Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

setafd posted:

i like the art but like every episode is about relationships and like, they'll just casually mention the gems going to go fight a guy at the beginning of the episode but then the episode is just them talking about why steven's feelings are hurt

so i guess it's just not for me because i like cartoons about dudes getting hosed up

I remember when Cartoons could throw nazis through a helicopter blade on Saturday Morning, because gently caress Nazis. Apparently they're rated the same as Robots in the Cartoon kill index.

Just no blood, explosions instead, because explosions are kid friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Enfield posted:

why canr all these people just kill themselves already like a real man

Cause they probably gently caress it up and have to live with the idea they can't even control when they exit this coil

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I feel like I should watch this show just so I can get what the gently caress they're talking about. At the same time I don't really care.

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What a video game website can teach us about bad journalism.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Cowman posted:

I feel like I should watch this show just so I can get what the gently caress they're talking about. At the same time I don't really care.

your time on this earth is finite

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

subhuman filth posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

subhuman filth posted:

I'm glad of it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Knew it would be about loving Steven Universe before clicking on the thread.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Watching the first episode. The fat kid is upset they stopped making cookies. He's using baby talk to describe them. He just got home and his magical lesbian friends are fighting centipede monsters. He found some of the cookies they stopped making. Fat kid is happy again. Ok you know what this is where I stop. No wait, he's rapping about cookies now. Oh ok eating cookies then rapping about them gives him magical powers. Poop joke. This poo poo is retarded and so is everyone that likes it. Hope you liked my review please subscribe and comment.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Watching SU is like trying to talk to your really weepy friend who won't stop touching your arm and might be coming onto you.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Das Boo posted:

Watching SU is like trying to talk to your really weepy friend who won't stop touching your arm and might be coming onto you.

this is actually a pretty good description tbh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Troposphere you've watched the show past it's first 5 minutes - is my guess that the show is going to revolve around them looking for eskimo pies so he can learn about his gem powers correct?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Polygon horning in on The AV Clubs turf

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I liked the clip I saw online where the red one tells a guy that's trying to woo her that "love takes time, and love takes work"

Yeah that's a real healthy message there, every relationship is a terrible struggle

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Troposphere you've watched the show past it's first 5 minutes - is my guess that the show is going to revolve around them looking for eskimo pies so he can learn about his gem powers correct?

naw

the first episodes, like many shows, is a setup to the characters and world they live in

Steven likes food.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The chubby lavender/indigo/violet lady with the big hair has a super sexy voice. This is a socially acceptable feeling to have because the voice actor is a real person and not a cartoon.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Al Cowens posted:

The chubby lavender/indigo/violet lady with the big hair has a super sexy voice. This is a socially acceptable feeling to have because the voice actor is a real person and not a cartoon.

all the main voice actor's are p cute

Amythest

Pearl

Garnet

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The voice of Rose Quartz

That right there is a cute little milf.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
:negative:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Al Cowens posted:

The voice of Rose Quartz

That right there is a cute little milf.

she was megara in hercules too!

she even gets to sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSLtMWje1M

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

:eyepop:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

abigserve posted:

Yeah that's a real healthy message there, every relationship is a terrible struggle

tru tho

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

My kids mostly tolerate it as filler between Teen Titans Go and Amazing World of Gumball. I saw the episode where the skinny one taught Steven's girl friend to sword fight while singing about a lesbian relationship or something. It was pretty watchable honestly.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

ikr

I still can't believe they got estelle to voice a main character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Troposphere posted:

ikr

I still can't believe they got estelle to voice a main character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY
This song owns.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who is Estelle

Germstore posted:

My kids mostly tolerate it as filler between Teen Titans Go and Amazing World of Gumball. I saw the episode where the skinny one taught Steven's girl friend to sword fight while singing about a lesbian relationship or something. It was pretty watchable honestly.

This is what I figured. Like legend of korra SU has no appeal to actual kids but is loved by sadbrained adults children

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who is Estelle
Click Troposphere's youtube to hear the classiest R&B that has ever hit mainstream radio in the last 20 years.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

If you had to choose between going to a Steven Universe convention or a Brony convention which one would you go to

This is some Sophie's Choice poo poo right here. Which one has a bigger ball pit?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

well i got my relationship advice from superjail so i guess i'm hosed

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I've almost had enough hearing about this show. Almost.

Please go on.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who is Estelle

This is what I figured. Like legend of korra SU has no appeal to actual kids but is loved by sadbrained adults children

there's a wide gulf between finding something watchable and loving it. I don't think I even saw the entire episode.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

so wait the heroes are terrified of the "abomination" that was fusion raped and it's somehow teaching them that victims aren't to blame?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
estelle didn't sing on the show until the season 1 finale and it was pretty satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JARVfb-FBg

I wonder how much they have to pay her to sing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

i mean, i guess you could technically classify them as cartoons aimed towards teenagers and/or young adults, like cartoons on adult swim or fox's sunday night animation block or whatever, the only difference being that korra and SU don't air at night (i assume).

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Uncle Wemus posted:

Like legend of korra SU has no appeal to actual kids but is loved by sadbrained adults children

Don't know why kids wouldn't like a show that ends with two hot lesbians going on a spirit formation journey.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I'll care when they go on a Spirit Formation Anniversary. DEEP WITHIN THE WOMB OF TIME THE CREATURE THUS BE BORN!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Yeah, it's a pretty good show.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

I'll care when they go on a Spirit Formation Anniversary. DEEP WITHIN THE WOMB OF TIME THE CREATURE THUS BE BORN!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i find childrens shows, that is, shows designed for the brains and sensibilities of children, to be immensely stimulating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
but wsht if th dhow tifnt thin thr thinfdfh you ntse????

• Locked thread