Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is GBS for you?
A place to get my news
A place to talk to other posters about junk
A place to shitpost
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I come here for the bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQUYtEB3aA

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
GBS is like a place where you saw a lot of good bands play, and did some drugs, and porked some girls in the parking lot, and had a lot of fun and learned some stuff

Then the owner guy just sort of checked out, and eventually it burned to the ground, possibly a case of arson by a gang of retards who needed their mommies to pay more attention to them

And now it's just sort of a rotting blackened shell, and there are a bunch of creepy losers squatting around who won't stop making GBS threads and pissing on the floor, and they are basically untouchable because they can only communicate by screeching and the only way the cops would intervene is by arresting you if you shot them

So you check it out from time to time when you have business in the area, and it is sort of both happy and sad simultaneously

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's a place that would be better if we could post anime

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So people keep bitching and moaning about how lovely this forum is and how it needs to change. Problem is no one ever can come to a conclusion on what GBS is supposed to be. So fellow GBSers, what is GBS for you? Is it a repository for news? Is it a place for you to just shitpost? Or is it something else?

its supposed to be lovely, like the batman to other forums. we hate it cause it can take it

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gbs is a lot like a pineapple pizza

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GBS is a lot like pineapple pizza.

edit: gently caress, beaten.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The isolated village from the M. Night Shymalan movie that's stuck in a timewarp with a populace that's terrified of bogeymen outsiders when the real monsters are themselves and their inability to handle the modern internet of 2015

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a hater habitrail

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i just want a place i can bullshit about generalities

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

XMNN posted:

i just want a place i can bullshit about generalities

This is the dumbest poo poo I ever read.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
GBS is the least angry forum on Something Awful.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Ork of Fiction posted:

GBS is the least angry forum on Something Awful.

Sad but true. And yet everyone's always "WELP IT'S GBS :rolleyes: "

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

VendaGoat posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo I ever read.
im sorry ill try harder in future

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
member when it was a discussion forum and people had discussions lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

XMNN posted:

im sorry ill try harder in future

Batting five hundred

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

klapman posted:

its supposed to be lovely, like the batman to other forums. we hate it cause it can take it

This explains a lot. (I'm the guy wearing hockey pads IRL)

For me it's a place to go when I feel like "posting" rather than going all out for some "effortposting". If I want to post about comic books on a real forum I have to have the comics at hand so that I don't make a mistake and get "owned". But in GBS I can just go into the Marvel Suicide Squad and say, "hey guys did you know the Punisher was black one time" and if I get the issue number wrong or whatever I don't have any internet cred at stake. God forbid I forget how many Robins there has been and lose all my Pwnage Points or some poo poo. But on SA you have to pay tenbux to see people's PP or maybe they don't even have it? I dunno.

Inevitable posted:

I am the Max Normal of GBS.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Its a place where I can vent my aggression and stress by posting illogical poo poo and an overblown love of twinks.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Inevitable posted:

wow what a triggering post.

what i don't understand is why the traffic was double what it was now when gbs was nothing but incomprehensible megathreads with 3-4 people having novel length discussions with one another. feigned obtuseness and rudeness is much more entertaining imo

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Archer666 posted:

Its a place where I can vent my aggression and stress by posting illogical poo poo and an overblown love of twinks.
What's stopping you
is twink-posting verboten now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For me [GBS is] a place to go when I feel like "posting" rather than going all out for some "effortposting". If I want to post about comic books on a real forum I have to have the comics at hand so that I don't make a mistake and get "owned". But in GBS I can just go into the Marvel Suicide Squad and say, "hey guys did you know the Punisher was black one time" and if I get the issue number wrong or whatever I don't have any internet cred at stake. God forbid I forget how many Robins there has been and lose all my Pwnage Points or some poo poo. But on SA you have to pay tenbux to see people's PP or maybe they don't even have it? I dunno.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
for me it's a fart fart fart a fart fart fart fartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfart

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I just love to hate-gently caress this place, you know. I've been sitting here missionary posting and giving threads some efficient, reliable pumps and sometimes I get really drunk and just let the body fluids and expletives fly. You're a little scared of me in the morning but i love you baby

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

What is a GBS?

A miserable pile of cuck goku, ban lowtax

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Al Cowens posted:

What's stopping you
is twink-posting verboten now

Twink posting will never die!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TEAYCHES posted:

gbs is just gbs and its perfect except for all the faggots who are bad posters

We welcome you too

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know how I feel about this shadowy cabal of QCS posters deciding our fate behind our backs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hate this place. Medicine doesn't work

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'm just stuck here since i can't even loving find QCS.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

XMNN posted:

japanese is because of the extraordinarily bad cartoons they produce and i feel it is justified

without jap cartoons we wouldn't have goku hth

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

GBS is a lot like pineapple pizza.

edit: gently caress, beaten.

gbs is a lot like spamming metal gear solid to protect tumblr tweens from mean goons

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really like gbs for making people argue about gbs

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
gbs is a loving hate zone for e-teens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
For me GBS is where I go to shoot the poo poo and get creative while keeping it real at the same time.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

I'm the ear mites that are ravaging that poor cat.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GBS is a MRA honeypot.

I had a brainfart and originally wrote "MRA melting pot" there, which made me lol.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I like gbs. I can poo poo post in bad threads and have real discussions in good threads and in both cases I usually get some good laughs.

Except for when people talk about tumblr, doobie, the weekly gnarly "meltdown", or about how gbs sucks now and used to be better

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

It's like a warm apple pie in a Texan summer

Being rammed in my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
a zoo

• Locked thread