Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I'll give Eva some credit in that she's willing to take a bump now. Also her finisher looks like it'd be really great when executed not half-assedly. And she's using an entrance robe and entrance robes own.

But yeah she's still really rough and not good.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One thing she really needs is to stop even remotely trying to be a face.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

One thing she really needs is to stop even remotely trying to be a face.

She was trying to heel it up with her bad mannerisms but she's completely incapable of conveying human traits.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I mean yeah she's bad but some of these posts seem to forget that NXT is developmental.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

I mean yeah she's bad but some of these posts seem to forget that NXT is developmental.

But she doesn't train at NXT. And when she does it is the week of an NXT TV taping.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Atticus Finch posted:

Wrestlers develop? You're mental!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Atticus Finch posted:

There are plenty of people in developmental who aren't on TV

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There are plenty of people in developmental who aren't on TV
NXT being a developmental league is not me arguing the WWE aren't idiots and are pushing someone too soon because she's hot.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If I had to choose between watching Eva Marie or Baron Corbin standing around awkwardly, I would pick Eva Marie

good call WWE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

eva marie rules

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
It didn't really get mentioned because the thread was dead, but in last week's episode Sami Zayn looked directly into the camera for a significant portion of his promo. It looked so much better than when the person talking stares off into space.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
I've been watching a lot of Lucha Underground lately and am I wrong in thinking that Angelico would be a massive, massive star for the WWE?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Holland Oats posted:

I've been watching a lot of Lucha Underground lately and am I wrong in thinking that Angelico would be a massive, massive star for the WWE?

Yeah because his name isn't John Cena

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah because his name isn't John Cena

Also, he's foreign guy with funny accent, he'll never get over, people can't understand what he's saying, make him start yodeling, that's a thing foreign people do, isn't it, shut up and get me a steak wrap and ketchup.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Holland Oats posted:

Angelico and Evans are going to kill it in pwg tomorrow.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Angelico and Evans are going to kill it in pwg tomorrow.

Oh that's tomorrow? Word, please let me live vicariously through you.

Unless you're fat.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

She was trying to heel it up with her bad mannerisms but she's completely incapable of conveying human traits.
It's really incredible. We had Dana Brooke at a couple of points in the show, and she's a very bad actress. But Eva Marie doesn't even come across as human. It's not that she's awkward, that at least would be something real. I saw someone bring up elsewhere that she gives off a real-life uncanny valley experience; she's approaching falseness from the other side.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MotU posted:

His theme was great. DK Rap is a good song so idk how people could dislike it

bring back the rap

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Charlotte saying the nxt divas on raw "is more than a revolution... It's a statement!" has me very confused

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Revenant Threshold posted:

It's really incredible. We had Dana Brooke at a couple of points in the show, and she's a very bad actress. But Eva Marie doesn't even come across as human. It's not that she's awkward, that at least would be something real. I saw someone bring up elsewhere that she gives off a real-life uncanny valley experience; she's approaching falseness from the other side.

It's totally unintentional on Eva's part but I love it. Like Dana Brooke is what the WWE thinks they're selling with Total Divas, but Eva is what everyone else is seeing when they watch the show. They're going to feud someday and the matches will be so bad and so uncomfortable to watch that it'll come back around to being the greatest.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The weirdest thing to me was the interview kind of standing behind and to the side of Finn for his opening promo. He had to put the mic kind of over Finn's shoulder. Very weird positioning.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Oh that's tomorrow? Word, please let me live vicariously through you.

Unless you're fat.

Tomorrow, and again with even more LU guys next month.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
My top five dream Eva Marie signatures are
1- Nakamura Knee
2- Kenny Omega Electric Chair German Suplex
3- Spinning Elgin Bomb
4- Gods Last Gift
5- Top Rope Brainbuster

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

duyarvish posted:

My top five dream Eva Marie signatures are
1- Nakamura Knee

She calls that the Marie Ye!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Eva Marie would probably kill someone if she attempted Croyt's Wrath

So maybe if she wrestled Dana, sure

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Eva Marie just always gives off the impression that she scarfed a handful of Xanax an hour ago.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Radomir Petkovic a Serbian amateur Wrestler debuted really fast. Reported to NXT with no prior Wrestling experience in April.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Radomir Petkovic a Serbian amateur Wrestler debuted really fast. Reported to NXT with no prior Wrestling experience in April.

This dude looks like a beast. I hope he is good in the ring.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rovert posted:

Looks like Shamrock

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
People on Twitter were fantasy booking him as Drago vs Gable's Rocky

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Some dude on Twitter said that Radomir is Breeze's heavy as of the last house show.

https://twitter.com/Ger1215/status/624398345159708672

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

rovert posted:

People on Twitter were fantasy booking him as Drago vs Gable's Rocky

That'd make a ton of sense. Btw Rovert, got any scoops about other indy guys on NXT's radar?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

People on Twitter were fantasy booking

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Some dude on Twitter said that Radomir is Breeze's heavy as of the last house show.

https://twitter.com/Ger1215/status/624398345159708672

Breeze is running down that HBK playbook to the letter. I look forward to seeing bodyguard dude being called up before Breeze once Vince sees him.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I can't imagine Breeze surviving his first month on the main roster without some sort of heavy or stable behind him. He'd debut on Raw and be in the Bo-Zone by Smackdown.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Angular Landbury posted:

I can't imagine Breeze surviving his first month on the main roster without some sort of heavy or stable behind him. He'd debut on Raw and be in the Bo-Zone by Smackdown.

Hey now, he might be lucky enough to get a Neville push!

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

There's no way Breeze rises far above midcard comedy heel with that gimmick, and because the main roster doesn't do nuance as well as NXT, I think it's more likely he ends up the next Fandango. (Granted, Fandango was getting way over before WWE panicked and took away everything that made him remotely interesting, like they do when the crowd starts to get behind anyone not being actively pushed.)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

Hey now, he might be lucky enough to get a Neville push!
Look they only have 3 hours of Raw to fill, you are asking for way too much

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
guys who are career midcarders are fine. not everyone is a potential face of the company just because NXT happened to have like 3-4 of those at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nerokerubina posted:

guys who are career midcarders are fine. not everyone is a potential face of the company just because NXT happened to have like 3-4 of those at once

Some of my favorite wrestlers growing up were the mid carders.

• Locked thread