039705/anime-expo-day-3-photos-4-steven-universe

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mr. Stingly posted:

The best proof I have to suggest people are loving incredibly much dumber than previously thought is their biological urge to get INSIDE the TV and live there. It's a cartoon you defective mutants.

Can you not act like loving parakeets mesmerized by a mirror in your cage and just casually watch TV in the background without becoming totally transfixed by it and trying to become it?

It's like a planet of Buffalo Bills making skin suits for cosplay comic cons.

Well if that was the case, wouldn't these people all be moving to Delaware, where the show is located?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I know people in the military loving love anime.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TEAYCHES posted:

did we get an official opinion on this cartoon yet, gbs?

Well, every thread that starts out mocking Steven Universe winds up being positive about it coupled with sincere discussion of the show. It seems that GBS is oddly ok with alien lesbians who have holographic bodies.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Aralan posted:

every mock thread ends up getting hijacked by the weirdos it's supposed to be making fun of. Turns out goons are all terrible who knew

Mods knew. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah it's god awful trash that pretentious twits try to make into some kind of transcendent social phenomenon.

T-Pain watches it.

https://twitter.com/tpain/status/550349416063062016

https://twitter.com/TPAIN/status/623578891853168643

I think only some tumblrites are making it out to be a social phenomenon. It's nice that gay people are getting some representation, even if it's in the form of sad gay space rocks.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wulfolme posted:

you chair a furry convention

You were a dashcon "organizer."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hobohemian posted:

No, it was pretty funny.

It was a little funny I'm working a late shift at the hospital now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

David Copperfield posted:

its also literally a parody of a character designed to be 'inclusive'

That's pretty funny alright.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cowman posted:

it's really not a bad show but goddamn steven is an annoying piece of poo poo

It takes him awhile to get likeable but he gets there eventually. His dad is a pretty good guy though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ben Smash posted:

OK yeah it has redeeming qualities but nobody has linked any of the sick filth the fans have made so until then I can't vote this thread 5. I'm sorry.

Well someone did draw something with some fingering in it.

http://i.imgur.com/DVmLqYr.gif

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ben Smash posted:

There was absolutely nothing "big titty anime" about any of those gifs. If this the best the fandom can do then I have serious doubts about this show.

Well someone on tumblr drew some pretty nice fan art, then they had a breakdown and started drawing gems murdering people by crushing them with their breasts because somebody criticized a lesbian orgy they drew earlier.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Troposphere posted:

the only way to prove someone wrong tbh

Worked for Ghandi.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

EvilJoven posted:

I'm waiting for a thing to download and update so I decided to watch an episode of this show to see what the gently caress people are talking about

It's god damned retarded.

I bet you fuckers love it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Troposphere posted:

maybe don't get so angry about cartoons

It can be hard to maintain emotional composure on a subject that's very important to you.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

EvilJoven posted:

What the gently caress is this thing? Is it a Smurf? Are you assholes ruining Smurfs now, too?

God dammit.

Some things in life just gotta go fast man.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Soup du Jour posted:

I jumped right from the OP to the last page because I knew there would be an argument and I was not disappointed

It was my fault for posting a divisive figure such as an improperly rendered Sanic. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CaptainFish posted:

Tell me more about how much you hate this child in a children's cartoon.

He's really not very well presented in the first episode.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I found him to be far more likeable in later episodes, I just don't feel like the first episode gives a good impression of what the show is about.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

We
Are the Crystal Gems
We'll always save the day
And if you think we can't we'll
Always find a way
That's why the people
of this world
Belibe in
Garnet
Amethyst
and Pearl
AND STEVEN

I'm just glad the cast isn't all ableist.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Captain Redbeard posted:

just being born a human isn't good enough, theres need to change in your life. grow up or develop.
edit: what applewhite said

The other theme is "if you mess with Steven's dad it upsets him and he will shoot your dad in order to let you know how he feels."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

So they're the aliens from Mass Effect.

The krogan? Pretty much.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

no the Asari/Blue Man Group

They have too much dignity to be associated with them.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Troposphere posted:

minus half of them being strippers for no reason

In Steven Universe, there are strange terrible reasons behind virtually everything.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TEAYCHES posted:

whats the official opinion now, about this cartoon, gbs?

It's pretty good, not everyone 100% loves it though and there's nothing wrong with that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Why not just enjoy Bojack, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, and Archer why do you need to dip your toes into the void of childrens cartoons?

There's a bit of a cross over between fans of those shows and Steven Universe actually.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

David Copperfield posted:

he lives with 3 (4?) lesbian alien moms and it gets progressively gayer

dbz-style fusion is a sorta sex analogue and 2 of the gem moms stay fused all the time after making out soooooo

The show is somewhat ambiguous about how many lesbians he's living with, there's 8 different lesbians of various sizes, but the most he can be around is like four at once. The lowest number of lesbian parents he's had is one, but that's not the lowest amount of lesbian parenting he's experienced.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's like those russian dolls but with lesbians

That's not even getting into the possible lesbians with his current base set, every new additional base lesbian parent he acquires increases the number of potential lesbians exponentially. It's basically a grey goo scenario, but extremely colorful.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Taint Reaper posted:

What is this poo poo pokemon generations?

Basically gems can fuse with each other to form a different gem, which can fuse with other gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIbxVuLwKY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sonofsilversign posted:

are your sayin steven is also genderless?

His body seems to be mostly human meat so he should have the plumbing to be considered male, however arguably he's a shape shifting alien that's been influenced DNA.

Like that species movie, but different.

• Locked thread