Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yuriy posted:

i just feel that bull dempsey is getting the gimmick that bray wyatt deserves

You know who's fatter than Bray Wyatt? Kevin Owens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Willie Mack on Periscope that after 10 months WWE still haven't sent him his medical papers.

They had issues with his blood pressure and how his leg healing from injury.

Problematic:

I've never been to Thering is it near Indianapolis

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

ShakeZula posted:

You know who's fatter than Bray Wyatt? Kevin Owens.

Yea but he doesn't suck

Theres lots of fat guy wrestlers who pulled it off

Big daddy V, bam bam bigelow, even akebono the difference is that them being fat was part if their gimmick rather than just being a sloppy looking rambling goober

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Yea but he doesn't suck

Big daddy V, bam bam bigelow, even akebono the difference is that them being fat was part if their gimmick rather than just being a sloppy looking rambling goober

Are you saying that being fat is part of Owens' gimmick in a way that it isn't part of Bray's? I don't really see the distinction.

And Owens is certainly a superior worker to Bray, but Bray really doesn't suck in the ring or on the mic.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Are you saying that being fat is part of Owens' gimmick in a way that it isn't part of Bray's? I don't really see the distinction.

And Owens is certainly a superior worker to Bray, but Bray really doesn't suck in the ring or on the mic.

His promos are rambling garbage and I think it's mostly because of brays gear, Owens looks like a dude who could pound a few beers and get into a bar brawl

Meanwhile bray looks like he's about to watch some vidya game speed runs or w/e

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Die Laughing posted:

I wish I had the capacity to do so. My friends girlfriend hates all the heels, and it's my favorite thing. Everyone needs a friend like her.
My girlfriend gets genuinely upset when people are mean to Bayley. It's adorable.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Angular Landbury posted:

Is Big Cass getting more jacked every episode now?

He's getting Bull-fit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Radomir Petkovic again:

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Calling it now, Radomir is the next rapadoo!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Meadowhill posted:

Calling it now, Radomir is the next rapadoo!

Not american enough

e: also holy christ that dude is jacked

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Rusevadomir, hero of the Russian Federation

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Yuriy posted:

Yea but he doesn't suck

I feel like Bray is solidly at the Bam Bam Bigelow level of midcard mediocrity. Maybe I just don't have that many fond memories of Bam Bam.

I also think they could have done a lot better with Bray and his stuff looks good in the ring, but they've booked him like absolute poo poo forever so it's hard to care about him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sorry no, Bam Bam owned.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Watch some old Bam Bam matches and watch how quickly he moves for a fat guy

Bray is poo poo in comparison

I like the Russian (?) guy, he is very muscular and big

Whatever happened to Kozlov

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Yuriy posted:

I think Kozlov is working for the IGF? I'm not too entirely sure if the IGF is even still around but thats the last I heard of him

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yuriy posted:

Bray is fast as gently caress and throws his weight around to make his offense look brutal.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, Bray is crazy agile for a guy his size, and actually has a good gas tank too.

It sounds like most of your trouble with him is hat-based, (I'm assuming the fedora is how you got to "watching video game speed runs") since for the most part he wears things inspired by or straight taken from prominent film murderers.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are few visual shortcuts more effective at saying "I cannot function in normal society" than wearing a fedora.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, Bray is crazy agile for a guy his size, and actually has a good gas tank too.

It sounds like most of your trouble with him is hat-based, (I'm assuming the fedora is how you got to "watching video game speed runs") since for the most part he wears things inspired by or straight taken from prominent film murderers.

His shirts look idiotic too. But I think his look works for him whose gimmick is a fat idiot who thinks he runs a cult but isn't smart or charismatic enough to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

There are few visual shortcuts more effective at saying "I cannot function in normal society" than wearing a fedora.

While this is true in internet culture, nobody in real society actually gives a poo poo what hat you wear or relentlessly mocks you for it, unless the one doing the mocking is the type of person who quotes memes in real life in which case they probably own at least one shameful hat.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bray looks like a very typical backwoods Bayou type and his look is good at selling us on his swamp witch persona.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

sticklefifer posted:

While this is true in internet culture, nobody in real society actually gives a poo poo what hat you wear or relentlessly mocks you for it, unless the one doing the mocking is the type of person who quotes memes in real life in which case they probably own at least one shameful hat.

People absolutely mock lame hats in real life

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I told you guys that Bull Dempsey was awesome. ŽNow he's just even more awesome.

Someone in WWE apparently re-discovered the shoulder bump into the ringpost and insists on it being in every match that goes more than 2 minutes. It's getting kinda old, seeing it everywhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't think I have ever seen someone on this forum admit to hating a wrestler in a heel way.

People seemed to want their heels booked as faces, i.e. never cheating, winning cleanly, being dominant, and being someone they aren't ashamed to cheer for.

Posts where people complain about a heel being booked to look weak because they get themselves DQ'd, win matches through nefarious means, and act selfish seem to be missing the point of them being a heel.

Example: If Seth Rollins beats Dean Ambrose by throwing powder in his eyes, hitting him with a chair, and pinning him with a roll up by holding the tights, he's not being booked to look weak. He's being booked to character. A champion like him cares about nothing but keeping his title, and will do anything to keep that title. As his character, he's not going out there to make the fans get behind what he's doing in the ring, he just wants to keep a hold of his title. He couldn't, and shouldn't, (as that character) give a flying gently caress about what the people in the stands think about him, because, to him, they should be beneath him.

Now while you can have dominant heels, usually they come in the form of monsters of just relenting size and force (Brock, Vader).

One to think about is "Macho Man" Randy Savage. When he was the IC champ, he was amazing as a heel, and I don't think in that time he ever had a clean title defense. He'd use foreign objects (he won the title by nailing Tito Santana in the head with one), grab the tights or use the ropes for leverage in pins, get intentionally counted out. I remember one match, vs Billy Jack Haynes, Savage was about to submit to the full nelson, so he KICKED the ref to get DQ'd. The crowd went BALLISTIC with heat because of that. Sadly, today, I think online fans would be complaining that Savage should have won cleanly with the flying elbow in the center of the ring, so they, as fans of that wrestler, could go home happy.

That's a heel. A heel shouldn't be considered a heel just because his opponent is a face. A heel's motive should be that they're in this business for themselves, and no one else.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
That Billy Jack finish sounds amazing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

maybe not to your face

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
what if the person making fun of the hat is racist

Odnet
Mar 17, 2005
Hollerate.

Davros1 posted:

People seemed to want their heels booked as faces, i.e. never cheating, winning cleanly, being dominant, and being someone they aren't ashamed to cheer for.

Posts where people complain about a heel being booked to look weak because they get themselves DQ'd, win matches through nefarious means, and act selfish seem to be missing the point of them being a heel.

Example: If Seth Rollins beats Dean Ambrose by throwing powder in his eyes, hitting him with a chair, and pinning him with a roll up by holding the tights, he's not being booked to look weak. He's being booked to character. A champion like him cares about nothing but keeping his title, and will do anything to keep that title. As his character, he's not going out there to make the fans get behind what he's doing in the ring, he just wants to keep a hold of his title. He couldn't, and shouldn't, (as that character) give a flying gently caress about what the people in the stands think about him, because, to him, they should be beneath him.

Now while you can have dominant heels, usually they come in the form of monsters of just relenting size and force (Brock, Vader).

One to think about is "Macho Man" Randy Savage. When he was the IC champ, he was amazing as a heel, and I don't think in that time he ever had a clean title defense. He'd use foreign objects (he won the title by nailing Tito Santana in the head with one), grab the tights or use the ropes for leverage in pins, get intentionally counted out. I remember one match, vs Billy Jack Haynes, Savage was about to submit to the full nelson, so he KICKED the ref to get DQ'd. The crowd went BALLISTIC with heat because of that. Sadly, today, I think online fans would be complaining that Savage should have won cleanly with the flying elbow in the center of the ring, so they, as fans of that wrestler, could go home happy.

That's a heel. A heel shouldn't be considered a heel just because his opponent is a face. A heel's motive should be that they're in this business for themselves, and no one else.

Exactly. Wrestling fans like to think they're above the dumb marks that react the way they're supposed to so they can't wrap their head around the idea that they shouldn't like the heels. If they don't like them it's totally because they're not "good heels" in some obnoxious, insider-knowledge way.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dana seems to be actually on the road with WWE.
https://twitter.com/DanaBrookeWWE/status/627552734812594176

Hope she replaces Charlotte

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Several years ago, it was HBK Vs Orton. HBK was about to hit Sweet Chin Music so Orton forearmed his crotch when he went for the superkick.

The crowd was pissed at Orton but Orton walked away with the title (and a feeling of superiority) and HBK wanted revenge. It built their feud.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I have absolutely no problem with a heel cheating to win (Rollins' thumb to the eye on Cesaro last week was great), I really only have an issue with heels needing outside interference to win at all. This is why I'm more or less fine with Owens' booking so far, but why I'm disappointed in Rollins'.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Several years ago, it was HBK Vs Orton. HBK was about to hit Sweet Chin Music so Orton forearmed his crotch when he went for the superkick.

The crowd was pissed at Orton but Orton walked away with the title (and a feeling of superiority) and HBK wanted revenge. It built their feud.

Orton did a low blow DQ to stop the inevitable finisher on TV in a title match vs Bryan in 2013 too which was a similarly great heel finish to a great match

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

rovert posted:

Dana seems to be actually on the road with WWE.
https://twitter.com/DanaBrookeWWE/status/627552734812594176

Hope she replaces Charlotte
I don't know why the hell you would want to inflict that on anybody.

After last week's NXT, I think I'd honestly rather watch Eva Marie matches than another Dana segment of any kind.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

dromal phrenia posted:

I think the miz is a great example, he isn't bad on the mic/commentary/ringside and he's decent enough in the ring that I want him to stick around so I can watch big crazy muscle monsters beat the absolute poo poo out of him.
Everyone shits on the Miz all the time but every single thing he does gets over in reality much more than it should on paper.

MrBling posted:

Someone in WWE apparently re-discovered the shoulder bump into the ringpost and insists on it being in every match that goes more than 2 minutes. It's getting kinda old, seeing it everywhere.
That move and every single match having someone end up on the outside and then the other guy do a 20 second stutter step while pointing then running the ropes and diving over the top rope could both disappear forever and I think 99% of matches would improve.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

I don't know why the hell you would want to inflict that on anybody.

After last week's NXT, I think I'd honestly rather watch Eva Marie matches than another Dana segment of any kind.

Dana is loving terrible but I'd rather her infect the main roster than NXT to be honest

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Please give me DDP as Bull's life coach/personal trainer to ensure his Bull-fit program stays on track.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dana has beaten Bayley to the main roster at WWE Live Event in Hidalgo, Texas against Nattie and Emma.

Glad she is working with a veteran like Cameron too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dana and Emma being on opposite teams is pretty weird. I guess Emma is still technically a face on the main roster by default

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

did they bring dana up to kill all the main roster women or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Dana and Emma being on opposite teams is pretty weird. I guess Emma is still technically a face on the main roster by default

Emma did do a heel gimmick on a house show a few months ago in where she cut a pre-match promo ripping on the town, then got beat like 5 times in consective matches or something.

• Locked thread