Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Disargeria posted:

What does the ship look like?
Link a picture. It's on the small side, but is capable of carrying cargo and has a light armament.

Chaos reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cornuto posted:

Can Eggbot make tube-eggs?

You take the egg tube and put in on a plate between two hardboiled eggs and enjoy the protein rich egg phallus.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Disargeria posted:

What does the ship look like?
Link a picture. It's on the small side, but is capable of carrying cargo and has a light armament.

Eryxias posted:

A. Space Whaaaale!

:colbert: You asked for it

Alternatively:

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
How about this?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
We're going to become the ship's consciousness and our proxy body is going to be eggbot, isn't it?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm happy with this if Eggbot gains control of the SpaceWhale and we're consigned to being it's advisor

GIS 'Space Whale'. There's so much terrible awesomeness, or awesome terribleness. I can't decide.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
Say, how small is small in this setting, roughly?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Relative to your penis, huge.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Relative to your penis, huge.
:rimshot:

I would hope so. I can't fit even one person in it.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Outrail posted:

GIS 'Space Whale'. There's so much terrible awesomeness, or awesome terribleness. I can't decide.

That perfectly sums up this image:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Disargeria posted:

It takes a majority of your savings, but you pay for a taxi to the Shipyard and for him to wait there for an entire day for a return trip. You've still got enough money for food and necessities, but things like upgrading Eggbot are out of the question, for now.

I can't wait to see what sort of unholy abomination we craft Eggbot into by the end of this CYOA. I, for one, vote to spend our extra cash on decking Eggbot out to the fullest.

Also, I'm a pretty big fan of Aurora so far. Hopefully Church and Esker will get their time to shine as well.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I say we turn eggbot into some sort of combat monstrosity that shouts out awful(Read: Awesome) One liners that are based on eggs while shooting things.
Although I don't know which would be better, have him actually do some damage, or have him as the comedy. A total badass with horrible(Funny) lines, but ends up shooting the equivalent of a nerf gun and taking all the credit for our successes.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Personally, I love the idea of eggbot becoming our avatar once we turn into a space whale. Not that that's mutually exclusive...

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

I can see the Eggbot occupying the same role as a certain dancing monkey from Megaman Legends.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

ElrondHubbard posted:

I can see the Eggbot occupying the same role as a certain dancing monkey from Megaman Legends.

Eggbot has a lot to live up to, it seems.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Ouroborus posted:

How about this?

The original look for the ship was something like this:

Simple and customizable. I want to say it's around 150 meters long?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question, is our lady friend rich enough to just up and buy a ship. If so, does she have a crush on us?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

RandomPauI posted:

Question, is our lady friend rich enough to just up and buy a ship. If so, does she have a crush on us?
She falsified the records.

Disargeria posted:

The original look for the ship was something like this:

Simple and customizable. I want to say it's around 150 meters long?
Does the setting have artificial gravity?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Ralith posted:

Does the setting have artificial gravity?

For everyone's sanity, yeah. Also lasers are weapons and they make pew pew sounds in space and are highly visible and don't travel instantly. It's like Star Wars physics.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
How do Star Wars physics mesh with self aware, several kilometer long space-faring biotechnological organisms?

V: Nope. I'm wondering about the feasibility of tail slapping a space station out of orbit.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 23, 2015

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Outrail posted:

How do Star Wars physics mesh with self aware, several kilometer long space-faring biotechnological organisms?

I take it you haven't seen Farscape.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Disargeria posted:

For everyone's sanity, yeah. Also lasers are weapons and they make pew pew sounds in space and are highly visible and don't travel instantly. It's like Star Wars physics.
Sanity is overrated :colbert:

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I'm confused, are we a whale or is our ship a whale or what. I'm seeing not a lot of official communication in regards to whales.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

stevey666 posted:

I'm confused, are we a whale or is our ship a whale or what. I'm seeing not a lot of official communication in regards to whales.

:chillpill:

This is a journey, brah.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

stevey666 posted:

In the last few updates, we discovered our new awesome Eggbot companion and our friend Aurora just straight up conned a bunch of schmucks out of some crazy valuable starship. We're just starting out at the moment so let's enjoy this crazy ride and let the good stuff come in its own time.

On the other hand, all of this has been hinted as being a prologue and playing as the ship has been mentioned, so you probably won't have to wait much longer.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

ElrondHubbard posted:

In the last few updates, we discovered our new awesome Eggbot companion and our friend Aurora just straight up conned a bunch of schmucks out of some crazy valuable starship. We're just starting out at the moment so let's enjoy this crazy ride and let the good stuff come in its own time.

On the other hand, all of this has been hinted as being a prologue and playing as the ship has been mentioned, so you probably won't have to wait much longer.

We also got checked out by some random guy.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

ElrondHubbard posted:

Pretty much. It's taking a bit of setup to get to the point where the original story converges with the goon will.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We need to tear off an attack brigate ship captain's leg at some point.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Disargeria posted:

Pretty much. It's taking a bit of setup to get to the point where the original story converges with the goon will.
I'm kind of confused. There doesn't seem to be a vote.

I vote we have a vote on something.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I vote we retroactively impeach G. W. Bush

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Vavrek posted:

I'm kind of confused. There doesn't seem to be a vote.

I vote we have a vote on something.

Did we ever find out the ship's current name?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

You did not!

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Disargeria posted:

You did not!

Well then, I vote to ask you if that is something we can vote on. heh

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

You check in with Aura.

quote:

E: We didn't get you the name of the ship. What happened?
A: No one names a ship that costs that much because no one invoices a ship that costs that much. Something's not right here.
A: And I don't just mean the fact that his password was just "RexRul3$"

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Spaceboat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The Pequod It's kind of a famous boat.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 24, 2015

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Lady Overkill

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
GOKU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
FREESPACE WILLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU