Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tomorrow will be a good day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU3nNT4rcFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:firstpost:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
i'm gay

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
clicked thread expecting Journey + Steve Perry reunion album.

Sorely disappointed.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
No thanks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

clicked thread expecting something to do with Journey the videogame

slightly proud but mostly apathetic

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Honestly, I expected it to be pretentious garbage and Journey is legit a fantastic experience and a fine game. It'd be one of those games I'd seriously consider if I was told I could only play one game before I died. It's worth picking up, although I am not confident the graphics will carry over to PS4 without some technical issues a la Shadows of the Colossus.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
Don't Stop Believin'

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Honestly, I expected it to be pretentious garbage and Journey is legit a fantastic experience and a fine game. It'd be one of those games I'd seriously consider if I was told I could only play one game before I died. It's worth picking up, although I am not confident the graphics will carry over to PS4 without some technical issues a la Shadows of the Colossus.

It's not a port. It was redone in 1080p @ 60 fps. Or so I understand. They worked on it for almost a year.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not a port. It was redone in 1080p @ 60 fps. Or so I understand. They worked on it for almost a year.

Well poo poo now I gotta buy it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sorry dude, we already got Shenmue for our autism needs

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
It looks like Wind Waker without gameplay.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The game is on the PS3 and runs around 15 dollars and it came with 5 other games+soundtrack+Digital Artbook if you bought the Physical release.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

circ dick soleil posted:

It looks like Wind Waker without gameplay.

It has gameplay, I promise you. It's not particularly complex, but there's a part where you have to gather up some glowing objects to make a bridge and other points where you have to avoid a roaming danger. It has more gameplay than Dear Esther or the Stanley Parable, for instance, but less gameplay than Braid. Overall, though, the gameplay works REALLY well and Journey could not exist in the same manner it does if presented on any other medium. It's a good game.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

is this true

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I hate to say it, but yes

VVV--Yeah you really should. I'm being vague because the game should be experienced as blind as possible.

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 21, 2015

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

BottledBodhisvata posted:

there's a part where you have to gather up some glowing objects to make a bridge and other points where you have to avoid a roaming danger.

Wow that sounds really fun. I can't wait to play this exciting game.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Way to hog all the good posts, OP. Now what the gently caress am i supposed to say?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I thought it was very true.

e: but only if you play it online because the experience is based around sharing the journey. It's still interesting alone but loses what makes it special.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 21, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

One of the few games that made me shed tears on how awesome it was.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i've wanted to play this but

consoles

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
a lot of bad posters saying this is a good game. if it was worth a poo poo it would have been released on pc

give this stinker a wide berth

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Nefarious posted:

a lot of bad posters saying this is a good game. if it was worth a poo poo it would have been released on pc

I wish they had made a new game instead of visually updating an old one, being on PC would definitely allow the online component to last longer.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Nefarious posted:

lol pcs are for writing spreadsheetts and checking facebook

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
wimma shee-e-ear again oh law
happenin hard many ear oh moe
i hope she holds on a little longer

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

It's really good

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's pretty lol that everyone thinks the PS4 is some ground breaking piece of technology and that cross platform games are holding what is essentially a 5 year old gaming PC back from the next level of gaming or w/e. Aside from Bloodborne half the loving games on it are HD remakes with the only substantial one being GTA V (first person, more animals, more radio). Oh man I'm so glad I bought a $400 console so I can play Destiny without load times and rebuy all of my favorite games from 2 years ago

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

it's pretty lol that everyone thinks the PS4 is some ground breaking piece of technology and that cross platform games are holding what is essentially a 5 year old gaming PC back from the next level of gaming or w/e

This isn't true at all.

Look how the PC handled the new Batman game.

Oh wait it couldn't because it crashed upon loading....

Also all the PC exclusive games are lovely mobas, lovely MMos, and garbage indies. What's holding the PC back is the PC itself.

PC guys want it to be like the 16 bit era again where PCs were phenomenally more powerful compared to consoles, but consoles have caught up and you're not going to have that major a difference in performance again. While there may be slight differences in performance as afar as frame rate and draw distance, you're not really going to suffer much by buying a game on the PC that's also available on the console.

Also even given the option most PC Devs wind up making poo poo for Android and IOS now. That is the future and legacy of PC exclusive gaming.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 21, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill own u 1 vs 1 de_dust scrub

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI

I love Journey OP

good thread

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

The Taint Reaper posted:

This isn't true at all.

Look how the PC handled the new Batman game.

Oh wait it couldn't because it crashed upon loading....

Also all the PC exclusive games are lovely mobas, lovely MMos, and garbage indies. What's holding the PC back is the PC itself.

PC guys want it to be like the 16 bit era again where PCs were phenomenally more powerful compared to consoles, but consoles have caught up and you're not going to have that major a difference in performance again. While there may be slight differences in performance as afar as frame rate and draw distance, you're not really going to suffer much by buying a game on the PC that's also available on the console.

Also even given the option most PC Devs wind up making poo poo for Android and IOS now. That is the future and legacy of PC exclusive gaming.

:wtc:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
anime

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

clicked thread expecting Journey + Steve Perry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2h-bCOI4WU&t=76s

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Every since journey came out, it became tradition for me to sit down at christmas with my family and play through it once.
I love this game.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Journey is a great game.

gently caress the PS4 for holding the PC back though. Also gently caress 8gig of GDDR5.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Its called journey because you boot it up, and then immediately journey to best buy to see if you can get a refund.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Jose Oquendo posted:

clicked thread expecting Journey + Steve Perry reunion album.

Sorely disappointed.

Same here. Bummed.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nefarious posted:

sure thing footbaw poster

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
*can't handle deep themes, plays dumb jock madden of halo 2016*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

if a video game is one of the most amazing experiences of your life then you probably don't have much of one

• Locked thread