Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty funny and good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haven't seen S2 yet but: the writing is good, there's some clever jokes/gags (the agent dating 3 kids in a trenchcoat is funny as gently caress I'm sorry if you disagree), and there's some actual character development slash conflict happening. It literally has more going on character wise than Entourage and actual 'real' shows like that.

It's funny but it's definitely more dark humor than anything else.

The soundtrack is good, too.

Hobohemian posted:

Tried to watch the first episode but it just wasn't funny. Do we really need another hollywood satire like that's never been done before? If it had jokes that made you laugh, sure. It seems content to just jack off to it's own semi-cleverness though.

See give it more than 1 episode because it isn't just 'hollywood satire' really. Idk I thought it was interesting perspective into celebrity. It's some dark and cynical stuff. Seriously though give it a chance; I agree I was also on the fence after just one episode but it's good. There's a reason it's got a 94% audience rating and a 50% critic rating on Rotten Tomatos - you have to give it more than just a cursory glance or it will just look like another unfunny hollywood satire cartoon.

It really does start out looking like every other crude adult animated sitcom but I promise it progresses into something better.

That whole thing with Bojack taking that dude's cupcakes was great as was anything involving Dr. Hu.

I didn't know S2 was out already but looks like it has a 100% on RT.

e: idk in the end it's worth at least being on in the background on netflix while you are on your computer. What more do you really want?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 20, 2015

• Locked thread