Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Germstore posted:

your av makes me wonder if this post is sincere

To be fair, I picked my av because I saw that episode and was like, huh that's a pretty funny scene and I was getting tired of my old av.

To be more fair, that post was serious. Every animation should be compared to the "chocolate fountain" poop joke scene that actually occurred in an animated show for children.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Cthulu Carl posted:

To be fair, I picked my av because I saw that episode and was like, huh that's a pretty funny scene and I was getting tired of my old av.

To be more fair, that post was serious. Every animation should be compared to the "chocolate fountain" poop joke scene that actually occurred in an animated show for children.

looked up that scene, and yeah, it's good stuff.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Germstore posted:

looked up that scene, and yeah, it's good stuff.

Teen Titans Go got close with a Thundercats vomit homage or the implied 'dookie in a jar song', but the series as a whole loses points for making Raven a brony and having everyone be cool with it.

Animators gotta step up their toilet humor game these days.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
lol childrens cartoons who cares

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Robo Reagan posted:

is this gif supposed to convince me or what's going on here

Don't worry about it, everything is fine.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hemophilia posted:

The show sucks and the kind of adult it appeals to is basically an inverse brony

Wouldn't "inverse brony" be a good thing?

subhuman filth posted:

i find childrens shows, that is, shows designed for the brains and sensibilities of children, to be immensely stimulating

I watch Yo Gabba Gabba with my kids sometimes and I bet that show is great if you smoke weed

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Troposphere posted:

garnet is definitely piccolo

homeworld gems are all vegeta and the ginyu force simultaneously

there is LOTS of fanart debating this very subject

I feel like this thread would be better if we explore this topic further.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
i long for the day when steven universe is a banned thread topic like my little pony has been for years

i didnt post a succession of caremad banmes on the Offiste Brony Goon forum for them to follow me here with their new fag poo poo

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How often do Steven Universe threads happen? I think I've seen four this year.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

How often do Steven Universe threads happen? I think I've seen four this year.

If you think of it like rape, four rapes a year still seems like a lot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Teen Titans Go got close with a Thundercats vomit homage or the implied 'dookie in a jar song', but the series as a whole loses points for making Raven a brony and having everyone be cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

Animators gotta step up their toilet humor game these days.

I was surprised at how dark Teen Titans Go! could get as well. I remember watching an episode where everyone but Raven got turned into wizened, little old people, who Raven thought was adorable so she never bothered to find a way to turn them back, but, like wizened old folks, they diedpassed quickly. So, at the end of the episode, she resurrects them and they all become zombies, which makes her even more cool with it.

Also, another had these cheesy yearbook photos, but at the ending montage, Beast Boy's photo had a caption that he ate some chocolate and died. It was a bit off putting when the early "more serious" Teen Titans couldn't use recurring villain Slade Wilson's supervillain name because of standards restrictions.

• Locked thread