Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so do we all agree that horse dude is supposed to be Bill Cosby?

if not who else is he supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Harald posted:

so do we all agree that horse dude is supposed to be Bill Cosby?

if not who else is he supposed to be?

The hippo is bill cosby, Bojack is Bob Saget or john stamos

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

No one is really anyone else, but yes, the hippo thing bears some similarities to the cosby thing, the only real difference being that the hippo is apparently still popular and powerful enough to get it all swept under the rug and cosby ain't

and again, while bojack bears some resemblance to bob sagat, he's really not even close to being the same person

you're better off simply reading bojack as the spirit of failure and depression made manifest

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Nah the hippo thing is a direct parallel to Cosby, it wasn't until Hannibal Buress called him out that anyone actually gave a gently caress about what he did, there were lots and lots of women coming forth calling him a rapist for decades and he still got jobs. If the show wanted to be realistic it would have had Bojack say something and then everyone suddenly would care

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ok see i wasn't actually aware that anyone had ever said anything about cosby before buress which i guess makes the whole thing fit even loving better

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This show is gay as hell (bad connotation) and deserves to be cancelled ASAP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They did a good job making BoJack very familiar but not exactly like any specific person.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Evil Agita posted:

cartoons are for children OP

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

Do I have to watch the first half of season 1 or can you just jump in and it all makes sense? I'm so bored; I'm out of comedies to watch and kimmy schmit is only funny the first 5 times.

You don't have to, but a lot of the underlying humor comes from the relationships between the characters so you would be missing out on a lot.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

A cynical adult cartoon with talking animals.

Could anyone who's watched this tell me if it can fill the Duckman-shaped hole in my heart

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

Could anyone who's watched this tell me if it can fill the Duckman-shaped hole in my heart

It does not. It's good, but not that good.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Who wants to bet that Mr. Peanut-Butter will try to off himself in season 3?

It fits with the whole thing about constantly upbeat people being horribly depressed and now that we have grown to appreciate his attitude if not like him. they will Robin Williams us.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

His death would be extra sad cuz he's a dog.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I watched episode one, then I started episode two but the network stopped working so that's my story. Don't care enough to go back.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man this season was like the opposite of season 1. Started out super strong and then fell apart at the last two episodes with horrible melodrama. It's like that MASH robot from Futurama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cuckoo posted:

Remember when that show ended on a cliffhanger? Good times. I love it when that happens.

• Locked thread