Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah that was great heel work on Bliss, which helped let the Vaudevillains come out better as faces in that match from their comedy heel background. Thoroughly enjoyed that match and result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

English really oversold that slap

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dana trolling Devin every week is my favorite part of NXT right now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just watching this now and can't help but notice the loving creep in the front row hiding his camera behind a small "Hottest Chick In The Ring" sign sneaking pictures of Carmella's rear end. Ugh.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I laughed my rear end off at the bullfit vignettes

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That was the Jesse Sorenson of TNA broken neck fame, correct?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

That was the Jesse Sorenson of TNA broken neck fame, correct?

Yea

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Who wore it better?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So I'm assuming the Vaudevillains/BAMF feud leads to some old-timey lady wrestler debuting to even the odds? I was curious as to why they would do the tag title match on a regular weekly show, but that's the only reason I can think of for holding it off of Takeover: Brooklyn since there's not nearly enough time to build a new tag title feud.

Oh, also - what's the deal with Uhaa? They ran packages for him for like two weeks then just stopped mentioning him at all.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

WWE heard my cries for a deeper tag division in NXT!

The 3D Codebreaker and Grand Amplitude are such good tag finishers and I look forward to a whole crop of serious contenders. The main event was really good for establishing the Vaudevillains as more than just a comedy team too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alexa Bliss's rear end.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

So I'm assuming the Vaudevillains/BAMF feud leads to some old-timey lady wrestler debuting to even the odds? I was curious as to why they would do the tag title match on a regular weekly show, but that's the only reason I can think of for holding it off of Takeover: Brooklyn since there's not nearly enough time to build a new tag title feud.

Oh, also - what's the deal with Uhaa? They ran packages for him for like two weeks then just stopped mentioning him at all.

They're gonna do a fatal four way with the vaudevillians Enzo and cass Blake and Murphy and either the team that beat e+c or chad gable and his friend

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I enjoy Chad Gable alot and I enjoy Jason Jordan as well so im enjoying this team immensely

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Alexa Bliss's rear end.

It's good, she's cute

WadeBartender posted:

I enjoy Chad Gable alot and I enjoy Jason Jordan as well so im enjoying this team immensely

I like their team and Gable owns

Phenix Rising posted:

Yea they need themselves a woman (or maybe a midget since WWE rules seem to allow midgets to wrassle women) to beat up Alexa Bliss because they looked helpless out there tonight after the Chi-val-ry chants led to Bliss humiliating them

Sigma posted:

Who wore it better?

One is an outfit meant to promote sweating and loss of weight/water weight, the other is a jumpsuit of some sort

They are nothing alike

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Uhaa is too good so they're holding him off until after Takeover so he doesn't make everyone else on NXT look like the jobbers that they are.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I am really enjoying the ongoing romantic comedy that is Jordan/gable

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I hate baron Corbin and Dana Brooke and not in a heel way, in a "get the gently caress out" way. Emma deserves better than being paired with the worst voice ever, and this combined with the poo poo from total divas had me convinced that Emma's life is hell.

I'm not sure why everyone is so low on Tyler Breeze, he's a capable wrestler that plays his character well and the gimmick of "2015 HBK" doesn't strike me as a death warrant. Like all things in wwe, the question is whether they push him.

That DICK! posted:

Alexa Bliss's rear end.
Always, but especially tonight.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not sure why everyone is so low on Tyler Breeze, he's a capable wrestler that plays his character well and the gimmick of "2015 HBK" doesn't strike me as a death warrant. Like all things in wwe, the question is whether they push him.

I found your answer.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

dromal phrenia posted:

I hate baron Corbin and Dana Brooke and not in a heel way, in a "get the gently caress out" way.

I don't think I have ever seen someone on this forum admit to hating a wrestler in a heel way.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I wish I had the capacity to do so. My friends girlfriend hates all the heels, and it's my favorite thing. Everyone needs a friend like her.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It'd be kinda funny if the Vaudevillains could take on a flapper as a valet just so they could finally do something about Alexa.

Phenix Rising posted:

Supposedly a post-Takeover debut and push. He just got an entrance theme and he's working house shows as Uhaa.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Episode was entirely worth it for the Bull video.

The Gable/Jordan finisher is a bit weird in my opinion, what's Gable even doing?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
He's catching the recipient with a backdrop suplex into a pinning bridge. I thought they made it look good.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It doesn't look like he's doing much more than cradling the guy as they come down. The pinning bridge looks good though, for sure.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't think I have ever seen someone on this forum admit to hating a wrestler in a heel way.

I think the miz is a great example, he isn't bad on the mic/commentary/ringside and he's decent enough in the ring that I want him to stick around so I can watch big crazy muscle monsters beat the absolute poo poo out of him. Bray Wyatt probably qualifies, because I enjoy many of his matches but I'm pissed as hell when he provides the gently caress finish in other people's matches, which is pretty basic heeling. I blame the bookers when it happens, but that's just me being a smark rear end in a top hat, the reality is that I hate Bray Wyatt for dicking over my favorites and I want him to get axe-kicked in the junk in the middle of his Voldo pose.

I think this forum (myself included) is predisposed to liking heels, in no small part because they have far more personality than the typical WWE face. Sometimes the change is jarring like how New Day is amazing now that they're heels, especially with little touches like Big E doing some kind of aggressive claps when they distracted this week.

edit: The best example might be John Cena, the #1 Face and #1 Heel of the company. I don't want him to never wrestle again, I want my heroes to beat him clean in the middle of the ring.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Good episode. Enzo/Cass jobbing to legitimize another tag team was amazing, the kind of booking WWE should try sometime.

I hope the Vaudevillains get a female manager soon. Specifically, Blue Pants.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Atticus Finch posted:

Good episode. Enzo/Cass jobbing to legitimize another tag team was amazing, the kind of booking WWE should try sometime.

I'm with you, but how about this: we give Enzo/Cass their win back on the next show! Now that's good booking

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Episode was entirely worth it for the Bull video.

The Gable/Jordan finisher is a bit weird in my opinion, what's Gable even doing?

In what way is it weird? Jordan throws a dude at gable and he catches him and slams him.

It's actually the perfect tag finisher, because it looks crazy and dangerous and is also probably the safest move in the company.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

The_Rob posted:

In what way is it weird? Jordan throws a dude at gable and he catches him and slams him.

It's actually the perfect tag finisher, because it looks crazy and dangerous and is also probably the safest move in the company.

The name's pretty brilliant too. A grand amplitude throw in FILA rules results in a tech fall, which automatically wins you the round (so it's literally a finishing move).

Atticus Finch posted:

I hope the Vaudevillains get a female manager soon. Specifically, Blue Pants.

Blue Pantaloons?

Holland Oats fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 30, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It doesn't look like he's doing much more than cradling the guy as they come down. The pinning bridge looks good though, for sure.

It looked better last week when they debuted it. The guy taking it has to remember to bridge right on impact, and this one didn't. It's supposed to look like a catch German.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Angular Landbury posted:

I like the Miz in a heel way, I think he is good a bumping around a bit, the Big Show punch aside, and I always enjoy watching him loose

but I don't want WWE to fire the Miz 'cause he is good at what he does, big a heel

Toru Yano is a heel but is also terrible and I do not want to watch his matches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

No Luck Needed posted:

I like the Miz in a heel way, I think he is good a bumping around a bit, the Big Show punch aside, and I always enjoy watching him loose

but I don't want WWE to fire the Miz 'cause he is good at what he does, big a heel

Toru Yano is a heel but is also terrible and I do not want to watch his matches

Toru Yano is a face like Eddie Guerrero at this point even when he faces mega faces like Tanahashi, Okada, and Nakamura. Like his heeling is mostly just to get laughs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Willie Mack on Periscope that after 10 months WWE still haven't sent him his medical papers.

They had issues with his blood pressure and how his leg healing from injury.

Problematic:

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 30, 2015

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

It looked better last week when they debuted it. The guy taking it has to remember to bridge right on impact, and this one didn't. It's supposed to look like a catch German.

Ah, that explains it. I'll go back to the previous week as I don't remember it.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is Big Cass getting more jacked every episode now?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

maybe he should spend a little less time in the gym and a little more time working on that stammer!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Angular Landbury posted:

Enzo's just shrinking.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That Bull training video was so great that I can't even tell you guys how much I loved it. I honestly wish the main shows had even a fraction of the characterization that Nxt manages every week.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

He's got abs now!

That's probably what'll push him to the main roster tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i just feel that bull dempsey is getting the gimmick that bray wyatt deserves

• Locked thread